GOURD'S QUEST! - FORUM ADVENTURE GAME {-THE END-}

Posts

Pages: first 123456 next last
End Game Quote:

"Emily Adieu Orphanage; Say Adieu to Your Past, and Bonjour to Your New Present - the Future"


...


Hiya, guys, let's play a game!

This is a game where I will post a part of a story leaving at the end a choice to be made. The first person who makes a choice will be the one I roll with. So you guys decide how the story goes! (Though, I will be writing it.)

There'll be a Party, an Inventory, and the story thus far in the OP. I'll try to update the OP as much as possible. Also, note that you don't HAVE to choose the options I give you, you may choose your own if they're appropriate with the situation.
Main Menu

Party:
Emily Adieu the Orphan
Cloud the Terminal Dragon (Watching in the skies)
Adam Bondile the Monaerie Athlete
Sephiroth the Badass Rainbow Nurse


Inventory


:: Emily ::


Flameproof Gourd Armor ~ Monaerie Values
Women's Suffrage Pink Female's Spurt Panel Anklet

-Elementalist Backpack- 22 Panels of Space - 15 panels in use

Singed Large Rope (1 panel)
Blackened Right Key (1 panel)
Flame Scar Bazooka x14 ammo (10 panels)
Cup of Water x2 :: Deluge Water Elemental Spell (1 panel)
Intimidating Badge x :: Healing Wind Protection Elemental Spell (1 panel)
Red Pen of Death X3 :: Flare Destructive Elemental Spell (1 panel)


:: Adam ::

Athlete's Suit of the Gourd Variety
Bondage Claw
Manly Baby Blue Male's Spurt Panel Bracelet

-Totes Invisible RPG Inventory- 15 Panels of Space - 8 panels in use

Box of Spurt Panel Accessories ~Sign of yours and Emily's new friendship~ (4 Panels)
Athlete's Foot Pass a.k.a. Proof that you're an athlete in Luc Monaerie (1 Panel)
Jug of Water that Came From Nowhere (2 Panels)
Bloody red pen (1 panel)

:: Sephiroth ::
Incredibly Deadly Automatic Tranquilizer Gun Mk. 2k3 x783 ammo
Sexy Ranibow Nurse Suit
Reinforced Gravitonne Scarf

-The "Inventories are for Chumps" Inventory- 100 Panels of Space - 90 panels in use
Tranquilizer Gun Cartridges x20 (20 Panels)
Eyedropper Claw (5 Panels)
Ultima Bazooka (17 Panels)
Healing Potion (1 Panel)
Spurt Bracelet ~Mugged from Greeting man because of being just plain impolite~ (5 Panels)
Nuclear Ball (10 Panels)
"RIGHT" Chest (15 panels)
Left Key (1 Panels)
Wooden Plank (1 Panel)
Jon Adieu's Cremated Body (15 Panels)


The Whole Story:
He lunges at you again. You knows he coming this time and you know it's going to HURT. You hold your breath and close your eyes. You're ready.
*BAM*
W-was that a...gun? Are you shot? Are you dead? Where's Emily? Why'd it have to be you? Your head is a mess with questions. You swallow hard and think. You start listing the basics of yourself to make sure you're alive. You think you saw it in a movie once. Anyway...
Name? Jon. Jon Adeui. Age? 23. Do you have any family? One kid, the mother skipped out on you long ago. Current situation? You...think you just got shot. During endurance training you were paired up with Sam "The Cheetah" Daranio. He's known for being a little merciless during training, but guns? Never. You decide to open your eyes. Slowly... You look around and see Sam on the ground holding himself. Well, you know where the gunshot went...but question is: Where did it come from and are YOU in danger? You scope your surroundings. You're in a wide area enclosed in walls. There are bunch of other "Gourds" running around being gunned down from the lookout towers on the walls. On the wall to your left is a door leading to into the building. On the wall to your right is a way up to the look out towers and a door into the city. You notice Sam has a sword.
You run over to Sam to pull him into the building. You feel something...bite you on your way over. It hurts, but Sam is clearly more important at this moment. You prop him up and grab his shoulders. You tug. OUCH. He's too heavy! Or.. no. That SWORD is way too heavy, you pick it up with both your arms and throw it towards the city exit. Much better! You grab Sam and haul him towards the exit. The Gourd troops are too in a frenzy to realize they're trampling you as you go in the door. You manage to crawl towards the infirmary while dragging Sam there somehow. It's packed with plenty of Gourd soldiers. There also a fair amount civillians here because of overcrowding in the hospitals as well you'd assume. Which means the whole town was targeted... Emily! Your daughter is in trouble! You run out of the room not thinking and feel another bite in the butt. What the...? You collapse and faint. A nurse in a tie-dye style nurse suit smiles victoriously at her catch behind you. She blows on the end of the tranquilizer gun to be comedic and hauls you onto the bed. There are IVs and needles filled with some serum on the table beside you, as well as straps to keep you on. She's looming over you about to strap you to the bed. She set the gun just barely within your reach...
She smiles at how content you look asleep. Little does she know that you're not quite sleeping yet...

(I need to get to Emily!!!)
You wait for her to turn around to tend to getting your feet up and grab her gun. You give her a swift kick to the face and pistol whip that bitch. She appears to be out cold on the floor - her cocky smile gone. Good. You grab your self a bottle from her pocket because you can't think of any other way to repay her for inevitably making you fall asleep, though for now you're fine. You go to walk out and again you're stopped. This time by Sam.
"You saved my life. I-I-uraha" He snatches the bottle from you and drinks it. It magically heals his wounds and he starts talking. This time normally.
"Hey, what are you waiting for? Little Emily could be hurt, bro!"
"I'm going as fast as I possibly can," you say exhausted.
"Well, I'll have to help you go faster, huh?" He begins to proceed to the door.
You're not sure if you want Sam's help, he may slow you down. You make your decision.

