FIRE EMBLEM - SENJUTSU-TEKI FŌRAMU RPG

Sounds good, but I might be attacked from the side.

Move to E10, Wait
Move to Q13: Chug a Vulnerary
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
If worse comes to worse, we can keep retreating in Ashara's general direction. If we finagle things correctly, we might be able to end up side-by-side, allowing you to borrow Oharu's Vulnerary. However, for the moment...

MOVE F-9; WAIT

Ooops. I wasn't supposed to post until after you guys. orz
Sorry!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Liberty
Ooops. I wasn't supposed to post until after you guys. orz
Sorry!
That doesn't really matter all that much. Don't worry. Your action happens in a different phase, so you'll move last of the three anyway.

Edit: Next turn in about half an hour!

I forgot to change Oharu's stats last turn, so here are the actual new stats:
Oharu, Knight, level 3
HP: 25
Strength: 7
Skill: 7
Speed: 5
Luck: 3
Defense: 8
Resistance: 0
Move: 3
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Avee moves to E10!

Oharu moves to F9!

Other phase

Ashara moves to Q13, and uses a Vulnerary!
User: HP:11
Iron bow 42/45
Vulnerary 2/3

Enemy phase

Jack moves to E9, and steals Vulnerary 3/3 from Oharu!
Attacker: HP:18
Iron sword 46/46
Vulnerary 3/3
Vulnerary 3/3 (Dropped on death)

Defender: HP:25
Iron lance 38/45

Fighter moves to D10, and attacks Avee!
Damage:9 Hit:74% Crit:1%
9 damage to Avee!
Avee counterattacks!
Damage:15 Hit:78% Crit:0%
15 damage to Fighter!

10 Exp. to Avee! 28 to level up!

Attacker: HP:5
Iron axe 44/45

Defender: HP:17
Iron axe 37/45

Soldier on D6 moves to D9!

Archer on C4 moves to D8!

Archer on R3 waits!

Soldier on T12 moves to R13, and attacks Ashara!
Damage:8 Hit:66% Crit:0%
8 damage to Ashara!

Attacker: HP:19
Iron lance 43/45

Defender: HP:3
Iron bow 42/45
Vulnerary 2/3

Ouda waits!

Player phase
-Goal:Defeat boss
-Any ally can talk to any unit by using the Talk action while standing next to a unit. However, only units with names will respond, and only if the right character talks to them.
-Battle formulas:
Attack Speed = Speed, unless Weapon Weight > Strength, in which case it's Speed - (Weapon Weight - Strength)  
Accuracy = ((Weapon Hit + Skill*2 + Luck/2)attacker) - ((Attack speed*2 + Luck)defender) + Triangle bonus  
Damage = ((Strength + Weapon Might + Triangle bonus)attacker) - ((Defense)defender)  
Critical Damage = Damage*3  
Critical chance = ((Weapon Critical + Skill/2)attacker) - (Luck)defender)  
If a character's attack speed is 4 higher than the opponent's, they can attack twice.

Units:

Soldier D9:

Lvl:1
HP:20
Str:3
Skl:2
Spd:2
Lck:2
Def:3
Res:0
Mve:5
45/45 Iron Lance
3/3 Vulnerary (dropped on death)

Archer R3:

HP:18
Str:4
Skl:3
Spd:3
45/45 Iron Bow

Thief E9:

Name:Jack
Lvl:2
Skl:4
Spd:11
Move:6
46/46 Iron Sword
3/3 Vulnerary
15/15 Lockpick

Archer D8:

Skl:1
Def:4
45/45 Iron bow

Fighter D10:

HP:5/20
Str:6
Lk:2
Df:2
Rs:0
44/45 Iron Axe

Soldier R13:

HP:19
Df:4
43/45 Iron Lance

Nomadic Trooper R6:

Name:Ouda
HP:25
Skl:5
Spd:6
Lk:3
Mve:8
45/45 Iron Bow (E)
40/40 Steel Bow
46/46 Iron Sword
1/1 Earth Seal

Archer Q13:

Name:Ashara
HP:1/17
Df:3
Rs:1
45/45 Iron Bow
3/3 Vulnerary

Story:
"Isihara Oharu, through your courage and skill in ridding our valley of the threat it was in, you have proven yourself worthy of the title of knight. Bear it with grace, and make Sorumasta and your king proud!"
"Yes, my liege!"
"And Avee, it is saddening that you have had to lose a comrade for the sake of our country, is there any way I can make it up to you?"
"Honey Boo Boo and I both knew the risk we were taking. We agreed to risk our lives by taking your money. You are not to blame for his loss, your majesty. However, this morning he told me he was thinking of settling down, of permanently choosing sides, and that he felt comfortable fighting for Sorumasta. I would like to honour him by doing what he couldn't."
"I understand. Then Sorumasta will be proud to have an able fighter among its ranks!"

