RMN V4.3 BUGS

When I put this link in a youtube tag, it doesn't load. Other videos work. I checked the settings on youtube. It's set to public and allowed to be embedded. I know you probably can't do much on your end, but I thought I'd mention it.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
It appears to work fine. I watched at least a minute of that video.

(looks neat)
author=LouisCyphre
It appears to work fine. I watched at least a minute of that video.

(looks neat)

That's because I fixed it.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Topic posting is stuffing up for me. When I post a topic, it hangs on the creation page for a while, then says it made an error or something. I see that a couple of people around here have been double topic posting like I did.

Edit: To clarify, topic posting does work. But it seems like it takes a while, and then you want to refresh it and do it again, and then it creates two topics by accident. :S
We have had a lot more double posted topics in the last day than we usually get in a week...
author=CashmereCat
Topic posting is stuffing up for me. When I post a topic, it hangs on the creation page for a while, then says it made an error or something. I see that a couple of people around here have been double topic posting like I did.

Edit: To clarify, topic posting does work. But it seems like it takes a while, and then you want to refresh it and do it again, and then it creates two topics by accident. :S

What kind of error? I don't see any errors that relate to posting new topics.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Maybe it was just yesterday, but I don't want to post a topic to find out. It's just that when you post a topic, it doesn't load properly, so you post it again, and bam! you've got two topics.

Did you try posting a topic? Did it work OK for you? If so, maybe it's just me but like Liberty said, it's been happening a lot lately (as in, yesterday).
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Here's my experience with the topic bug:

I go to create a topic, and it waits for about five minutes. Then, it takes me to an error page. I hit the back arrow then. But before I try to create the topic again, I open up a second tab to check the forum to see if the topic had been created. Nope.

So I go and repost the topic again. This time, while I wait for five minutes, I kept refreshing the second tab keeping an eye on the forum that I created my topic in. About three minutes later, I see that my topic has been created, but the first tab was still trying to create a new topic. So I closed down the tab before the process could finish.

As I'm writing this, I still kept refreshing my page. And yep, soon a duplicate topic was made, even though I closed down the tab first. So I guess a temporary solution would be for topic creators to just be patient and wait. Even though the error message will occur, the topic will be created.
author=CashmereCat
Maybe it was just yesterday, but I don't want to post a topic to find out. It's just that when you post a topic, it doesn't load properly, so you post it again, and bam! you've got two topics.

Did you try posting a topic? Did it work OK for you? If so, maybe it's just me but like Liberty said, it's been happening a lot lately (as in, yesterday).

Yikes, no, it worked horribly! It sat for 5 minutes and then gave me a 504 gateway timeout error (but still posted the topic), which means that the front end webserver was having trouble contacting the back end server. I restarted both servers but that didn't help. Also, weird that it doesn't apply to replies, just new topics...
What, in the name of all that is holy, happened here? My best guess is something CSS related but hell, it looks glitched to fuck.
Nope, there was an open bbcode tag that caused the whole thing to go to shit. I closed it via mod powers abuse and it looks good now.
I did not know an open bbcode tag could do that. Learn something new every day. ^.^;
Well, next time I'll know what to do~ >.<)b
It still seems to take forever to add a game to your playlist.

It gets added awkwardly enough, though
author=Kuronekox

Are you getting the "System is down" page?

Seems I will have to revisit the algorithm that is used to get recommended games...
author=ankylo
author=Kuronekox

Seems I will have to revisit the algorithm that is used to get recommended games...

It just hangs there and tries to load on Google Chrome.

author=Kuronekox
author=ankylo
author=Kuronekox

OK, this should be a bit better now.
author=ankylo
author=Kuronekox
author=ankylo
author=Kuronekox

OK, this should be a bit better now.

Yes, it works now.

Sweet thanks
author=TungerManU
The Resources page is acting weird. The Category links don't do anything, they just send me to the page I'm currently on.

i.e. when I'm on the /resources/ page and I click on Graphics, the page just reloads. When I'm on the /resources/graphics/ page, clicking any category does nothing either.

I reported that a while ago and got the answer that they've yet to be linked to each other. Probably happen in an upcoming update.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If you start to create a poll and hit "submit" with one of the fields invalid - like, say, leaving the Body section blank - it seemingly saves your entered information and prompts you to fill in the spots you missed. Except that all the poll choices you typed in disappear except the last one. Because the last choice is not deleted, and there are no empty text fields, one who was not paying attention might, theoretically, not notice that the list of answers has arbitrarily changed. And then only fill in the fields that are marked red before he or she presses the submit button, proceeding to create a nonsensical poll topic with only one choice.

Also, "arpigology."