"FUCK YOU SAM I RIDE ALONE," you say. Not sure where it came from. You're tempted to say something about him taking half your potion, but hold back. Sam looks dumbfounded as to why a pipsqueak who he could snap like a toothpick would ever deny his help.
" Bub, what did you just - ?" He's interrupted by the angry rainbow nurse draggin him back to his bed. She comes to take you back too but realization dawns on her face.
"Little Emily!" she cries! She runs off dragging you along with her through the hallway. You put your arms out trying to stop her and instead grab a handful of items. You grab a salty piece of bread, some water, a rope, a small knife and a backpack on your way out. Apparently she didn't notice you trying to claw your way out of her grip. She drags you out to the field that is still in disarray but has calmed down a bit. Good to see the troops weren't too in a frenzy to do something about the shootings. She stops here and rips the gun out of your hand while giving you a displeased look. She runs up to the lookout tower quickly and finishes off the remaining two shooters. She turns around to walk back down and one shooter appears to not be dispatched yet. You go to call out to her but you're a little late. You watch in awe as she flips the terrorist over her back and throws him off the lookout tower. Yup, that looks like it did it. The rainbow nurse then proceeds to...jump down all the way from where she was and lands on her feet miraculously enough.
"Come on Numbnuts!" she beckons you into town. You follow obediently.
You are amazed at the damage that was done and see where all the soldiers really were - fighting out in the street. To no avail at that. The rainbow nurse proceeds to go down the street. You see a Tailor shop, Weapon shop and a big fat dragon that ate half the town. Though, you may not want mess with...all of that just yet. Sam comes running out as well. You proceed to promptly kick him back in.
"I said I don't need your help!" you yell. You take note of the boards in front of the tailor shop. And look at your dagger.
You decide to throw caution to the wind and jab at the dragon tail. The dragon doesn't seem to mind, guess it's into acupuncture. Still not one of your best ideas though as you plunge your dagger deeper. You lose it. But a scale pops off which you have to accompany you on your trip. What trip you say? Oh, you're only flying at full speed towards the Tailor shop. The dragon had swung its tail to sweep you away much like a horse to flies. The tail takes out the butcher shop that you weren't aware was there and, as you already are aware, sends you flying towards the Tailor shop. You are behind the wooden planks that lay on the ground and fear you'll fall into a pit or something if you step on it.
Huh. What's fear anyway? You decide to ignore your wimpy side and jump right up onto the planks. You confidently stroll forward, stomping every step - daring the boards to collapse. You safely cross to the other side, with all your limbs.
The weapon shop is right next door to the Tailor's shop and you arrive quickly. There doesn't appear to be a door to knock on so you just walk in.
In the middle of the room is a Music Box playing a very beautiful melody. To the right are the melee weapon stands. To the left there are the guns. They're both locked with special, ornate locks that match the music box. Upon closer examination, you see the music box has a large opening that looks like an object should be put in. You realize there are lyrics to the melody, though you can't hear them correctly. You believe it was describing a object. Dull colors...circles...something like that. You figure it's talking about your Dragon Scale and pop it in. Looks like you were right. The scale's surface lights up and displays text. It is asking for a number. You're not sure what number it could want so you enter 69. Much to your surprise it works! The music box opens and displays its contents. Two keys. You can only take one however, as the box has an odd mechanism that disposes of the key you don't pick.

You take the right one because if right equals right which is correct, then left must equal wrong which is incorrect. Or something like that. Anyway, as you pick up the key you watch the other key sink into the music box untl it's out of your sight. You then hear a clink noise suggesting that the other key fell under the box. You check under the table and see that there's a small hole in the ground. It leads to the sewers if your nose is serving you correctly. Huh, you could swear there were no manholes in Helix. Whatever. You go to the right stand and unlock it with your key. You lift up the ( very heavy ) cover and stare in awe at your spoils.
1 LEGEND Dagger (3 Panels each)
1 Axe (3 panels each)
5 Small Daggers (1 panel each)
2 Battle Wrenches (2 panels each)
1 Standard Gourd Army Sword (1 panel each)
Huh? What's this? There's also a bazooka? Someone must of misplaced this.
Bazooka (10 Panels) More bazookas for you, though!
You pick up your newly found bazooka and decide there's nothing left to do in here. Besides, the singing from the music box was starting to get... weird. You walk out the door while trying to shove your bazooka in your backpack, as a result you get the bazooka in but a bunch of stuff fell out and is now laying on the floor. You forget to care however as you see Sam's figure fall into the newly created hole in front of the Tailor's shop. Huh. Guess your instinct was right after all. It's his fault for being fat you suppose. You have a hunch that if you wanted to get into the sewers, that is how you'd do it. Regardless, the second you look up you get a mischievious grin on your face and take your bazooka out. The dragon won't know what hit him. Haha! You quickly run over to the dragon's tail. On the way you notice that some of the terrorists are running away like little bitches. Guess the sight of a guy in sweaty gourd armor with a bazooka over his shoulder freaks them out. Can't say you blame them really. You shoot right into the opening in the Dragon's tail that you opened up earlier.
****BOOM***

