[2K3] LOCATING THE SAVE DATA ON WIN 7

Pages: 1
So, I am here to ask a simple question that puzzles me that has occured when I was working on my project; In rm2k3 on windows 7 64 bit when you run it out of admin mode it saves the data elsewhere and in admin mode it saves the date in Rpg maker 2003 file. Well, as it would occur, I was working in rm2k3 without realizing this and one day tried to locate the data's file so I could create a demo, when I realized that it is nowhere to be found!
Upon loading it in Admin mode, I found that all of my work on the project for the last two months was gone! More then that, the save data of the game in the program folder was that of it two months ago! So to no avail after a hour in google, I found that I need to work with admin mode enabled. However, I do not want to lose 2 months worth of work so where is the game data stored at when it is not running under admin? The editor loads it, so it must be kept somewhere.
Since I don't have 2K3 installed, I can't look it up for you, but have you tried my documents/games or my document/ascii or anything like that? That's usually the place where saves go.
Otherwise, try the finder. Just look for the name of your map/or something like "Map0001.lmu", which should be there in any of the 2k3 projects.

Good luck finding it nevertheless!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It will have been moved from C:\Program Files\ to C:\ProgramData\

Be sure you have the folder options set to show hidden files and folders.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
The simple answer to this is to not and never use the C:\Program Files\ directory, Windows 7 has that directory on hard lockdown and you will experience problems with software unaware of Windows 7's new dealings there.

I would also stay away from C:\Program Files (x86)\ for the same reason.
dragonheartman
Developer, Starless Umbra / Heroes of Umbra
author=KingArthur
The simple answer to this is to not and never use the C:\Program Files\ directory, Windows 7 has that directory on hard lockdown and you will experience problems with software unaware of Windows 7's new dealings there.

I would also stay away from C:\Program Files (x86)\ for the same reason.
I had this problem for the longest time. It drove me nuts.

I installed 2k3 in my Program Files (x86), but all projects get tossed into My Documents. (More specifically, into my DropBox folder to auto-backup my project.)

This is probably the best solution for keeping all the working files in the same place.
Thanks guys, I managed to find it XD
Pages: 1