RIP AMANDA TODD

Pages: first 12 next last
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
If you haven't heard about this please pay attention. This is a tragedy.

Feedback: Show your support on Facebook (RIP Amanda Todd) And please wear purple on the 19th (20th?) for Spirit Day.
I've got bigger things to worry about than the fragility of teen self-esteem.
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
There's nothing bigger than love; just show it, OK? Let someone in need know you're there for them. Stand up for someone who needs help; listen to the cries of your fellow human beings. That's all I ask.
author=BurningTyger
There's nothing bigger than love; just show it, OK? Let someone in need know you're there for them. Stand up for someone who needs help; listen to the cries of your fellow human beings. That's all I ask.

Alright. I'll change the world with one ribbon and Facebook "like" at a time. Sounds realistic.
I haven't heard of her 'til now, though I read that she committed suicide because of cyber-bullying? Now, this may make me seem like a jerk or something, but that makes me laugh to be honest.. :p

She was also bullied in real life too, but if I compare my life to hers, mine is actually even worse off, and I can still go about my day with a smile on my face.

(Again, I don't want to be rude about this since this is someone whom has died fairly recently.)
@Sana

I read the entire thing. It's not just cyber bullying. She was being bullied Real Life. One guy kept stalking her and posted nude pics of her because of a mistake she did in 7th Grade. And this guy made all her friends hate her and no respect. And she moved on but the guy still followed her and making her lose more friends on the process.

It didn't help a guy led her on who is in a relationship and made his girlfriend hate her so much that her (the GF's) whole bandwagoning crew wished her to die and kept posting stuff against her on a constant basis and mocking her attempted suicide and depression. It doesn't help she has no one to lean on. She doesn't have seem to have much mental support. She kept saying that whenever she moves on, the past haunts her to no end.

It's really not about which one is worse off. It's about who's there by your side to help you stand up again. She clearly has none.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I want to punch everyone in her school.
Yeah, I read it too..the past causes mental shatters, at least with me my mind completely blocked off what I went through during my school years, though I still feel heaps of pain every now and then if I try remembering something. It's pain that's about one fragment short of giving me heart attacks.

Still, suicide is never a good answer to ones problems. If someone can't take what's going on in their lives, fight back a little, you know, get stronger, lol it's what helped me through.
author=Sana
Still, suicide is never a good answer to ones problems. If someone can't take what's going on in their lives, fight back a little, you know, get stronger, lol it's what helped me through.

If you saw the other news (that isn't in this topic), she was trying her best to get over it and even made a school project about cyberbullying and asked for help. She was ALSO a cheerleader. But youtube even took down her video asking for help and other things. <_<

ALSO she tried to move on LIKE SO MANY TIMES by moving cities and not asking for trouble. That's fighting back even as a little bit. Saying she didn't try to move on with her life is pretty heartless, don't you think?

She's a pretty girl. I have a feeling she's being bullied about her because of this too, to the point the girls who were bullying her actually tried to find some dirt about her on facebook.

Also p.s. I recommend reading 13 Reasons Why.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Sana, agree with her choices or not, suicide is no laughing matter.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Sana
She was also bullied in real life too, but if I compare my life to hers, mine is actually even worse off, and I can still go about my day with a smile on my face.

Do you have any idea how fucking awful this sounds?

Jesus Christ, guys. Did you never read To Kill A Mockingbird?

author=Atticus "The Man" Finch
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
Youtube is cruel to people sometimes..well, anyway I've spoken my opinion about this, and since I don't necessarily prefer delving too far into things, I'll stay out of the way on this.

It is a shame that she chose this way out, but everyone's lives is what they make of it, even if people thought it amusing to harass her..

But, I will read up on anything I missed if I have the time~ :)

And, deep down, I know I'm heartless, so I do apologize for the rude things I've said about her. My current avatar is pretty much a self expression of myself, a demented jester..
Why would you fucking flash at people you don't know just because they've called you pretty/perfect?? That's just arghhh a;ldksja;slkfja;lkdsjas

Sorry but I'm with Jude here. Just, no.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
That dog made some damn good burritos.
author=ivoryjones
Why would you fucking flash at people you don't know just because they've called you pretty/perfect?? That's just arghhh a;ldksja;slkfja;lkdsjas

... Wow.

Who really gives a fuck if she flashed some time ages ago in her past? People do stupid things, and she obviously regretted it. She was obviously suffering a hell of a lot after that to the point that she committed suicide; this isn't a thing to debate whether or not it was right - the fact is, this is serious.

And anyone who decides to continue insulting her for doing so, or those who wish to insult her for 'flashing' or whatever, you're fucking stupid.
1. Insulting someone for 'flashing' is, although understandable in some concept, stupid. It's their life, their body. Sure, it may be stupid, but who can really comment when they're doing something they're allowed to do?
2. Saying that you've been through worse is pathetic. We've all been through hard times, yes, but people take it differently. She tried everything she possibly could to make friends again, but there was nothing she could do. She must've obviously felt frightened, alone and like there was nothing to do, and after that last plead for help, no-one came to help her still.
3. I feel the need to question.. what made you post this, BurningTyger? Yes, it's upsetting to see it and it just goes to show how rotten the world is, but what was the need? You post up three videos for it and ask that everyone show their support, but how is liking a page on Facebook and wearing the colour purple going to make any difference?

Now, I don't necessarily care if you think I'm heartless for saying these things or whatever. As previously stated, we all have our opinions.

Still though, just by this you can tell just how rotten this world is, huh?
It never ceases to amaze me how bad it really is.
author=ivoryjones

Don't misunderstand my position. I'm not blaming her--only identifying that people exercise non-solutions to make themselves feel better, while ignoring bigger issues.
If she didn't fucking flash, maybe she wouldn't have to be blackmailed then. And it's not Yellow Magic, it's BurningTyger.

I'm not saying you're blaming her at all, I'm agreeing with you about the part that there are bigger things to worry about.
author=ivoryjones
If she didn't fucking flash, maybe she wouldn't have to be blackmailed then.

She was like 13-years-old when she did that. And even if she was an adult that doesn't exactly excuse harassment.
author=ivoryjones
And it's not Yellow Magic, it's BurningTyger.

Eh. Fixed.

author=ivoryjones
If she didn't fucking flash, maybe she wouldn't have to be blackmailed then.

And yes, that's true, but you wouldn't exactly expect someone to go that far with it now, would you? When she did that she was obviously not thinking about it, but does it really matter about the fact that she flashed? I don't think so; it's more a case of the fact that she committed suicide instead.
Of course it doesn't excuse harrassment and never will, but if she had chosen not to do it, maybe she wouldn't end up in this kind of situation.
Pages: first 12 next last