You DESTROY that dragon's tail and the dragon howls in pain, and swipes you up with its claws. It starts at you with its mouth wide open and you take another shot at its mouth. You watch as it swallows the "gift" and visibly becomes melancholy at the fact that his life is almost over.
"I-it was just retaliation...," the oaf cries. "I never even did anything with my life, I just ate things and breathed fire! I don't even have a NAME." he continues to cry and the only way you can think to cheer him up is to allow him to help you fight off the terrorists.
Hm... you think hard as to how to cheer up the dragon and decide on your original idea; you've thought up a name and everything.
"Hey, don't cry boy, I'll make it better. I'll let you help me save Helix. I've even thought up name for you; your name is Cloud."
The dragon thinks hard as to whether or not he wants to do something with his life and makes a decision.
"...Okay. Climb on up!" He motions to his back. You obediently mount the giant serpent deciding to make your seat a giant upturned scale. The second you sit down you feel your stomach practically jump out of you as Cloud quickly ascends.
"Where to, Jon?" the slightly less melancholy Cloud asks you.
"Right there! That lady in the rainbow nurse outfit! Her name is Sephiroth."
"Sephiroth?! I don't know why, but I REALLY dislike that name," the dragon snarls.
He swoops down to Sephiroth quickly with a diving action - he looks as if he'll ram himself right into her, but instead pulls up and lands elegantly in front of your house.
"Well, it's about t-t-t-t-TIME!!!" Sephiroth yelps, "Is that that dragon from earlier?" You look as cool as possible and lean up against your burning house.
"Why yes, yes it is."
"Whatever, look at your house, we have to save Emily!" she exclaims.
You look up in awe and gaze at your house. Realizing your daughter is in there, you run in with out thinking, knocking Sephiroth down as you enter.
"H-hey!" You slam the door shut out of habit and realize that you just trapped your self inside. Oh well, you can just have Cloud swipe at the building once you find Emily. To your right is the Kitchen, its entrance engulfed in flames. To your left is the Living room and directly in front of you are the stairs. The only notable rooms on the second floor are Emily and yours's rooms and the bathroom which Emily likes to hog. There is also an attic that you have to go into the basement to get to. The basement is leading off from the kitchen.
You quickly go to go to go up the stairs, there are more rooms there then down here. Surely she's upstairs in her - oooooooh -- you notice your staircase is shiny despite being burnt and marvel at its beautiful...burntness. ...Why are you looking at stairs? You rush up the stairs and decide to check the bathroom first, nope not in there. Well, she is in essence. There's her hair dryer, her facial cream, her...uh, you don't know what that is. Oh well. You look in your room. Why would she even be in there? The only thing that IS in there is a very "RIGHT" chest.
"Daddy!" you hear.
It's coming from Emily's room. You approach the doorway and a wall of fire beams up in front of you, blocking the way into her room.
"Daddy...Help me!" You need to find a way to put out the fire in the doorway. Even if you do get water, you'll need more space to carry it. Better hurry, the house is falling apart, and you better hope Cloud doesn't become impatient.
You're not letting anything happen to your little girl. You jump up and land on the fire. And you start rolling. And it buuuuuurns. At the very least you smother the fire. It probably would've been better to have gotten some water, but that wouldn't have been edgy enough for you. You enter the room and realize the fire has burnt the support beams and weakened them enough to snap.You watch in horror as the half of the room Emily is on cracks off from the house and starts falling... Her golden hair covers her face a little and she looks happy to see you there with her. She's unaware of her fate. You go to jump and realize this might...kill you. You don't want to die.
But, you can't just watch! You get a running start and leap to Emily. You easily clear the still growing gap. Emily, just now realizing that she's in danger, hurries to you - but stumbles back. She begins to fall backwards but snatch her up and wrap around her to protect her. At this moment, the room gives and you're both sent flying...falling...falling... it's almost imminent that you will both die here, as you can see you are heading for a firey pit - you take comfort in dieing with your daughter in hand. But no! You have to save her. You. H..ave...to. You decide this a little too late though as the fire from flopping on the floor earlier has finally creeped up on you and now you're burning to death. You die peacefully.
Goodbye...
*Commence Emily Perspective*
You watch in horror as the last of your kin burns to death while still holidng onto you.
"Daaaaad!"
You notice his armor isn't burning though... Is it flame-proof? You wrench your self of his grip and and tear off his armor. It saves you as you fall into the fire pit.
As disgusting as it may sound, you stand on your dad's corpse for safety and look around. You're in a burning pit. Well, OBVIOUSLY. But, it appears to be your basement. It's very small and anything useable has been burnt to ash. As you look up, you realize you are very close to the exit into the kitchen, but the stairs ar ebroken midway and are directly above you. You take your father's things - maybe one of his things could help you reach the staircase?
Since your father just died, and you're technically an orphan, it's only natural to feel angry. However, only an angry badass prodigy orphan would even think to attempt something as epic as what you come up with. Sure, a rope is conventional, but you wanna blow shit up. You take out the Flame Scar Bazooka, jump, and shoot at the ground to propel yourself up to the stairs. Er, your ground just so happens to be your dead father, soooo oops. He probably would've been fried anyway. You easily reach the stairs and elegantly land on both feet. You walk into the kitchen and take a nice look around. There's a sink and a few cups, a couple cupboards which are flaming. Ooh! What's this? You found a green "RIGHT" chest! The way out of the kitchen is blocked by a wall of fire. Best not to try any rolling like your father.
You walk over to the sink, pick up the cup, and pour some water. You realize that you're quite parched and drink the entire glass in one gulp, bringing to your mind memories of walking on the seashore with dad. You can't possibly imagine how you'll get on by yourself. ANYWAY, enough monologue -- you've gotta get out of here alive first! The house rumbles. Poof! An icy piece of...magic strikes down the nearest fire. Did you do that?
"Woah!"
You fall on the "RIGHT" chest and examine yourself. Your bum appears to be the most affected area. You rub it.
"Owie..."
Someone is getting impatient out there...
You take out your Right Key and use it to unlock the right chest. Inside is your one of a kind, super extra special Elementalist Backpack. You had gotten it for christmas, but when you tried to store it in your Deluxe Lockomatic you realized you didn't have a key. The right key to be specific - not that you had the left key either. You wonder what dad was doing with it. Oh well, better to ponder that later. You keep in mind you can put thing like glasses of water in the side pockets and you wouldn't lose any of it. The advertisemnet said it was engineered only for people who could use the elementals. There are about 3 glass cups.

You return to your cup festival and pour water in all of the cups. You drink them one by one. 1. 2. 3.
*Phwoooosh*
Wow, that's the first time you've been able to use magic on command! Like, ever. You fill up the cups again in excitement of being an all powerful elementalist. Er, rather, a novice untrained child orphan elementalist...person. Well, now that you've put your self down you proceed out the kitchen still clearly happy with the water spell and stroll over to the front door. You tug on the handle. Nothing. What? Why is the door stuck shut? Nooooo! You don't have a hope to get out.
"Stupid door..." you mumble as you fall to the ground. Clearly you've been in this heat for far too long and you can't stand. You look up through a flaming hole in the roof and see a single cloud. Mocking you.
(You'll never be free, Emily. Haha, just like your father.)
Social etiquette doesn't really matter anymore, so you don't really care if you look sane, or girly, or whatever or not as you yell:
"FUCK YOU, CLOUD!"
You, clearly too exhausted from cursing at the cloud, pass out.

...

