TITLE TEXTBOX IN VX ACE

Pages: 1
How can I change the system set for the title in VX Ace?

Because this sucks:
http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/cgpkrd7c/unbenannt.png
What's that? I don't want any scripts, patches nor an animated title screen.
I just want another system set for the title screen. That's all...
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Without scripts, you can't import new "Systems" into Ace. You can change the window colour, however. In the Database, go to System and there's a blue box in the middle-ish. You can double click that and make the text windows a bit darker.

Other than that, I'm pretty certain your only hope is one of the scripts Sana suggested.
Just go to Graphics/System in your game folder and overwrite/replace/add the Window.png with your new system set file.
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
*gasp*

I was not aware this was possible! This will be very helpful to me too! :D
That would be THE solution!

I can still add new system sets and change them in-game, can't I?
author=Deacon Batista
I can still add new system sets and change them in-game, can't I?

You would need a script for that.
That's what I have so far (without using scripts or anything) after trying and trying:

I hope the system set will work in-game, too. Or wait, isn't there the possibility to use pictures as textboxes in-game? I always did that in RM 2003.
You can use pictures as textboxes if you know how to event them in (a lot like the way in 2k3) but that system set will work in-game. Of course there is a script out there (options menu) that allows you to change the window sets that you can use in-game. You can also event a window colour change in (it's on the last page of event choices. Sadly, though, there doesn't appear to be a change Window/system set option -_- ).
Still, if you know eventing you can work your way around it via pictures and whatnot.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
To change the window skin for a specific window (Window_TitleCommand), just put this line anywhere in the "def initialize" method.

self.windowskin = Cache.system("Title Skin")

(Where "Title Skin" is the name of any graphic in your Graphics/System folder.)

Example of how this would work in Window_TitleCommand:

class Window_TitleCommand < Window_Command
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Object Initialization
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def initialize
    super(0, 0)
    self.windowskin = Cache.system("Title Skin") # I PUT IT IN RIGHT HERE
    update_placement
    select_symbol(:continue) if continue_enabled
    self.openness = 0
    open
  end

You said "NO PATCHES NO SCRIPTS" but seriously, this is a single line of code. Don't be an obnoxious jerk about Ruby, since it's what's going to help you make exactly the game you want to make.
And is there an option to make pictures wave? Or is that feature missing, too?
Pages: 1