MY GRANDFATHER DIED YESTERDAY

Pages: 1
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
So last night I found out my granddaddy died that morning. I'd been managing to keep it all at bay until just now- he was always "Grandaddy" to me and by writing that I guess I let it hit me a bit. I really don't wanna cry, but I will miss him.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Condolences, man. Hang in there.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
May he rest in peace.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Just last night, I started writing a story that had a partial theme of "You don't know what you have until it's taken from you." I didn't finish it, obviously, but the coincidence is quite jarring.

Anyway, it is always an unfortunate thing when a story comes to and end. The question remains, though, will this event shape your own story?
I offer my condolences, for what they are worth coming from a complete stranger, and a bit of advice: Take some time to let yourself break down. When my father passed away, I had to just put my head down and work through it, taking care of all the arrangements. I put off the inevitable breakdown for as long as I could, and when it came, it was probably a lot worse because of the exhaustion and stress I was under. I don't know that I felt any better after it, but it is an important part of the process and in the long term, it does help.

The other part of what I would say to you is that, in many ways, the people you love never completely disappear. A bit of them lives on in the people who remember them, any time you think of a story they told you, something they taught you, or just a nice memory they had a part in.

It does get better with time.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Them, from the other generation can be so precious, without us always realizing it, sometimes.
My condolences. My grandfather died earlier this year. It's a tough time.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Never fun.
Hang in there, burningdude.
Sorry about your grandfather, and bet he was better than mine to you. When my grandfather died, his last words might as well had been "Fuck You", because he's put my family in a bad position with a mortaging company.

You know what, that's my buisness. I'll shut up right now.

Edit:I give my condolences.
Take the one virtue of his that you most admire, and make it one of your own. You can do no greater honor in his memory.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
author=Dyhalto
Take the one virtue of his that you most admire, and make it one of your own. You can do no greater honor in his memory.
wat is dat supposd to meen

Anyway, my condolences.
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
author=Nightowl
author=Dyhalto
wat is dat supposd to meen

Anyway, my condolences.
He means,that perpetuating said virtue by emulating it is a way of honoring the dead.
And it's because part of him is in me that I'm not totally falling apart. Not everyone does, you know. However, it is already changing my own story- I decided to stay at my grandmother's through the shiva (mourning) period instead of gong home. I grabbed a few things from home so I could work on the road, however.
Nightowl
Dyhalto's comment just seemed awkwardly corny and like something out of an average RPG that has 4-hour long cutscenes about philosophy.
Milos
Lone Wolf, or something cool.
Hang in there, bro. :)

I don't know, I never met any of my grandfathers, they passed away before I was even born. I only have one grandma on my mother's side, and I love her greatly. I can only imagine what it's like to lose someone that's looked out for you your entire life.

May he rest in peace.
Nightowl
My grandpa was supposedly a cool guy but went HNNNNGH when I was 8.
Also, nice necropost.

Sorry for your loss. :(
Pages: 1