Oharu was glad to finally be able to catch some sleep, as it had been an extremely long and tiring day. She went to her room and quickly fell asleep. Little did she know what was in store for her...

Chapter 2 - An urgent delivery

Avee woke up when a servant burst into his room.
"Mister Avee, the king wants to see you in his chambers right away!"
Avee looked out the window. The sun was just peeking its head over the horizon.
"I'll be right there."
As Avee walked to the royal chambers, he was met by Oharu, who had a look of worry on her face. They walked in together.
"As much as it hurts me to have to call on you at such an early hour, especially after the day you've been through. An urgent problem has risen. This night, I received a letter from the king of our neighbouring country of Luraga, an old friend of mine. It appears he has fallen terribly ill. I have written a response, and it must be delivered to him post-haste. From his letter, I fear he may not have long to live, and it is of vital importance he knows of the danger looming over his country. I must ask you, Oharu and Avee, to bring this letter to him. Normally I would send a messenger, but I fear someone may try to intercept it."

Avee looks at Oharu, who kneels and takes the letter from the king. She turns around.

"Avee, we leave."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R13

Ashara sighed. She wondered how she had been able to escape from the clutches of that group of bandits. All of a sudden a commotion had taken place in the camp, enabling her to get to her bow, shoot two bandits trying to catch her and run away, but she was unsure as to what caused the commotion in the first place. She could vaguely remember one of the bandits yelling someone was dead. Suddenly, a group of mercenaries drove past her, and she quickly hid.

"The Sorumastian messenger should be here any minute now, so get in position boys. Let's make this a quick one. And don't forget! We need that letter!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D3

"Oharu, bandits! They come from upstream!"
"So his majesty was right about the interception... They will not see the sun set tonight!"

G6

"..."
"What is it Jack? You've been awful quiet ever since we got to these lands."
"It's nothing. I was just thinking about my fiancee, Ashara."
"Oh, that's right, you're originally from around here, aren't you?"
"I haven't seen her in half a year."
"Well, ya never know, maybe if we get this job done quickly, the boss'll let you visit her. We'll get paid handsomely if we get that letter, so I'd say you have a fair chance."
"You're right. Okay, let's do this."
Marrend
I'm somehow reading Jack's Steal to be an auto-success. I'm hoping I'm reading things wrong, and that there was a behind-the-scenes roll for that.

Anyway, we currently have no healing in our immediate group. We seem to have two options. One is to continue to retreat towards Ashara, and pray that she's still alive to be able to TALK to Jack (Please live, Liberty!). The other is that we take out Jack, and take those Vulneraries, assuming that's even how this game works.

Note: I'm kinda regretting that we didn't stop by the fortress on A-6 before getting mixed up in this crazy plan.
XD
I will do my damndest to live, I assure you. At least being on the forest gives me extra points to dodge (thank God).

So, to keep things moving, I'll post my move now (since I'm about to head off to bed) so that tomorrow there might be a new update to look forward to - maybe.

Move to P14: Use Vulnerary
Jeroen_Sol
author=Marrend
I'm somehow reading Jack's Steal to be an auto-success. I'm hoping I'm reading things wrong, and that there was a behind-the-scenes roll for that.
All stealing, whether it is from or for the party, has a 100% success rate.

author=Marrend
Note: I'm kinda regretting that we didn't stop by the fortress on A-6 before getting mixed up in this crazy plan.
I mentioned that was an armory... right? I'm positive either me or blobofgoo said that...
Anyway, you could've bought more weapons there, but not vulneraries.

author=Marrend
The other is that we take out Jack, and take those Vulneraries, assuming that's even how this game works.
Only the vulnerary Jack stole from you will be dropped upon death, not his own.
Could we have the information about Bows on the first page, please? I'd like to keep track of the damage these archers can deal.

Since Oharu has full HP, high defense and a Move of 3, I think that fighting is the best option for her. If we keep running away the enemies will only catch up and attack us.

With that Vulnerary I believe Ashara is in no danger of death. I think she should try to come to us instead of the other way around, and talk to Jack ASAP.

I think the best option would be for me to finish off the Fighter, and then for Oharu to move to D10 and attack the Soldier. On the next turn, I might be able to kill the Soldier and grab his Vulnerary, as I might need one soon. Jack and that Archer shouldn't do us too much harm in the meantime.

