[POLL] NEXT EVENT WILL BE...

Poll

What kind of event would you like to have next? - Results

RMN Contribution - Reviews, Media, Art, Writing, etc.
33%
SMBX
0%
Game Making
5%
Special Theme Game Making
44%
Other - Specify in a post please
16%

Pages: 1
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
I need an event to satisfy my gaming needs. Befuddle Quest doesn't do that. Maybe this will cause someone to make an event.
Events are pretty cool to run, I would encourage anyone to try it at least once. The biggest hurdle is picking a theme that will provide a suitable challenge whilst at the same time making sure it wouldn't restrict the participants creative freedom. Although suggesting spacial themes in this topic publicly would probably guarantee that it's not going to be picked. In which case I'll suggest sending a pm to the staff if you have any ideas to pitch to them.

On that note Halloween is right round the corner, so hopefully our game making needs would be satisfied by then. =)
Other - Specify in a post please
Music Event.

(although I wouldn't mind a Special Theme Game Making)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Once, there was a thread about making fan art for other games. I forget the name of the thread, but this it was before there was a Media tab for game pages. So, what I was thinking, was something along those lines, but with videos. Not that I would run/judge/participate in such an event but it sounds like one of those off-the-wall-it-can't-possibly-happen things.

Watch it happen!
author=MrChearlie
Music Event.

I second this, only for the selfish reason that I can't participate in a game-making contest atm :( And I love listening to what you guys make (I still check in on the last RMN Music Challenge and listen to stuff while I browse webs).
author=MrChearlie
Other - Specify in a post pleaseMusic Event.

Yes please.
We have a RMN Contribution - Reviews, Media, Art, Writing, etc., SMBX, and a Music collaboration in the works, with talks about a Special Theme Game Making (to go along with the current Game making event running right now (join it))
author=MrChearlie
Other - Specify in a post pleaseMusic Event.

Wouldn't this fall under RMN Contribution? Didn't someone already mention this?

Edit:BTW, I would lov a music event, but SMBX doesn't have anyone voting for it yet. I didn't choose that though, I chose the Special Theme Game Making because, just like SMBX, I haven't been able to contribute in past ones. I did start contributing on a Halloween based one last year, but then I quit because I got lazy, and forgot about it...though I did want to continue. I had the wrong RPG maker 2K3 graphics...so that failed. I would love a new one, but I'm not experienced in making them, plus people apparently don't like it when I try doing so anyways. Why I explained it all, IDK,I guess I just did for no reason. :3
I put it as other since I don't know how a music contest contributes with RMN
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=MrChearlie
I put it as other since I don't know how a music contest contributes with RMN

If you want to be technical about it, music is a kind of media. Which would fall under "RMN Contribution - Media". As would this crazy-stupid idea of mine about making videos.

Befuddle Quest - The Next Generation, which is the event running now, is what I would consider a "Special Theme Game Making" event, as submissions are thematically limited to puzzle-solving scenarios.
author=kentona
We have a RMN Contribution - Reviews, Media, Art, Writing, etc., SMBX, and a Music collaboration in the works, with talks about a Special Theme Game Making (to go along with the current Game making event running right now (join it))

This man speaks the truth \o/
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Release Something?
Halloween game making event?
Create a small game not typically ment to be made within rpg maker kinda contest?
Code off like contest similar to the one that spawned Balmung Cycle perhaps?
Happy
Devil's in the details
Music event. Though I'm in process of making that happen.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Game making events are terrible. Games should be made over months or years, not days. I vote for anything else.
author=LockeZ
Game making events are terrible. Games should be made over months or years, not days. I vote for anything else.
Hero's Realm and Hellion were the result of game making events.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I STAND BY MY ABSURD BELIEF NO MATTER THE EVIDENCE, NO MATTER THE COST
Pages: 1