FOR RM2K3, CAN COMMON EVENTS TAKE THE PLACE OF BATTLE EVENTS

Pages: 1
I want to use a skill to swap the weapons of another combat in the middle of battle.
So far, a common event I put in place is supposed to switch on when another character uses a skill, I made it a parallel process event that changes the equipment then turns its switch off (in case its used again). Its not working, at all, I'm wondering if it would work if I made it a battle event. Is it even possible to change equipment in battle?

(the purpose of this is to change the attack of a character that's on auto-pilot, to give the illusion another character is "commanding" them)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
This might sound like a silly question, but does the party even have the appropriate equipment that is being switched into? Because I'm pretty sure that having a physical copy of the equipment that is being called by "Change Equipment" is necessary.

I could be proven wrong, though.
Thank you, I thought I recall something in the help file about how the equipment will be created if it wasn't present. But I'll probably try experimenting with that.
This might also be a problem, the specific character is set with their equipment as locked, basically I want to be able to change the equipment but I don't want the player to. Is this not possible?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Parallel processes don't run during battles. You need to make a battle event that happens on Turn: 1x, and then it will happen every turn. You can make the battle event call a common event, though.

There are some event commands that exist in normal events, but don't exist in battle events. If you try to put one of these in a common event and then call that common event with a battle event, the game will error and crash.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I've never experimented with locked equipment and the "Change Equipment" command, to be honest. Though, if I were faced with such a scenario, I would just try it out with a temporary test event.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
In RM2K3 you can call a common event from within a battle event, thereby running said common event. However, not all commands are supported when calling common events via battle events and things like manipulating equipment might result in strange behavior.
Moved to Help Requests (even if I got to it too late)
Pages: 1