And so, I Attack the Fighter on D10.
Iunno who's side I'm on anymore. Uhhhh liberty(?) you can choose the moves for me >_>
Jeroen_Sol
author=ivoryjones
Iunno who's side I'm on anymore. Uhhhh liberty(?) you can choose the moves for me >_>

You're on the enemy's side, and as such, blobofgoo and I have been choosing your moves until now.
Liberty is an other unit, so neither on the ally's nor on the enemy's side.
If you're confused, I can just PM you when you convert into an ally.
Marrend
I'm mostly okay with having Oharu fight, but I would prefer to avoid fighting Jack. However, since Oharu can't move into any kind of position where she can attack anybody, outside of staying put and attacking Jack...

I'm kinda assuming that enemy units are obstacles, here.
Jeroen_Sol
author=Marrend
I'm mostly okay with having Oharu fight, but I would prefer to avoid fighting Jack. However, since Oharu can't move into any kind of position where she can attack anybody, outside of staying put and attacking Jack...

I'm kinda assuming that enemy units are obstacles, here.

If Avee succeeds to kill the Fighter, you can move to D10 and attack the soldier. If he fails, I'll ask you to choose a different move. You're right it's impossible to move through enemy units.
Marrend
Okay, then. This is, officially, the weirdest strategy game I've ever played.

MOVE D-10; ATTACK SOLDIER
Jeroen_Sol
author=Marrend
Okay, then. This is, officially, the weirdest strategy game I've ever played.
Yup. ;)

In Fire Emblem games, each unit's move is played out at once, allowing other units totake the place of fallen enemies. It would be too much of a hassle to do that in this forum game, but doing this seems to be the easiest way to sort of stay true to the original in that aspect.

Also blob made this battle kind of impossible with the enemy outnumbering you 3 to 1 at once.
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
Well, originally there were plans for the boss's accompaning archer...
Jeroen_Sol
That's true... ;) But I figured that would've made the battle too easy... It's a fine line. :P

Anyway, next update tomorrow. If anyone wants to change their move in the meantime, that's fine by me.
Jeroen_Sol
Avee attacks Fighter!
Damage:15 Hit:78% Crit:0%
15 damage to Fighter! Fighter dies!

Attacker: HP:17
Iron axe 36/45

20 exp. to Avee! 8 to level up!

Oharu moves to D10, and attacks Soldier!
Damage:11 Hit:91% Crit:1%
Ohary gets two hits! 11 damage to Soldier! Miss!
Soldier counterattacks!
Damage:2 Hit:74% Crit:0%
2 damage to Oharu!

10 experience to Oharu! 79 to level up!

Attacker: HP:22
Iron lance 37/45

Defender: HP:9
Iron lance 44/45
Vulnerary 3/3 (dropped on death)

Other phase

Ashara moves to P14, and uses a Vulnerary!
User: HP:13
Iron bow 42/45
Vulnerary 1/3

Enemy phase

Soldier on D9 moves to F10, and attacks Avee!
Damage:4 Hit:64% Crit:1%
4 damage to Avee!
Avee counterattacks!
Damage:15 Hit:96% Crit:0%
15 damage to Soldier! Soldier dies!

Avee obtained a Vulnerary 3/3!

20 exp. to Avee! 88 to level up!

Level up!
HP+1
Skill+1

New stats:
HP:31
Str:9
Skl:6
Lck:0
Def:5
Res:1

Defender: HP:13
Iron axe 35/45
Vulnerary 3/3

Archer on D8 moves to E8, and attacks Avee!
Damage:5 Hit:82% Crit:0%
5 damage to Avee!

1 exp. to Avee! 87 to level up!

Attacker: HP:18
Iron bow 44/45

Defender: HP:8
Iron axe 35/45

Archer on R3 waits!

Soldier on R13 moves to Q14, and attacks Ashara!
Damage:8 Hit:66% Crit:0%
Miss!

Attacker: HP:19
Iron lance 44/45

Defender: HP:13
Iron bow 42/45
Vulnerary 1/3

Jack attacks Avee!
Damage:6 Hit:98% Crit:2%
6 damage to Avee!
Avee counterattacks!
Damage:13 Hit:67% Crit:1%
13 damage to Avee!

10 exp. to Avee! 77 to level up!

Attacker: HP:5
Iron sword 45/46
Vulnerary 3/3
Vulnerary 3/3 (dropped on death)

Defender: HP:2
Iron axe 34/45
Vulnerary 3/3

Ouda waits!