You wake up in a dark room, in fact, you can't see anything. All of your stuff is at the foot of the bed you're on.
"Oh, great. I died, that's just..wonderful. Nothing like being a DEAD orphan, eh? Oh god, I'm talking to myself."
You get up from your bed and stuff your things into you backpack, taking note that none of your water is gone. You sling your backpack over your shoulders and proceed to investigate. There is a table with needles and a bag of IV on one of those rolling things. You only now realize that it's in your arm. You tug on it and realize it's the Gourd Military brand of IV tubes. Very sturdy. You figure you may as well wheel it around with you. You also find a key. It's made of a twig and you think it may just be for show. You pocket it anyway. You realize that there are many hospital type beds in here with alot of people sleeping, forever or otherwise, in almost all of them. You find the door after a lot of fumbling around and attempt to open it. Nope. It didn't work. You try your twig key, and it snaps off in the key hole. Great. You somehow manage to dig the twig out of the hole. Maybe you could ask someone how to get out? Or maybe...you look at your bazooka.
You don't really have a bucket of water on hand so you settle on the next best thing which is to throw all of your glasses of water at them to wake them up. You try to throw all three glasses at once to simulate that "bucket feel". This was a stupid idea as one glass flies from your hand and lands in the wounds of a crippled soldier. Whoops... Not that the water was much better as many of the people laying in the beds can't move and are now drenched in ice cold water. Wow, way to go you bad person.
"Uh, I need to find a way put of here please." you say quietly because of your embarassment.
"akmsdmll" you can't pinpoint where it came from.
"Um...what?"
"I said you have to wait!" the man in the bed said again.

You sigh in exasperation. They've been a lot of help - and by a lot you mean not at all. Though you feel bad bad about losing glass in the wounds of a likely soldier, you don't feel like sticking around to find out the reprocussions of that. Ugh, you feel like such a bad person. You take out your bazooka, aim, and shoot at the door. The blast knocks you backwards, sending you flying into a near wall.
"Owie..."
You're a bit shaken, but otherwise alright. Out of the dust you can make out the silhouette of a woman and a ferocious serpent. What's a dragon doing in town?! The dust settles and the rainbow nurse lady gives you a displeased loook. The dragon however looks as if it'll break out in a laughing fit. You appear to be in the Gourd army couryard, and you figure that you just blasted a hole in the wall from the infirmary.
The dragon, finally laughing, flies toward you and swats downward. Ah! He's trying to squish you! You roll out of the way and book it to the rainbow nurse. She looks displeased with you, but even more so with the dragon.
"What? I was just giving her a high five."
"She didn't know that you oaf. Now come here and apologize before I make you."
The dragon grumbles under his breath and walks back towards you, he sighs and apologizes.
"I'm Cloud by the way. And that SLAVE DRIVER over there is Sephiroth."
Sephiroth gives him a sharp look, but then shrugs it off as if it didn't matter if it was true anyway.
"Anyway, you need to get back in your bed little Emily. You're not fit for, well, anything. Besides, what are you going to do about all this?" the nurse remarks.
You wonder what exactly you were going to do, then remember something your father has whispered to you as he died. It was a name.
"Hmm...do you know somebody named Cash Mona-er something?" you query.
" Cash Monaerie? If I remember correctly, she was accused of being a major comspirator leader. She lives in New Luc City if I'm not mistaken?"
"Oh. Thanks." you say.
You don't care now. You'll end up going to an orphanage far away from the place you know if you do what Sephiroth says - that is if the terrorists don't end up taking over. You faintly remember you father always being against Cash whenever she would come on the television at home, you may as well be your father's daughter, eh?
You begin to walk back to the infirmary, but when you get close enough you bazooka whip Sephiroth and run up Cloud's tail just as he's beginning to take off.
"W-woah wha-?"
"Just keep flying!"
You hold on tight as Sephiroth shoots up at you, and Cloud lifts off - rather ungracefully in your opinion. He keeps flying as you told him to and you wave to Bishie McSephiroth Sephiroth. She's obviously going to pursue you, but for now you have the upperhand.
"Okay, can you please fly to the East, Mr. Dragon?"
"My name is Cloud!" he roars.
"Oh, sorry, I forgot. Can you Cloud? Pwease?" you put on a puppy dog pout face despite the fact that Cloud clearly can't see you on his back.
"Why?"
You smile mischieviously.
"Revenge."
"I could dig that. Next stop New Luc City!"

It takes you and Cloud a total of an hour to get to the city. Wow, it's so pretty! New Luc is also known as the water city, but you've only ever been here this one time in your entire life. The streets are paved with a gray cobblestone and are lined with little mini-canals. You notie that there are very few steps anywhere, and wonder why.
"HEY! I'M TALKIN' TO YOU! WELCOME TO LUC CITY!!! TAKE THIS BRACELET TO ACTIVATE THE SPOUT PANELS. KAY? KAY, BYE."
The very plump man who welcomed you rushes you along while simultaneously clipping on your new bracelet
"What? What do you mean there are no more men's bracelets?" a handsome man with short hair asks.
"I MEAN WHAT I SAID SIR. THAT YOUNG WOMAN OVER THERE JUST TOOK THE LAST ONE BY MISTAKE. YOU'LL HAVE TO USE A WOMAN'S ANKLET. KAY? KAY, BYE."
You are a little flusted by the man insinuating that YOU made the mistake but decide not to worry about it considering the handsome man looks too rushed to care. You turn around and end up getting knocked over by the same guy.
"You jerk!"
You stand up and dust yourself off as he turns around and jogs back to you.
"Oh! Sorry, I just really have to get to the Luc Monaerie!"
M-monaerie?
"What's that?"
"It's a sporting event." he responds then leads into "and I'm Adam by the way."
"Why is it called the Monaerie?"
"Gee, you sure ask a lot of questions. How about I just take you there and we can find out together, eh? Maybe I can answer some of your questions on the way?"
This is clearly a golden oppurtunity to find Monaerie. You wonder if Cloud would be a problem though.

