RMN V4.3 BUGS

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
It worked!

Edit: huh? Cool. Weird. Thanks Kenton. Weird thing!
Thanks a ton, ankylo!
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
For a few days now, trying to download a RMN hosted file lead to the error page. A couple of other developers have been having trouble with the game downloads:

Download links no longer works
author=edchuy
For a few days now, trying to download a RMN hosted file lead to the error page. A couple of other developers have been having trouble with the game downloads:

Download links no longer works
I think I fixed this. Can someone confirm?
edchuy
The thing I was trying to download works. Thanks, kentona!
The resource category URLs just point to the general resources URL. Typing in the filter yourself ie http://rpgmaker.net/resources/graphics/ works though.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
So apparently, if you submit a game with three screenshots, but you have them marked as feedback images, it doesn't go into the queue. This sounds like probably a bug?

I guess it's kinda arguably not a bug, since your game profile won't have three screenshots. But it's very misleading and confusing, and I sort of approve of letting games that aren't done yet mark every single screenshot as for feedback.

But it should be explained when making a submission, at least, if nothing else.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I dunno how it happened, but my mailbox is blinking constantly even though I don't have any new messages. I even deleted the message that initiated it and it still insists I have one unread.
Did you press the RESET MY FUCKING BLINKING MAILBOX button in your mailbox (at the bottom)?
halibabica
I didn't even know that's what it's for. Hooray, my status bar is normal again!
author=kentona
Did you press the RESET MY FUCKING BLINKING MAILBOX button in your mailbox (at the bottom)?

Nobody ever sees it, what about putting it somewhere more prominent? Maybe make it larger with flashing lights or animated gifs.
halibabica
No, I saw it, I just didn't know what it did. It's the first this problem's come up for me, and it only makes sense to me now. However, I tend to be naive when it comes to stuff like this, so it's possible it's just me.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=kentona

We should consider removing "my fucking blinking" from that button to ensure that we are setting a good example for our 13-17 crowd ;)

WHEN IS THAT MOFO GETTING UNBLINKED
Hi Deckiller, my name is kentona. I tend to exaggerate and use facetious statements. Nice to meet you!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Link_2112
author=kentona
Nobody ever sees it, what about putting it somewhere more prominent? Maybe make it larger with flashing lights or animated gifs.
Put it at the top of the middle of the screen on every RMN page, and make it constantly blink

Ummm..... Is this a glitch or what? I posted a link in my status and though I can click on the link I can't click on the actual status (the black text) which makes it kind of hard to post on the status...
When you post a link in a status, the BBC interpreter automatically wraps it in <a href> tags, but because the status also serves as a link on the community page, when your browser interprets it it is like a nested link in a link, and thus the first closing </a> terminates both URLs, resulting in any text after that being just regular text.

To fix this, I would have to forbid or prevent URLs from being posted in statuses. I think it is good enough to just let people edit their statuses to have regular text preceeding the URL in their status, so that users will have something to click on to get to the status page.
author=kentona
When you post a link in a status, the BBC interpreter automatically wraps it in <a href> tags, but because the status also serves as a link on the community page, when your browser interprets it it is like a nested link in a link, and thus the first closing </a> terminates both URLs, resulting in any text after that being just regular text.

To fix this, I would have to forbid or prevent URLs from being posted in statuses. I think it is good enough to just let people edit their statuses to have regular text preceeding the URL in their status, so that users will have something to click on to get to the status page.

Um... I think I understood some of what you just said...
edchuy
For some reason, I can't access The Reconstruction's main gamepage, but all others seem to be accessible.
author=wildwes
author=kentona

Um... I think I understood some of what you just said...

Basically - if I'm right - it's a double-negative effect. The urls are the negatives and the intial text is set as a negative (link) so when both are in there, it sets the url added as a positive, having been cancelled by the other negative (url).
Or something.