HOW CAN I MAKE RM2K3 HAVE TURN-BASED BATTLES?

Pages: 1
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
I like turn based games. Real-time bugs me because it forces you to rush commands and punishes laggy computers. Help?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You can use RM2K instead, which is pretty much just RM2K3 with a turn-based system. Or you can use any of the newer ones: XP, VX, VX Ace.

RM2K3's key feature is its ATB system. You could code your own battle system in it, but... you won't.
I seem to remember there being a patch that makes it turn based.
You could divvy out the Speed/Agility so that the heroes all get their turns first, then the enemies. Might take a bit of fiddling, but as long as the numbers aren't too large it should work.
Yeah, try making the agility values pretty high so that the ATBs fill up almost instantaneously.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Link_2112

Cherry made one, I'm pretty sure, yeah.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
The correct (and most reliable) answer is to get and use RM2K Value!, also known as RM2K v1.51. It has most of RM2K3's features (MP3 playback, etc.) while keeping RM2K's turn-based battle system.
Actually, wouldn't the more correct answer be get VXAce? It seems almost the same as 2k3 in terms of features, except with a turn based battle system.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
kentona
Actually, wouldn't the more correct answer be get VXAce? It seems almost the same as 2k3 in terms of features, except with a turn based battle system.

Yes.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Hear hear.
author=Craze
Link_2112
Cherry made one, I'm pretty sure, yeah.

That's what I thought but I didn't see it on his website.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
author=kentona
Except the OP mentioned RM2K3. RM2K(3) and RMVXA are completely different pieces of software, and between RMVXA and RM2K Value! the former latter relates much more closely to RM2K3.

RM2K Value! is also still being sold in stores too, so one can obtain it legally unlike RM2K3 or older versions of RM2K.

EDIT: Correcting myself, I must've had a brainfart when I wrote this or something.
dragonheartman
Developer, Starless Umbra / Heroes of Umbra
author=Mateui
Yeah, try making the agility values pretty high so that the ATBs fill up almost instantaneously.
No no unfortunately this won't do because the rate at which ATBs fill up is static, with a modifier based on the standard deviation of the stat. Whether all enemies have 10 or 999 agility, the bars will fill up the same speed.

Another solution not yet mentioned is to use DynRPG and set the ATB speed modifier to some ridiculously high value and effectively hiding the ATB graphics. Automatically set the ATB mode to "wait" and you're golden.
author=dragonheartman
Another solution not yet mentioned is to use DynRPG and set the ATB speed modifier to some ridiculously high value and effectively hiding the ATB graphics. Automatically set the ATB mode to "wait" and you're golden.

The RagnaDyn plugin, right?
dragonheartman
Developer, Starless Umbra / Heroes of Umbra
author=Link_2112
author=dragonheartman
The RagnaDyn plugin, right?
Yeah that should work--I also created a simpler plugin which you can find in my locker if you just want the ATB changes.

The source is there and it should be easily modifiable to accommodate faster speeds. It would just need to be recompiled.
Pages: 1