You nod to Adam.
"I'd love to go with you! But, I need to do a little something reeeeal quick."
Adam gives you confused look, but then looks at his watch and figures it should be fine if it doesn't take to long. He indicates this with "Go ahead" gesture with his hand. You gaze angrily at the "welcoming" man and run towards him as fast as you can while simultaneously taking out your bazooka.
"Hey, jerk!"
He turns around and looks very VERY scared as you tackle him to the ground, stand over him, point your bazooka right in his face, (so close that it's in his mouth in fact) and say in a very dangerous voice:
" HOW MANY BRACELETS DO YOU HAVE NOW?"
This results in the man throwing the box at you hard enough to knock you away and allow him to get up and run out the city gate. You briefly entertain the idea of feeling bad, but then realize that there were plenty of bracelets in the box for Adam to have. What a douche. You look back at Adam, half expecting there to be horror in his face; you are pleasantly surprised to see him holding up a sign with the number 10 scrawled on it.
"Here you go! Now let's go to the Monaerie thing."
He deftly catches the box of anklets and bracelets. Of course, you replaced your man bracelet with a fashionable woman's anklet before tossing it.
"Alright, follow me."
Adam sticks the "10" sign back in the ground and leads you through the city. You both wander through the maze-like streets of the city being jostled every once in a while when someone bumps into you on the street. For some reason you get a very negative feel from the entire city and resolute to get out of it as soon as possible. You both come upon a circular engraving on the ground that is very large.
"Okay, step on and put out the foot with your anklet on." Adam directs.
Adam does the same as you except he puts out the hand with his bracelet on it. Your accessories both begin to glow and you feel a small tremor beneath your feet.
"Ahhhhh! What's happening?"
Adam looks a bit worried but assures you that you're probably fine. You're not exactly convinced. Suddenly, you are both launched high into the air, soaring far above the clouds. Or at least you imagine it that way as you cling to Adam's leg. He looks at you awkwardly and just detaches you while saying:
"Uh, we're here."
You stand up and look at the massive colliseum type building. It's smooth and shiny though as if newly built and has the same water motif going on as the rest of the city.
"It's a sport?!"
"Yeah, Monaerie named the sport and it's center after himself. It's an obstacle course whilst fighting monsters. Though the monsters were never part of the events until this year! Doesn't it sound fun? Hey, you've got that bazooka of yours -- let's team up and win the tournament. Of course, by the end, we'll end up fighting each other, but hey, it's not like it's to the death or anything. Keep in mind pets can't accompany you into the tournament."
You ponder this. You find it increasingly difficult to ponder however as you realize you're thirsty. And with all this water it would be a shame for none of it to ever experience the sensation of rolling down your throat. You tell Adam to hold on a second as you get some water, drinking some and filling up both your cups. Adam had a jug as well that needed filling up anyway so it was all cool by him to get some water before you made a decision. He fills up his jug though probably only because you were getting water too.
"Well, have you decided?"
You think you have.
"All right! I'm in."
"Really? That's great! Come on, we've wasted enough time - let's sign you up."
You both walk into the building. Once you step inside the wave of awe that you thought you had gotten over before washes over you again. It's so beautiful! The walls and just about everything else are shiny marble. The room also has a giant waterfall in the middle of it. The tiny rivers made from the falls have bridges over them. Unfortunately that is all below you whereas you are on the platforms above. You think it may be just for show. Adam walks you to the reception desk where a woman with a creepy smile sits.
"Um, hi Matilda. This is Emily. We'd like to sign her up for the Luc Monaerie."
"Oh? you would would you?" she somehow widens her smile. You can tell she's had platsic surgery many a times.
"Well, I'm afraid it would be IMPOSSIBLE! Yup. Poof, no spots. It's too bad cause we had like a million gazillion before. I suppose you'll have to LOOK ELSEWHERE. MANWHORE!!!"
You aren't too sure of what's happening as Adam sighs in exasperation.
"She's not my girlfriend Matilda. And I already told you I never cheated on you, you psycho bitch. Now make with the writey-writing, m'kay?"
Huh. So that's what's wrong here. Matilda tightens her smile even more. You feel a little threatened as she looks at you looking oh so happy but never moving her lips as she says
"Oh, of cooooourse. Sweeetie. I'd love to sign you up, just stick your foot in this box right here."
You comply and when you take your foot out your anklet is glowing pinkish.
"All signed up. You go on and have a wooooonderful day. Sweeetie."
She visibly presses her teeth together hard enough to chip her front two teeth. You're quite freaked out so you jump when Adam leads you towards the Athlete changing rooms.
"We'll be in in 20 minutes, Emily. You can look around if you want in that time. First let's get changed into our suits."
You nod in agreement and cringe when you hear Matilda's voice one last time.
"Oh, and if you call Matilda again Adam-poo, I'll give you a vasectomy with that red pen right there."
She nods at the red pen on her desk. You're sure she is probably bluffing.
Adam doesn't look so sure.

You both suit up. You were ecstatic when you realized they had Gourd Armor as an option and you made Adam dress like you so you guys could be twinsies.

You realize you have some time to look around before the actual tournament starts. And you think Matilda has a RIGHT chest behind her desk. There may also be goodies in Adam's changing room. Yours was painfully dull so maybe a trained athlete's room like Adam would have more in it.
It takes a while to convince Adam but due to the fact you're his ace in the hole of sorts he agrees eventually. You watch as Adam confidently strolls up to Matilda's desk and puts on his best douche bag smile. Matilda smiles wider as if it were a contest. Adam bends down to Matilda's ear and whispers one word. You know exactly what he said; you can see AMtilda slowly reach for the red pen... Adam then bolts to his room followed in tow by a not-so-happy-anymore Matilda armed with a red pen of death. You visibly relax as you see Adam beat Matilda to the door. You then visibly tense up again as you notice Matilda literally begin to gnaw through Adam's door. You quickly hurry to the right chest and open it up. Ooooh! It's a red pen of death. The label advertises it as good at performing vasectomies, a good elementalist item, and just plain good at "stabby stabbing" past boyfriends. This is weird but you take it anyway. You realize that Matilda is walking towards her desk again. She...doesn't appear to have her pen anymore. She also looks very happy again. You don't think she saw you take the pen but you run to Adam's room just in case. There's a large hole in the door, which kinda is making you a little hesitant to step inside. Inside is Adam who looks failry fine. In fact he looks a bit happy.
"Are you okay? Did she hurt you?" Emily asks
Adam coolly replies "Oh no, I'm fine. It only took me saying sorry to make her go away. Can you believe that?"
You actually don't. In fact, you higly doubt it. The red pen is nowhere to be seen and despite him saying he's fine you feel like he's a lost a sense of...manliness to him.
"Anyway, we need to come up with a game plan for this round. There will be exactly 3 if we do well."
"What if we do poorly?"
"Well, the monsters will be happy at least."
This makes you want to reconsider, but you feel like you'd be shaming your family if you quit. You suddenly come up with the best idea.

