MAKER XP FONTS

Pages: 1
This seems like a crazy simple question, but how do I change the font in the scripting. I searched for the subclass of fonts, and the only one I found was for Script_Timer. Which class or whatever do I go to to change the font for the entire game?
Change Font.default_name to the font you want. You can also make it an array of font names so if it can't find one it will try the next until it finds one (or none and not show any text).
Font.default_name = ["Verdana", "Arial"]

for example.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
From the RMXP help file:
Font
The font class. Font is a property of the Bitmap class.

Superclass
Object

Class Methods
Font.new([name])
Creates a Font object.

Font.exist?(name)
Returns TRUE when the specified font exists within the system.

Properties
name
The font name. The default is "MS PGothic".

Include an array of strings to specify multiple fonts to be used in a desired order.

font.name = ["HGPGyoshotai", "MS PGothic"]

In this example, if the higher priority font HGPGyoshotai does not exist within the system, the second choice MS PGothic will be used instead.

size
The font size. The default is 22 points.

bold
The bold flag. The default is FALSE.

italic
The italic flag. The default is FALSE.

color
The font color (Color). Alpha values may also be used. The default is (255,255,255,255).

Class Properties
default_name
default_size
default_bold
default_italic
default_color

Change the default values for each component, to be applied to each new Font object.

Font.default_name = "MS PMincho"
Font.default_bold = true
Yes, but where? Do I make a new class for fonts, or do I go to some spot in the existing scripts to change the font, that's the question I'm trying to get answered.
Do I add it to Main? or do I add this somewhere else? The editor was kind enough to give us the script, but not the where?
Throw it in the main script after the begin.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If you're using custom scripts, some of them might specify their own fonts to use.

My recommendation is, after doing the above, to search all scripts for the word "font" and the word "Arial" and change every font you see to the one you want. You can search all scripts at once by right-clicking on the list of scripts on the left-hand side of the script window, and clicking Find.

Remember that the player has to have the font on their computer. If they don't, the text will be invisible. So if you're using any font that doesn't come with both Windows XP and Windows 7, you need to package it with your game. I created an installer for my game to install the font I use, but a more low-budget method is to just put your font in the game folder and tell the player to install it before playing the game (preferably in both a readme file and in giant bold red letters on the game page, because no one ever checks to see if games have readme files)
Pages: 1