SET A GAMEDEV GOAL FOR TODAY.

Pages: first 12 next last
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Exactly as the topic says. Post that what you intend to get done on your game, if anything, during your current session of work. When you're ready to leave us for the day (or night or whatever), post here again stating whether or not you managed to meet the milestone you set.

Not that you're obligated to meet your goal if you post here. Shit happens, and things like work, family, sex, or any number of other distractions could take priority over your game time. No one's in any position to judge.

I'll start. I'm going to make my skill slots functional in the sense that the interface to equip and unequip skills functions properly. If I get that done, I'll probably bite the bullet and start filling in database tabs.

edit: spelling
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Can I do this for tomorrow or something? My day is nearly over.
edit:
Actually, this should be like a stickied topic or something so people can do this every day.
LouisCyphre
Yeah, that was part of the idea! The desire to not appear lazy to the public eye can be a powerful motivation tool!
It is currently ten minutes past midnight local time, so I'll set one for the day ahead.

- Complete the first draft of my history outline

Basically my "story up to game start". Swear to god I'm almost done with this thing.
LouisCyphre
Respectable pursuit!

I think this worked, at least for me.

author=LouisCyphre
I'll start. I'm going to make my skill slots functional in the sense that the interface to equip and unequip skills functions properly. If I get that done, I'll probably bite the bullet and start filling in database tabs.

I never did get to database tabs, but I did make the skill window fully featured except for Autoskills and Passives' costs. I also got most of the bestiary work on accident, as well as accidentally making elemental affinity Drain possible.

idk how that works but ok well I do know how that works since I made it but I'm not sure what prompted the thought or inspired me to do so
I'm not a gamedev, but a translator works likewise, I suppose :)

Anyway, this year has been rather slow for me in my translation of Seraphic Blue due to revamping and life. But I do hope to at least release my last incomplete version (slightly more than half of the game) before the final version. Aiming for end of year latest...

I'll start off with finishing Episode 22 (which I'm almost done), then moving on to Episode 23...
Finally decide in what oder to put the hidden treasures in the first dungeon of my game. Which should be the easiest to find for the player? The one that will help them traverse the dungeon? The one that will help them against the boss? Or just the always welcome healing item? I've been shuffling them around since yesterday and I still can't make up my mind... Do these things even matter? xP
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Isn't this just the same idea as the What are you working on, just more time specific? I'll be spriting tonight.. actually right now. Also looking for an inside of a well styled tileset.
I'm going to get a girlfr-- oh wait, that's not the correct issue to put here!

Completing the necessary areas for the demo ='D.
At least the main part of the ruins. Most of the tiles for that one are already done, so it has to be easy and done!!
I need to fix new bugs that appeared in my game because of a font fix. It's going to take a while since it's an hour worth of gameplay. Then I'd like to finish a new chapter at least. ;-;
Great thread idea.

I'm going to write some class descriptions for future use on my gamepage.
Right now I'm editing LP videos.
I want to upload most of them, and have a drawing done by the end of today.
My goal was to get off my lazy ass and update Blackmoon Prophecy. Since an update is uploading right now, I think I can safely say mission accomplished.
LouisCyphre
author=Tau
Isn't this just the same idea as the What are you working on, just more time specific? I'll be spriting tonight.. actually right now. Also looking for an inside of a well styled tileset.

Yeah, pretty much. It's supposed to help people get motivated and get something done.

Ever have those days where you just stare at the editor and forget to actually gam mak? This should help prevent those.

Anyway, I'm going to make Autoskills and Passives function today.

Scratch that, I need to get AI up and running. Right now all it does is collect data.
Milesotne for Really Augumented Virtual Reality today:

-Finish Lavender Town and start the Shadow Temple

Milestone for Super Mario Seasons tommorow:

-Finish the last Spring stage and then go to making more Summer stages(I need a lot more stages in Summer)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
My game-making milestones for tomorrow is to write out some more stories, and maybe mess with picture editing some more. The stories have a slightly higher priority, but we'll see how far I can get.
My goal for today is reach a point where I can start thinking about the next development-related thing on my to-do list.
author=pyrodoom
Milesotne for Really Augumented Virtual Reality today:

-Finish Lavender Town and start the Shadow Temple

I shouldn't of expected myself to finish the rest of Lavender Town in a day. I may have to replace my milestone for tommorow, so I can finish it. D:
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'm sort of curious how much gamedev other people are able to do in a day. My typical gamedev session is something like "Draw some different shapes of ropes in piles or hanging on walls, and then put them in a couple dozen places around this dungeon, to make it look more like a shipyard." When I can bring myself to use my existing tilesets, I usually can make an entire map, though.

I was gonna set a gamedev goal for this weekend, but then I bought a new Wii game instead... 2-day forecast shows a low chance of gam mak.
LouisCyphre
author=LouisCyphre
Scratch that, I need to get AI up and running. Right now all it does is collect data.

Okay, AI will be a multi-day thing. Nothing I didn't expect.
Pages: first 12 next last