RMN V4.3 BUGS

Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Link_2112
Not sure if this is a bug or maybe I'm using Youtube wrong, but whenever I want to share a video and get a url from youtube it looks like this:

https://youtu.be/luzpLgCUl9g or
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=luzpLgCUl9g

However that doesn't work with RMN's youtube tag. For that tag to work, the url needs to look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luzpLgCUl9g

Can the site be made to work with the youtu.be links, if not, where exactly am I supposed to get the watch link when I'm looking at my youtube dashboard?

1) click on video

2) grab URL from address bar
author=Sooz
1) click on video

2) grab URL from address bar
haha I wanted to repeat your suggested steps and throw it in your face, because that's what I've been doing this whole time. But I figured I better repeat the steps to be sure. This time I got the right url at the top. Which made me do a double take, and realize what the issue is.

When looking at your dashboard, and you click the words of the video, it goes to edit mode. Which is normally what I do when I pick something from a list on the internet. However if you click the thumbnail image instead, it goes to the watch page. I never would have thought they were different.

So, Thanks.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Dang. Yeah, I did it from my dash just to make sure, probably only clicked the thumb because it's bigger. YT sure is some shit, huh?
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
-I was added as a Tester to a game, but I still couldn't see the link on his download page, even though it was marked as "For Testers Only". He had to send me a direct link. Is this normal? What does ticking "For Testers" actually do?

-How come media that you add for your own game is instant, but media submitted to another game requires approval by admins instead of the game owner?
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=Dyluck
-I was added as a Tester to a game, but I still couldn't see the link on his download page, even though it was marked as "For Testers Only". He had to send me a direct link. Is this normal? What does ticking "For Testers" actually do?

Yes, that's normal. Setting it as "for Testers Only" doesn't make it visible from the game page. Even if you send that link to other people, only those named as testers will be able to view the page and download a copy.

In addition to download links, being marked as a tester lets you see tabs on a gamepage marked as invisible to all but devs and testers.

-How come media that you add for your own game is instant, but media submitted to another game requires approval by admins instead of the game owner?

When you add media to your own game, it's treated similarly to blogs, images, etc., so they wouldn't need approval.

Letting game creators approve media submitted to the gamepage leaves a lot of potential for abuse. Having a creator deny media just because it may not be overly positive about a game would be very unfair, so that's left to the queue keeper.
Yeah, we debated that one a lot, actually. Not sure what the best approach is, but this is the compromise we reached when I implemented Media submissions. Game Developers can't approve or deny reviews, either.
Sooz
TBH it's a pretty ingenious approach, with the only issue that I can see being wait time.
Sooz
OK so this thread

I tried making a post yesterday which was just a copied and pasted Japanese character about five times. The site told me the post went through, but I couldn't see it. Having checked back, I'm listed as the last poster on the thread in Welp, but still cannot see that post, even when logged out. (Have checked with Chrome and Edge.)

I have not tried to replicate the post for fear of breaking things further.

Any clues what the heck happened?
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I tried the same thing on April Fools, and was hit with the same countermeasure. Your post was marked as spam and unable to be viewed by anyone except a mod. You've got the Korean bots to thank for killing your fun, as that was an implementation to stop the spam we had a while ago.

Don't worry, though. I saw your post. If it makes you feel better, you can take the slightly harsh exhale out of my nose as reward for your efforts.
I see it, but I don't get it.

This is the true crime.
I was curious, tried the same thing, and my post got eaten too :(

e: I am also slowposting but that's normal and a user-issue rather than a system-issue
Then you can put it in Google translate to see what I wrote!

(I don't know the grammar structure for it to be "No, it's a mystery to everybody")
came back as "No, that is a mystery."
The spam filter probably ate it. If your post is mostly unicode, it thinks it is spam and flags it.
Sooz
Mystery solved.

Stupid horse race bots gotta ruin all my fun!
author=Sooz
Mystery solved.

Stupid horse race bots gotta ruin all my fun!

Right now the spam filter is dumb. I've been meaning to teach it some things to make it smarter.
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
I recall someone saying that the MAFIA tag was supposed to prevent those posts in that thread from showing up in Latest Posts, but it seems to only stop them from showing up in the latests 4 posts of the forum sidebar, but not the actual full list of Latest Posts.
That is how it is supposed to be. It will stop them from showing up on the community page, not on the latest posts feed. This is because they still count as part of the latest posts.

They don't show up on the Latest Posts on the Community Page, which has a limit of shown posts - the whole issue was that they were bumping out other posts very fast from a small pool of posts shown. That got fixed. But removing them from the actual feed of latest posts, which gives about 20 pages of backlog? Um, no.

There's changing the site by making it so that everything in that four post window for Latest Posts on the Community Page isn't a constant stream of the same thread and then there's removing all trace of something. Let's not be ridiculous about this.