WORST INJURY YOU'VE SUFFERED?

Pages: first 12 next last
So this morning when i was at work i'm working in the kitchen (in case you don't know i manage a restaurant but love to cook in the kitchen as well) and suddenly i get bumped. At the time i am cutting up a bucket full of potatoes with a very very very very very very sharp knife and then cut. The knife cuts right into my hand, blood pissing out everywhere. Of course it was a complete accident but it is quite annoying now that i can't work in the kitchen area for about a month and that i am bandiged up so i can only write and type with one hand. This does come in quite a shock to me as i am usually used to just breaking a bone or breaking my leg, nothing that severe.

So anyway with this i ask. What is the worst injury that you have suffered before? For me, this would have to be the worst and man is it mighty painful and i can't help at all in the kitchen at all, it sucks big time. :(
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I haven't really ever sustained a major injury, which is rather ridiculous since I've done probably just as many stupid things as Masamune has (see Masa I can insult both of us at the same time!), except I don't get drunk to do it. The fact that I do dumb stuff with a completely sober and sane mind is... well yeah okay.

Despite that I have never broken a bone, had a severe burn, cut off a limb, or even had a cavity. I've never had chicken pox and and the only "real" sickness I've been afflicted with is strep throat. Once in seventh grade I got really pale and sickly for a few hours but then I was 100% A-Okay afterwards (and suddenly not being able to breath properly has never stopped Craze from doing what he wants to-- ever).

Occasionally I stub my toe. :<

So the worst injury that I have ever suffered is most likely cutting one of nails a little too far that one time a while ago. Yeah. CRAZE IS INVINCIBLE

christ, i wish i was as lucky as you are.

author=Craze link=topic=1172.msg17501#msg17501 date=1211537440
Occasionally I stub my toe. :<

I hear ya, that's bloody annoying when that happens. It annoys you thinking about that.
Masamune
A guy walks into a bar and his alcoholism is destroying his family.
I broke my ankle on a trampoline when I was in 5th grade. Then I broke it again last year playing basketball. Other than that I've never really broken anything, but one time in a high school football game I got uplifted about three feet in the air because I was attempting to intercept a pass and I turned right into this guy waiting to crack me.
In September of last year I separated my should and my humerous split vertically partway down the bone.

I was playing hockey and the blue line jumped out of nowhere and tackled me.

Not fun.
Well, one time when I was little, I swan dived from my top bunk into the floor on my head. Good times.
When I was 5, I was playing a lamp, it broke and a piece went about 2 inches into my knee...thank god I was young.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
About five years ago I was horseback riding and got bucked off my horse. My wrist braced my fall and my wrist joint was fractured in five places. I was stupid and macho and went home to put ice on it, but then noticed the ice wasn't working and my wrist was now the size of my head. On to the emergency room!

After several hours of waiting the orthopedic surgeon finally showed up. I was suppose to get a pin put through a reconstructed wrist joint to hold it together, but the last thing I can remember before being sedated for surgery was one of the doctors saying "I can't find that three inch pin!". When I woke up I had a huge external fixator on my wrist (google it!), held down by four phillips screws that was tightened to my forearm. I had a bandage around it that itched like hell during the summer and eventually have to come off.

Several months later when the doctor took off the external fixator he did it right in the office with no painkillers or anything. And all he used was a Black & Decker drill.

My forearm and hand now have several scars and some disgusting fleshy areas that move in and out when I move my wrist. Cool party trick.

I dived into a lake with an ear infection, and the pressure of the lake ruptured my ear drum! I don't know if that counts as an injury, but it was the most pain I've ever felt, and I had fluids leaking from my ear for about a good solid week. :(

Also, I broke my collar bone, but that didn't really hurt. I didn't mind that one so much! I've rolled my ankles many times skateboarding as well, and that is generally a terrible time.
One time I was kicked in the testicles really really hard playing soccer. They were swollen for weeks. I had plenty of trouble sleeping and walking.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Can't say I've had a huge injury. I did have an athsmatic shock that scared me for a bit but an inhaler took care of that right quick.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
I forgot how old I was, maybe like 10-12 range. My friend had this giant tramplene and we would also jump from something like a monkey bars, I don't know, but it made us bounce even higher. Anyways, I jumped off from the thing and for the first time I bounce so high I thought I was going to bounce off the tramplene and hit the ground harder. No, instead my "buckteeth" smashed against the metal bar so hard I thought I was going to lose those teeth. Luckily I didn't, lol.

My second most would have to be when my Paint ball mask got fogged up so I took cover behind a little bunker shack and took off my mask to wipe the fog off. Out of no where a paint ball hits me in the face between my right eye and my nose. Ouch.

Oh, yeah. One time, one of my friends was messing and wouldn't let me get out of his van. When he parked I dashed for the door opened, he speed up, and I went flying out of the van and got b*tched slapped by the game I held in my hand at the time.

Not that extreme, but they all hurt pretty damn bad. lol
My testicals twisted. Hurt like hell!
author=Blitzen link=topic=1172.msg17616#msg17616 date=1211604838
One time I was kicked in the testicles really really hard playing soccer. They were swollen for weeks. I had plenty of trouble sleeping and walking.

I was kicked in the testicles when i was in school. Thought i was going to die. ;D
harmonic
Um.... anyone here at RMN *NOT* had harm done to their testicles?

two words for you people: JOCK STRAP
Masamune
A guy walks into a bar and his alcoholism is destroying his family.
author=rcholbert link=topic=1172.msg17612#msg17612 date=1211603372
About five years ago I was horseback riding and got bucked off my horse. My wrist braced my fall and my wrist joint was fractured in five places. I was stupid and macho and went home to put ice on it, but then noticed the ice wasn't working and my wrist was now the size of my head. On to the emergency room!

After several hours of waiting the orthopedic surgeon finally showed up. I was suppose to get a pin put through a reconstructed wrist joint to hold it together, but the last thing I can remember before being sedated for surgery was one of the doctors saying "I can't find that three inch pin!". When I woke up I had a huge external fixator on my wrist (google it!), held down by four phillips screws that was tightened to my forearm. I had a bandage around it that itched like hell during the summer and eventually have to come off.

Several months later when the doctor took off the external fixator he did it right in the office with no painkillers or anything. And all he used was a Black & Decker drill.

Jesus christ that sounds fucking awful.
My forearm and hand now have several scars and some disgusting fleshy areas that move in and out when I move my wrist. Cool party trick.

harmonic
It's called an exaggeration. Only slight though.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
The only slight exaggeration in mine was the size of my swollen wrist, though it was pretty darn big. Other than that, unfortunately, 100% accurate. :(
I've had an ingrown toenail once. And a planter's wart. But other than that, nothing too serious. I have a really high pain tolerance, so that might add to things as well. But I've never broken anything. Bruised, sure, but broken, nah.
Once I fell after getting my leg tangled in some cords, and I landed on my knee... and I hit just right so that I damaged a few nerves there. I can move fine, but to this day my knee feels somewhat numb constantly and about the only thing I feel there is pain. This happened many months ago and theres nothing to be done about it. I'm kinda used to it, but it does get annoying every now and then.
Pages: first 12 next last