EASTER EGGS

Pages: 1
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Hello, I currently making a list of funniest easter eggs in RM games. Unfortunately don't know of any myself. Can you help me?
author=Rave2010
Hello, I currently making a list of funniest easter eggs in RM games. Unfortunately don't know of any myself. Can you help me?

I love working on RMN easter eggs. We need a thread on easter egg creation.
author=Clareain_Christopher
author=Rave2010
I love working on RMN easter eggs. We need a thread on easter egg creation.

Yeah, we do! Who wants to make one?

I made the character way before I heard of Princess Princess, but when I knew NicoB was gonna LT the game, I had to add this.
Shame he never got to that scene. :'(
Most of the characters in the bar of To Save a Land are Princess, Princess cameos. Whether or not they count as Easter Eggs is another thing. Is there a difference between the two?
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Would easter eggs be more of a secret find? And a cameo would be more straight up, like the people in the bar.
author=Liberty
Most of the characters in the bar of To Save a Land are Princess, Princess cameos. Whether or not they count as Easter Eggs is another thing. Is there a difference between the two?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_(media)
So yeah, it's an easter egg. Princess Princess is a popular one, isn't it? :3

@InfectionFiles
Hm, that's true. Though I don't know why they shouldn't count in the list.
And some devs might want to keep some secrets a secret x.x
I'll start looking for them when I play RM games.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
This has got me wanting to add some easter eggs in my game now!
And I definitely believe they are on the same level, but I always believed they were more like hidden content.
There is a difference, but not really at the same time.

EDIT: Just added a lil easter egg in Infection, hopefully someone gets the reference at some point.
I'll have to add more of these, I think people will eat them up.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
I'm rather thinking of "unlockable" easter eggs - those who are well-hidden and require doing things that you probably wouldn't do in normal game (like entering konami code at one map, or talking to specific book shelf in library).
author=Rave2010
I'm rather thinking of "unlockable" easter eggs - those who are well-hidden and require doing things that you probably wouldn't do in normal game (like entering konami code at one map, or talking to specific book shelf in library).
Most of my doors in the first town are locked, but there is one building that has an unlocked door.
This door also has no indication that you can enter it.

Going into the building introduces the player to a room full of my bad habits in map design.
And at the end of the map, you find a weapon called "Alterliberties' Retribution."

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Technically, an easter egg is any hidden feature in a game. However, when most people think of easter eggs, they are thinking specifically of either hidden humorous references to other creative works, or hidden messages from the programmers about the creation of the game. You wouldn't think of Vincent and Yuffie in FF7 as easter eggs, you'd think of them as hidden content. Because they are canonical game-affecting features, not just whimsical fluff to giggle at. And cheat codes are really in a different category too.

If your game is comical and repeatedly breaks the fourth wall, the bar for hidden references to be called easter eggs is probably higher. If your serious fantasy game has a rabbit enemy, and scanning the enemy and then viewing it in the bestiary lists its description as "This is the most foul, cruel, bad-tempered rodent anyone ever set eyes on! It's got a vicious streak a mile wide!" then that's an easter egg. But if the same thing happens in The Most Stupidest Game Ever: Re-Duh, that's not really an easter egg, because almost a third of the dialogue in the game is Monty Python references already. It doesn't feel out of place, so finding it just feels like encountering any other part of the game, so it's not an easter egg.
Easter eggs demand that the player not really see them unless they go looking for them. Blasting through the game, not deviating from the regular path, 99% of players should not discover an Easter egg.

Exploration and the hunt is the biggest factor in the fun of tracking these things down. You shouldn't know if there's an Easter egg there, you should be checking every nook and cranny of a game you love and trying to get past boundary walls and areas that simply appear to be inaccessible.

I'm considering putting a face down, dead, Batman in a non descript alley in one of my towns. Interacting with him only gives you the message "Some crazy fool in a bat costume." It would be in an area of said town that you ordinarily wouldn't visit, and would require going through a non descriptor door, through someone's home, and out of their backdoor, to access the alley.
I added something once to a game I had made, that was along the lines of an Easter Egg, along the lines of a way to skip a part of the game, and finally, would of been REALLY hard to find. This 'Easter Egg' would of been a secret room that appears randomly in the first area you would of went in. And it wouldn't have a name, so you continue travelling, and your now in the Oracion world.

I didn't get to far into making the game, but I still don't plan on retrying it. So no one may be able to play that and see that secret part of the game. BTW, using that without giving God's Staff to Oracion would of gave you the bad ending anyway.
A reference to a prince with a flat nose would be funny. Haha. Star Stealing prince by the way.
author=Gourd_Clae
A reference to a prince with a flat nose would be funny. Haha. Star Stealing prince by the way.

Was looking for a way to reference that game :o
author=InfectionFiles
This has got me wanting to add some easter eggs in my game now!
And I definitely believe they are on the same level, but I always believed they were more like hidden content.
There is a difference, but not really at the same time.

EDIT: Just added a lil easter egg in Infection, hopefully someone gets the reference at some point.
I'll have to add more of these, I think people will eat them up.
author=pyrodoom
I added something once to a game I had made, that was along the lines of an Easter Egg, along the lines of a way to skip a part of the game, and finally, would of been REALLY hard to find. This 'Easter Egg' would of been a secret room that appears randomly in the first area you would of went in. And it wouldn't have a name, so you continue travelling, and your now in the Oracion world.

I didn't get to far into making the game, but I still don't plan on retrying it. So no one may be able to play that and see that secret part of the game. BTW, using that without giving God's Staff to Oracion would of gave you the bad ending anyway.

I'm think of placing a certain 3 characters in my game, in a random town I will make later(maybe a reference to another game town, that they live in) and if you talk to them, they sing their theme songs, and they can sing across a whole city, til' you leave the city.
Pages: 1