...

You take a deep breath in and hold it. You let it out slowly. Then, you walk through the door and the dark, cylinder shaped dirt tunnel. As you briskly walk, you jump when you hear two voices that belong to, presumably, two middle-aged men.
"Oh, yeah Steve! It's going to be a hot one tonight at the Luc Monaerie!"
You realize that they're the announcers of the Monaerie. This makes you visibly facepalm. You think you can see the light at the end of the tunnel now...
"Oh, look Bob! Adam "Spaghetti" Bondile and his new partner Emily "The Enforcer" Adieu are stepping into the platforms now!"
"What ever happened to his last partner Steve?"
"Oh? Heeeer? Well, she was killed in a horrible accident in this very ring! I hope this young lady here was aware"
Of course, they can tell you weren't aware as you falter in your progress outside. Only for a second of course. It's too late to back out now. Spaghetti comes up behind you running quickly. Just as you realize that you are starting on an elevated platform, Spaghetti flips over you while simultaneously grabbing you and flinging you, with him, over the edge into the waterfall's waters.
"Ooh! Looks like little Enforcer wasn't expecting that one, Bob!"
Apparently you were also directly over the waterfall. You do admit that you enjoy the adrenaline rush as you ride down the falls, though as it overlooks the point at which the opposing couple are entering, you decide to stir up a little trouble.
Depite previous momentum gained from falling down the waterfall you start floating in place unmovable. This throws Adam off of course as he rams into you and then bounces off back into the waterfall, presumably, with a very injured groin and pride. Your eyes glow a slight shade of red and you evaporate a red pen while simultaneously swinging your arm in a downward arc to direct the Flare. You watch in awe as the carnage that is flare obliterates one of your enemies. A woman if you saw correctly. Not a woman anymore.
"Oooooh! Steve, did you see that? I think our own Spaghetti picked a real good gal pal this time."
"Yeaaaaah. ~<3"
You feel sad though as the rush of magic stops flowing through you and you finally fall down into the water at the bottom of the falls. Er, where the falls USED to be. Flare apparently evaporated the falls as well. As you take this amazing feat in, the male counterpart of the woman jumps you. You turn around just in time to see....Spaghetti! Spaghetti easily overpowers the other man, clearly more powerful than him and forces the poor guy into the slightly more wooded area of the platform.
"Sure is nice to see the raw power that Spaghetti posesses, Bob! And just look at those abs!"
"Uh...Steve?"
"Yes?"
"Nothing. Forget about it. Oh? What's this? The Enforcer is taking her move! Loving this young adventurer already, Steve!"
You dash in after the two men and ready your rolly I.V. thing. Inside the shrubbish you find that Spaghetti winding up, his claw in hand, to slash the man. You quickly cast Bio and it poisons the poor man while he is cut asunder at the same time. Spaghetti lets go and the man's Spurt Bracelet suddenly expands to the point of covering the man and poofs away.
"Alright! Emily and Adam have finished off their rivals quickly this round, being lucky enough to have a vantage point above their opponents in the begininng! Now they just have to get to the goal which has appeared at the top of the, uh, not falls."
You look at Spaghetti. He looks back at you. It becomes abundantly clear that it's a race to the finish - just for fun of course! Spaghetti takes off, zooming away with his muscular legs pumping. Ha! He's going the long way on the grating all the way to the top. You simply mosey on over to the front of the giant cliff where the waterfall was, jump, and shoot your bazooka at just the right time that sends you flying all the way to the top where you land safely and, of course, elegantly.
"Woaah! Steve, I've never seen anything like this ever before! These two have completed the course while breaking the previous record of fastest completion!"
"Truly is amazing, Bob! I loved the beautiful bazooka jump by the way, Enforcer! You're so much better than that dumb old Spaghetti!"
"Don't go forgetting who the trained athlete is, Steve!"
Spaghetti comes running up the grating platform huffing and puffing. He then subsequently touches his bracelet to your anklet in the goal spot to send you guys back to your changing rooms via teleportation.

You need to prepare for the next round now! It'll start any minute!