Player phase
-Goal:Defeat boss
-Any ally can talk to any unit by using the Talk action while standing next to a unit. However, only units with names will respond, and only if the right character talks to them.
-Battle formulas:
Attack Speed = Speed, unless Weapon Weight > Strength, in which case it's Speed - (Weapon Weight - Strength)  
Accuracy = ((Weapon Hit + Skill*2 + Luck/2)attacker) - ((Attack speed*2 + Luck)defender) + Triangle bonus  
Damage = ((Strength + Weapon Might + Triangle bonus)attacker) - ((Defense)defender)  
Critical Damage = Damage*3  
Critical chance = ((Weapon Critical + Skill/2)attacker) - (Luck)defender)  
If a character's attack speed is 4 higher than the opponent's, they can attack twice.

Units:

Archer R3:

Skl:3
45/45 Iron Bow

Thief E9:

Name:Jack
Lvl:2
HP:5/18
Skl:4
Spd:11
Move:6
46/46 Iron Sword
3/3 Vulnerary
15/15 Lockpick

Archer E8:

Skl:1
Def:4
45/45 Iron bow

Soldier Q14:

HP:19
43/45 Iron Lance

Nomadic Trooper R6:

Name:Ouda
HP:25
Mve:8
45/45 Iron Bow (E)
40/40 Steel Bow
46/46 Iron Sword
1/1 Master Seal

Archer P14:

Name:Ashara
HP:13/17
Df:3
Rs:1
45/45 Iron Bow
3/3 Vulnerary

Story:
"Isihara Oharu, through your courage and skill in ridding our valley of the threat it was in, you have proven yourself worthy of the title of knight. Bear it with grace, and make Sorumasta and your king proud!"
"Yes, my liege!"
"And Avee, it is saddening that you have had to lose a comrade for the sake of our country, is there any way I can make it up to you?"
"Honey Boo Boo and I both knew the risk we were taking. We agreed to risk our lives by taking your money. You are not to blame for his loss, your majesty. However, this morning he told me he was thinking of settling down, of permanently choosing sides, and that he felt comfortable fighting for Sorumasta. I would like to honour him by doing what he couldn't."
"I understand. Then Sorumasta will be proud to have an able fighter among its ranks!"

Oharu was glad to finally be able to catch some sleep, as it had been an extremely long and tiring day. She went to her room and quickly fell asleep. Little did she know what was in store for her...

Chapter 2 - An urgent delivery

Avee woke up when a servant burst into his room.
"Mister Avee, the king wants to see you in his chambers right away!"
Avee looked out the window. The sun was just peeking its head over the horizon.
"I'll be right there."
As Avee walked to the royal chambers, he was met by Oharu, who had a look of worry on her face. They walked in together.
"As much as it hurts me to have to call on you at such an early hour, especially after the day you've been through. An urgent problem has risen. This night, I received a letter from the king of our neighbouring country of Luraga, an old friend of mine. It appears he has fallen terribly ill. I have written a response, and it must be delivered to him post-haste. From his letter, I fear he may not have long to live, and it is of vital importance he knows of the danger looming over his country. I must ask you, Oharu and Avee, to bring this letter to him. Normally I would send a messenger, but I fear someone may try to intercept it."

Avee looks at Oharu, who kneels and takes the letter from the king. She turns around.

"Avee, we leave."

R13

Ashara sighed. She wondered how she had been able to escape from the clutches of that group of bandits. All of a sudden a commotion had taken place in the camp, enabling her to get to her bow, shoot two bandits trying to catch her and run away, but she was unsure as to what caused the commotion in the first place. She could vaguely remember one of the bandits yelling someone was dead. Suddenly, a group of mercenaries drove past her, and she quickly hid.

"The Sorumastian messenger should be here any minute now, so get in position boys. Let's make this a quick one. And don't forget! We need that letter!"

D3

"Oharu, bandits! They come from upstream!"
"So his majesty was right about the interception... They will not see the sun set tonight!"

G6

"..."
"What is it Jack? You've been awful quiet ever since we got to these lands."
"It's nothing. I was just thinking about my fiancee, Ashara."
"Oh, that's right, you're originally from around here, aren't you?"
"I haven't seen her in half a year."
"Well, ya never know, maybe if we get this job done quickly, the boss'll let you visit her. We'll get paid handsomely if we get that letter, so I'd say you have a fair chance."
"You're right. Okay, let's do this."
Man! That was close, but it paid off after all.
I hope Jack will retreat and heal himself on the next turn.

Move to H11, Use Vulnerary