WHAT'S BUZZING, YO?

Pages: first 12 next last
You may notice that there is a section on the frontpage for admins to post some latest news tidbits. While I have my fingers on the throat of RMN (to check its pulse (some may say strangling)) I don't see everything, and I definitely monitor it less than I used to (pre-children). So I need your help!

If you find something newsworthy on RMN that I haven't reported upon, let me know! Perhaps there is a small forum contest going on, or someone posted a good blog, article or tutorial, or perhaps a contest hosted on another site that users here might be interested in, a kickerstarter page of interest to us, or maybe a game here has received greater notoriety elsewhere on the internets! (like a mention at RockPaperShotgun!) I really want to know about that kind of stuff so I can highlight it here.

Currently, the news is primarily used for spotlight and featured game changes, and the odd event announcement.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
I think that's a great initiative on your part, great initiative. Do we just PM you if we consider something worthy of interest or is there a button somewhere I missed?
PM, or post a link here.
unity
You're magical to me.
I was excited to see Red_Nova's review, "Heed my will: play this game!" for The Book of True Will go up on the What's Written section, as I really liked that game.

However, on the frontpage, it's misspelled as "Hed my will." Just wanted to point that out. Not sure if this was the right place to do so ^^;;
That would be my fault. Fixing~ >.<;
unity
You're magical to me.
No worries! You do a terrific job normally, and we all slip up here and there ^_^
Hed my wil, yu filty hethens!
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Aw, I thought it was kinda funny. Sorta like gam mak.

... Is this thread really three years old with no activity until now?
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Yeah I was wondering the same thing why did no one post in this thread for two to three years?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
The "Buzzing games" section kinda killed the need for this thread, I would presume.
unity
You're magical to me.
But this is specifically for buzzing news, right? It's the part on the right-hand side of the main page, starting with "The Penguins of MadaSTATScar."
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=kentona
Hed my wil, yu filty hethens!
I'm getting a strong Nu Supra Mairo Bors. vibe here...

But really, this thread should see more use. There are always tons of interesting discussions about game design and such going on that deserve some extra attention. Let's keep our eyes open from now on.

(P.S.: Thanks for pointing out and fixing that typo, unity and Liberty.)
unity
You're magical to me.
I found something else that might be an error on the What's Written frontpage section. The blurb has "When life gives you lemons...(Part 2)" by BizzareMonkey, but when I click the link, I get taken to a Beautiful Escape blog page.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
To add to that: That blog isn't even by BizarreMonkey (nor by his evil twin BizzareMonkey who for some reason got the achievement). It's a blog for Porcupine Princess by Archeia_Nessiah.
Marrend
I'm pretty confused about what the intention is with "What's Written" as well. The blog-title comes from Porcupine Princess (authored by Archeia_Nessiah), the preview text is from... I'm not even sure where that comes from, actually! Possibly from something BizarreMonkey wrote, as BizzareMonkey has no (viewable) submissions?

*Edit: Stop reading my head, NeverSilent!

*Edit2: The text preview for "What's Written" is, apparently, from a media submission.
by mixing up all of our links and content, we are hoping to expose more people to a greater variety of content.
I did a boo-boo. Yeah, it's my fault. I'm sorry. I borked the everything. orz

I don't even know how. I edited it all to be correct but for some reason... it hates me. ;.;
Marrend
author=Liberty
orz

*Happy campers* are the best! They are *happy*!

Er, I mean, ah... nevermind!

*retreats into a corner*
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
I'd like to suggest this Music Pack for a spotlight. We should try to pay the resource section more attention in general, I think.
Been meaning to try to feature more but that would make a good community spot.
Pages: first 12 next last