"We're fine exactly as we are." you state confidently. Adam, commending your courage, gives you an intimidating badge just in case things get bad. This time you two walk through the dark cylinder-ish tunnel together clearly ready to kick butt.
"Ah, here come our favorite duo again Steve; Spaghetti and The Enforcer!"
Your breath is taken away as the crowd in the stands cheer for you. They love you! Apparently, as Adam describes it to you, elementalists are rare in New Luc and no one has ever entered the contest and been able to wield the elements. Your face is absolutely beaming as you step into the light, followed by Spaghetti who keeps tugging on your sleeve. "Not now Adam!"
And then you are sweep kicked and land on your face. The crowd that was cheering for you is now laughing at you.
"Who-?"
Your voice catches in your throat as you stare mouth hanging open at the figures before you. There stands Sephiroth and her assistant Sam.
"Oooooh! Looks like the Elementalist Pulverizer Sephiroth and her partner The Large Bendaho are showing no mercy, Bob!"
You quickly jump up and attempt to backflip kick EPS. She deftly catches you in midair by the foot and sends you flying into the wall. You end up in the arms of Adam who is out cold having suffered the same thing you did while you weren't paying attention to him. You look around and realize you are in an area that looks like a flaming house.
"Do you know how much trouble you caused little girl? I'll tell you how much. I lost my job because of you and I am here to get revenge. Get ready girly-pie because I'm about to show you just how I feel." you don't like the sounds of it but are to injured to do anything about it. You use your intimidating badge as you panic and almost pass out. But not before you feel the warmth. You keep your eyes closed as she approaches. Right as Sephiroth reaches down to pick you up you unleash flare yet again. You can see in her eyes that she has never been so surprised in her life as you send her flying out of the stadium. The crowd goes wild at this.
"Well. I'd have to thank you for taking care of that awful lady Emily." Sam starts and grins evilly "But she's the least of your worries. Let me introduce myself. I am Monaerie. Yes, the same that you are pitifully pursueing for revenge. But you'll never even come close to touching me girl." You begin to stand up, but are thrown against the wall again as Sam slams you against the wall telepathically. "See...I burned down your home to find you. Yes, you are the sole reason your father died. The idiot, he played right into my hands. I was to adopt you legally then..." he does a slicing motion to his throat " I woud kill you and figure out just what made you so magical." He frowns as Spaghetti gets up and realizes what's happening. "W-what?" And then he joins you on the wall. You make an annoyed look at Adam who looks back apologetically.
"I suppose...I could just kill you here."
You start to feel an invisible force grip your throat...
You kick at Sephiroth, she clearly doesn't feel good after a face-full of Flare, but she stand up regardless and points the tranquilizer at Monaerie.
"Back off, Sam."
"Oh, you're awake, my beautiful Sephy."
"Cut the crap. I won't allow you near her. She's mine."
You quickly contemplate who you'd rather be ripped to pieces by and decide you could at least fend off Sephiroth. Maybe.
"Ah, do you not like me as a handsome billionare? Is that it?"
He makes a mock sad face. Then lets out a deep, hate filled laugh.
"I well- S-stop messing with me! You were faking..."
She looks down a moment which is all the time Monaerie needs to pin her to the wall right along with you.
"Good job."
You slap her on the shoulder as you say it and get an angry kick in retaliation.
"Shut it."
You can take a hint; she clearly wants to be part of your party!

You feel Monaerie's deathly invisible grip tighten. Tighter. Tighter. You can't hear or see. You can't feel or think. Your mind goes blank and your body limps. However, your body surges with a warmth you can't feel. Your body and the magic that is within quells in protest, not allowing such a fate to befall you. You are watching now, as if detached from you body as it launches an extremely powerful surprise Flare at Monaerie, burning his face and hands badly. The next Flare however, is not launched so smoothly, as he deflects it onto to Adam. Had your protective Healing Wind not have taken the hit, he would've died for sure. It also frees both him and Sephiroth. You launch another spell, this time Deluge, which hits Monaerie square in the chest, knocking off balance and tripping him. By this point, your power wavering, the only reason your friends believe you to be still alive is the constant stream of spells pulverizing Monaerie. While he is down, Sephiroth takes the oppurtunity to heavily sedate him. Monaerie, paralyzed from his neck down, yields to your barrage, yet you show no mercy. The closest you even show to being human is when you speak few words, your head lulled on your shoulder:
"We will not allow you to poison our planet, our consciousnesssssssss..."
Your magic ignorant as to how to stop making the "s" sound, ignores itself and goes in for the kill. But it can't. There is no more magic left in you and your mortal coil is unwound. You no longer belong here. You begin to fade...
Goodbye...
*Initiate Adam Perspective*
You stare in horror as your dear friend fades away.
"Emily?1 Emilyyyyy!!!" you shriek loudly.
A look of disgust and bitter hatred washes over your face and you point at Monaerie in disgust and disbelief.
"Y-you!"
"Me," Monaerie mockingly scoffs, then coughs, clearly close to expiration.
"You deserved to die horribly. Sephiroth was it?"
"Yes?"
"Hurt him."
Sephiroth nods, clearly as upset about your friend's passing as you are. She looks up to the hole burned through the fake roof, puts two fingers in front of her teeth, and whistles. Suddenly, the ground shakes as a large black dragon storms down from the heavens, its target clear. It doesn't stop or waver, it flies driectly into Monaerie, exploding upon impact. You're not sure why, but don't count your blessings.

The crowd around you goes wild, applauding and whistling like crazy as you reluctantly put your hands up in victory, Sephiroth doing the same. You feel very...bitter towards your fans and adorers and desire to be alone. But you don't leave until you get your prize for winning the tournament. Monaerie had set aside money in the bank specifically for the winners. You beat Sephiroth easilt and win the 2 Million dollars, though you both walk out hand-in-hand, both knowing exactly what to do next.

Two years later, the Bondile news reports a popular orphanage started up 2 years prior by 2 mysterious individuals. In the front yard, under a statue of an attractive young girl, are the names of the orphanage and its motto lovingly engraved into the smooth marble:

"Emily Adieu Orphanage; Say Adieu to Your Past, and Bonjour to Your New Present - the Future"


Beginning of Story:
He lunges at you again. You know he's coming this time and you know it's going to HURT. You hold your breath and close your eyes. You're ready.
*BAM*
W-was that a...gun? Are you shot? Are you dead? Where's Emily? Why'd it have to be you? Your head is a mess with questions. You swallow hard and think. You start listing the basics of yourself to make sure you're alive. You think you saw it in a movie once. Anyway...
Name? Jon. Jon Adeui. Age? 23. Do you have any family? One kid, the mother skipped out on you long ago. Current situation? You...think you just got shot. During endurance training you were paired up with Sam "The Cheetah" Daranio. He's known for being a little merciless during training, but guns? Never. You decide to open your eyes. Slowly... You look around and see Sam on the ground holding himself. Well, you know where the gunshot went...but question is: Where did it come from and are YOU in danger? You scope your surroundings. You're in a wide area enclosed in walls. There are bunch of other "Gourds" running around being gunned down from the lookout towers on the walls. On the wall to your left is a door leading to into the building. On the wall to your right is a way up to the look out towers and a door into the city. You notice Sam has a sword.

Options:
>Run into the building
>Run into the city
>Drag Sam into the building
> Other (Do whatever you want!)
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
2599
Drag sam into the building!!!
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
1584
> Drag Sam into the building.

Ninja'd
Results incoming. I have to eat first however.
And so it shall be!

Option:

> Drag Sam into the building!


