RMN V4.3 BUGS

author=edchuy
For some reason, I can't access The Reconstruction's main gamepage, but all others seem to be accessible.

This should be fixed now!
This is more of a complaint then anything, but you gain makerscore from images you've submitted to games that are either still pending or denied. I think it would make more sense to give a person the makerscore from it once the profile is approved.
Dunno if this have been brought up before but Notices sometimes do not disappear even after I checked them out. It may have something to do with the Halloween event, since it's only those notices that doesn't disappear.
Thumbnails generated by BBC aren't offset properly in the Image Feedback Summary page. They are rendering in the space occupied by user avatars, probably because they are trying to use the same offset as a standard post.
The toolbar along the top, with mailbox, seems a little laggy since the update.

Sometimes it won't open when my mouse is over it. I have to move it away, then mouse over again to get it to open. The notices one is the worst offender.

Also, and this happens quite often, the drop down menu will stay open after my mouse has left the area. Even if I click on the page it doesn't go away. I have to mouse over it again. It's quite annoying.

Oh, I was trying to recreate it and this happens when I mouse over and then move the mouse up off the page. I can't remember if this happened before but I don't remember ever seeing the menu stuck open like that even if I clicked on the page.
I have noticed that. It might be a coincidence that you are noticing it more now, though, because it happened in the past, too.

Has anyone noticed if the "main" dropdowns have ever stuck on them? (the GAMES DEV EVENTS etc.. one). I never have, plus when I use Opera Dragonfly to remove the topbar and attempt to get them to stick with the "main" bar by mousing out the top of the page, I still can't get them to stick. The CSS for the "main" bar is different than the top bar for dropdowns (mostly because I couldn't figure out what the hell the CSS for the topbar was doing (I blame WIP) so I made new CSS for the main bar). If no one has noticed the main bar sticking, I will replace the top bar CSS with the stuff I did for the main bar and see if that helps.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The top bar only sticks if you move your mouse up, off the top edge of the page. It doesn't detect your mouse moving off the bar because the mouse is never pointing to the pixels outside of it. With the main bar, I suspect the only reason this doesn't happen is because it's never at the edge of the page.

Though what's odd is that if you then move your mouse back onto the window from somewhere else on the screen, it doesn't detect that you're mousing over a part of the page other than the top bar. This part of the behavior, at least, might be fixed if you replaced the CSS.
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
I can't access any of the pages of this game. Coincidentally, it's status was changed. Is there a connection between the two?
author=edchuy
I can't access any of the pages of this game. Coincidentally, it's status was changed. Is there a connection between the two?

The developer deleted the game, which is why you can't view it. Are you getting an anti-climbing paint page?
I noticed that in the standard Google search, results pointing to RMN pages have this summary:
"A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt – learn more."

Also, screenshots and whatnot don't get linked in the Images section. Is that something you guys did to minimize bandwidth?
author=Dyhalto
I noticed that in the standard Google search, results pointing to RMN pages have this summary:
"A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt – learn more."

Also, screenshots and whatnot don't get linked in the Images section. Is that something you guys did to minimize bandwidth?

Yea, I think the robots.txt is pretty aggressive right now...probably want to change it up a bit so we don't hurt our Google search rankings.
Okay, so Marrend pointed out that there was an issue with adding a review to one of my games.

I took a look to see if there'd be any reason for that and eventually figured it out. If your game has a download added but, for some reason, hasn't got it set as the default download, then it won't allow reviews.

I have no idea why the download wasn't set as the main one - I'm pretty sure it's the only download I've added to the page and it is hosted on RMN, so...

But yeah, figured I'd report it in any case.
I *think* that is intentional. A game needs to have a "main" download specified for the creator indicate that the download added is in fact a game or demo to play. It is possible to add downloads to a profile that aren't games.
ankylo, I don't mean to re-raise old butthurts but the "A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt – learn more" message still plagues the Google sphere.
The reason I bring it up is because, unless someone actually types in the full name of the exact game they're looking for, a RMN link probably won't show up. If the name is fairly generic (eg. Nebulus, Fey, The Drop) it won't show up at all (at least, not on page 1). This obviously isn't helping traffic any :(
Also, whatever's blocking Google from probing RMN is also blocking people's screenshots from appearing in Google Images. Try searching for Forever's End screencaps. There's just a few from RMRK, and that one hentai fanart o.O;;

On a related note, this site's search engine has gone bonkers on me. If I'm looking for a game and it comes up in the suggestions it's fine, but the more obscure stuff is hard to track down. Space Resistance, a game I recently reviewed, can't be found by searching "Space Resistance" or "Space". Strangely, "Resistance" alone generates it as the 1st result but dis ain't rite :(
And Nebulus is nowhere to be found. Here's a thumb of what it gave me.

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/6639/locker/SearchShite.PNG
RE: robots.txt

I updated the robots.txt to allow Googlebot and Googlebot-Image to crawl the site but it will probably take a few days for it to pick up on the new settings.

Maybe the robots.txt had an effect on the Google site search? I'm still evaluating options for a better search feature, but haven't implemented anything yet.
author=Sated
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but my "Notices" do not get marked as read until I physically load a new page.

Try a hard refresh or clear your cache? I made some changes last night. Also, what are you doing to mark them as read?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Okay, the send button on my mailbox is causing my browser to crash. Just started happening. How do I fix that?