RMN V4.3 IS LIVE!

Pages: first prev 1234 last
author=kentona
I use Opera and did all of the css tweaks in opera dragonfly.
I'm trying to recreate what I saw yesterday for a screenshot, but it seems to have been fixed.
The dropdown menu items were appearing on some pages as a plain list, pushing the actual page contents down. Also, the three thumbnails in people's profiles also appeared as full-sized images stacked on top of each other.
Well, it doesn't matter now. Everything is suddenly working.

PotM should theoretically be daily at most, but that would require some serious commitment by an admin, or an overly complicated system of user-flagging to get it up there. A "Picture of the Moment Thread" and changing it twice a week based on user suggestions is probably the fairest method. Change it on Monday and Friday mornings. Four day exposure for one half, three days of weekend for the other.

Edit :
author=LockeZ
Check out the Games section. The featured game is now at the top of that page too. And on that page it's the only one up there, it doesn't cycle.
Just noticed it. A definite improvement.
I rescind my complaint about Featured not really being featured anymore.
author=Liberty
The idea of a list of shortcuts was recently thrown out there: something like a drop-down menu on the top bar, where you could have a set list (maybe 5) of shortcuts. So say you want a shortcut to a certain topic, one to the forums, one to a certain game, another to the review page and one to the Welp forum, you could... It's a nifty idea, and they could be changeable through settings. Thoughts?

I was going to suggest docking the navigation bar at the top when scrolling down, but I guess yours is a less intrusive, more practical option.
Although, only five slots may not seem as versatile to some people. (I'm just happy having the 'latest post' feed as my homepage ^^;)
I was thinking a drop down menu under the little RMN logo on the black bar, like with mailbox and submissions and such. That way they're always at hand if you need them. I just picked 5 because it was a nice number, and the fit the default menus - Games, Development, Engine, Events, Community - (Front page is available by clicking on the RMN logo already) hence they could be the default shortcuts for those who don't want to change them.
here what i think of the new version of this.
the style is very good.
navigation is now very easy to find (now i won't be going back and forward or deeper to a page to find a certain topic)
added facebook, twitter, youtube button. easy to navigate too...
but there some things that you really need to add to here.
forums:
you should add one of the following forum:
where we can put our resources to share with everybody.

profile:
i think you should also allowed us to customized our profile page to add some design and such.

you should also add deviant art to Contact Information list. (i really want to show my deviant art account to here.

add a friend system (so i can add friends)

a place where we can showcase our achievement...

and a place where we can easily view what inside a user locker (if you think that is isn't good then add a checkbox where if we wanted to show the file in the profile page)

and add some blog on the profile page also.

misc.

you should allowed us to move remove some section in anywhere for easy navigation.

i think that it on what i like it here.
author=jomarcenter
you should add one of the following forum:
where we can put our resources to share with everybody.

You can make a topic in the Resource and Help forums. That's what they're there for.

profile:
i think you should also allowed us to customized our profile page to add some design and such.

Why? It serves its purpose quite fine. The site is about games, not the creators of them, so why the need/desire to pimp out your page? It looks nice as is.

you should also add deviant art to Contact Information list. (i really want to show my deviant art account to here.

You can add it under your own website, you know? Maybe allowing for additional websites to add might be better.

add a friend system (so i can add friends)

Why? What real purpose does this serve? We already know who our friends are, do we need a reminder?

a place where we can showcase our achievement...

There's already an achievement page under a person's profile.

and a place where we can easily view what inside a user locker (if you think that is isn't good then add a checkbox where if we wanted to show the file in the profile page)

You can check a person's locker by clicking on their name and choosing to browse their locker. There's also the ability to make things in your locker private so that people can't see them.

and add some blog on the profile page also.

It'd be nice, but the site is more about games than people.

you should allowed us to move remove some section in anywhere for easy navigation.

This would probably be rather hard to implement and is really not a big deal. Scrolling past something doesn't take much more than a movement of a finger.
i forgot another one.
how about add a way to view this website on a phone (let's say an iphone) because i mostly i check out this site on the go to see any updates on my games and navigating this site on a phone is a pain in a neck... i think you should find a way for us to view this site on a phone easily... instead of making us viewing it harder on phones.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
While I don't know how RMN looks or interacts on a mobile device, creating a mobile version of the website would basically mean creating another entirely different frontend for the website that would need to be maintained concurrently with what we have now.

Unless there is outstanding demand for such a feature, I don't think the potential benefits would outweigh the logistical problems.
the site runs on smart phones (I do it occasionally) but a mobile version/app is something we want to try to do, just to do it, you know? There is no pressing need or anything - ankylo wants to try to make an app for the sake of it and to learn how to make apps sometime in the future. There are no firm plans, though.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Am I the only one who's noticing the "Did you know" section at the very bottom of the main page?
Nope. The A is for Anderson~ :D
LeviCore
currently impersonating KingArthur
the status feature is very nice \m/
your status should be "currently impersonating KingArthur"
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
I keep getting a 2-message note on my mailbox, but when i look there are no new messages. Could this be related to the revamp?
That happened even before the revamp. A cool new feature introduced in this version of the site is a button at the bottom of your mailbox that "resets" your mailbox if this happens. It doesn't get rid of any of your messages either.

The "Reset Unread Count" button.
author=kentona
the site runs on smart phones (I do it occasionally) but a mobile version/app is something we want to try to do, just to do it, you know? There is no pressing need or anything - ankylo wants to try to make an app for the sake of it and to learn how to make apps sometime in the future. There are no firm plans, though.
well i try to check it out on my ipod/iphone and is isn't look like mobile friendly to me. it still slow when connecting (while using the PC is fast!) and is isn't been build or sent/redirect me to the mobile version of the site. and is isn't look good when view to an ipod or an iphone. i can show you the picture i took on my phone if you want to see it.
I really like the idea of putting the event banners in a few more of the portals. However, the banner in the community portal looks a little ugly because it's so big in my opinion.

Edit: I meant the event banners. Derp.
Pages: first prev 1234 last