Result:

You run over to Sam to pull him into the building. You feel something...bite you on your way over. It hurts, but Sam is clearly more important at this moment. You prop him up and grab his shoulders. You tug. OUCH. He's too heavy! Or.. no. That SWORD is way too heavy, you pick it up with both your arms and throw it towards the city exit. Much better! You grab Sam and haul him towards the exit. The Gourd troops are too in a frenzy to realize they're trampling you as you go in the door. You manage to crawl towards the infirmary while dragging Sam there somehow. It's packed with plenty of Gourd soldiers. There also a fair amount civillians here because of overcrowding in the hospitals as well you'd assume. Which means the whole town was targeted... Emily! Your daughter is in trouble! You run out of the room not thinking and feel another bite in the butt. What the...? You collapse and faint. A nurse in a tie-dye style nurse suit smiles victoriously at her catch behind you. She blows on the end of the tranquilizer gun to be comedic and hauls you onto the bed. There are IVs and needles filled with some serum on the table beside you, as well as straps to keep you on. She's looming over you about to strap you to the bed. She set the gun just barely within your reach...
She smiles at how content you look asleep. Little does she know that you're not quite sleeping yet...

Options:
> Grab a needle and stab her
>Grab the tranquilizer gun and pistol whip her
> Just get up and run!
> Let her do her thing, maybe you'll be up quickly.
> Other (Do whatever you want!)
> Grab tranquilizer gun and pistol whip dat bitch
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
1142
no liberty

stop being immoral
Option:

> Grab tranquilizer gun and pistol whip dat bitch

Result:
(I need to get to Emily!!!)
You wait for her to turn around to tend to getting your feet up and grab her gun. You give her a swift kick to the face and pistol whip that bitch. She appears to be out cold on the floor - her cocky smile gone. Good. You grab your self a bottle from her pocket because you can't think of any other way to repay her for inevitably making you fall asleep, though for now you're fine. You go to walk out and again you're stopped. This time by Sam.
"You saved my life. I-I-uraha" He snatches the bottle from you and drinks it. It magically heals his wounds and he starts talking. This time normally.
"Hey, what are you waiting for? Little Emily could be hurt, bro!"
"I'm going as fast as I possibly can," you say exhausted.
"Well, I'll have to help you go faster, huh?" He begins to proceed to the door.
You're not sure if you want Sam's help, he may slow you down.

Options:
> Go out the building to the city
> Explore the building
> Other (Do whatever you want!)

Whoever decides whether or not Sam joins the party, cannot decide the next action. Also, the next action will not commence until Sam has been either rejected or denied. Whoever decides whether or not Sam joins may also choose his nickname.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
1142
FUCK YOU SAM WE RIDE ALONE

ALSO YOU JUST TOOK THAT BOTTLE WITHOUT ASKING
> Explore the building and steal whatever looks useful - backpack/bag/food/drink/weaponry

Because I'm immoral~
Nobody got my Saw reference in the OP. I'm a sad mudpuppy now. Also, Liberty you are so immoral it hurts.

Option:

> Explore the building and steal whatever looks useful -backpack/bag/food/drink/weaponry


Result:
"FUCK YOU SAM I RIDE ALONE," you say. Not sure where it came from. You're tempted to say something about him taking half your potion, but hold back. Sam looks dumbfounded as to why a pipsqueak who he could snap like a toothpick would ever deny his help.
" Bub, what did you just - ?" He's interrupted by the angry rainbow nurse draggin him back to his bed. She comes to take you back too but realization dawns on her face.
"Little Emily!" she cries! She runs off dragging you along with her through the hallway. You put your arms out trying to stop her and instead grab a handful of items. You grab a salty piece of bread, some water, a rope, a small knife and a backpack on your way out. Apparently she didn't notice you trying to claw your way out of her grip. She drags you out to the field that is still in disarray but has calmed down a bit. Good to see the troops weren't too in a frenzy to do something about the shootings. She stops here and rips the gun out of your hand while giving you a displeased look. She runs up to the lookout tower quickly and finishes off the remaining two shooters. She turns around to walk back down and one shooter appears to not be dispatched yet. You go to call out to her but you're a little late. You watch in awe as she flips the terrorist over her back and throws him off the lookout tower. Yup, that looks like it did it. The rainbow nurse then proceeds to...jump down all the way from where she was and lands on her feet miraculously enough.
"Come on Numbnuts!" she beckons you into town. You follow obediently.
You are amazed at the damage that was done and see where all the soldiers really were - fighting out in the street. To no avail at that. The rainbow nurse proceeds to go down the street. You see a Tailor shop, Weapon shop and a big fat dragon that ate half the town. Though, you may not want mess with...all of that just yet. Sam comes running out as well. You proceed to promptly kick him back in.
"I said I don't need your help!" you yell. You take note of the boards in front of the tailor shop.

Options:
> Check out the Tailor's
> Check out the weapon shop
> Follow Rainbow Nurse
> Do whatever you want (other)

Whoever decides rainbow nurse's name may not choose the next action. She has not currently joined the party though she did run off with your gun.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
3945
>Other: Poke with the knife at the dragon's tail, while making sure to stay out of reach.

>:D
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
1142
Her name is. Sephiroth.
Option:
>Other: Poke with the knife at the dragon's tail, while making sure to stay out of reach.

Result:


You decide to throw caution to the wind and jab at the dragon tail. The dragon doesn't seem to mind, guess it's into acupuncture. Still not one of your best ideas though as you plunge your dagger deeper. You lose it. But a scale pops off which you have to accompany you on your trip. What trip you say? Oh, you're only flying at full speed towards the Tailor shop. The dragon had swung its tail to sweep you away much like a horse to flies. The tail takes out the butcher shop that you weren't aware was there and, as you already are aware, sends you flying towards the Tailor shop. You are behind the wooden planks that lay on the ground and fear you'll fall into a pit or something if you step on it.

Options:
> Try to find a way to get around the boards through the Tailor shop.
>Jump on the boards
>Other (Do whatchya want!)

Rainbow nurse still needs a name. Anybody who names her may not select the new action. (Nevermind, her name is now Sephiroth)
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
1142
I did it. I named her so good
That is the best name.
> Ignore and head to the Weapon shop. Need to replace our lost dagger.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
3945
Side Note, CAVE, when will you be sending out those role PMs for the dethy?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
1142
I'M DOING IT NOW YOU JERK
Pages: first 123456 next last