HOW DIFFICULT TO REMAKE FINAL FANTASY 6?

Pages: 1
I've seen alot of games using sprites from Final Fantasy 6 but never have I see someone actually recreate parts of the game with newer graphics. Final Fantasy IV for the Psp looked stunning but kept the same gameplay from the original. If done the same way, how long and difficult would it be to recreate all of Final Fantasy 6?
It would certainy be a lengthly process. I came across someone's project in which they would create a FF6 game telling the events leading up to the original game. They planned on revamping all of the graphics (Though a little poorly done. it was just with resizing the tiles and applying an image effect to them.)

It's certainly possible, just expect a ton of work on your plate.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Final Fantasy VI took a professional team two years to make from start to finish, so to say it would at least take a couple of years is a reasonable guess.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Someone is doing this with FF7, only instead of improving the graphics they're redoing it in 16-bit, and their project is going on two years now I think. Recreating the gameplay faithfully is actually much more time consuming than making new gameplay.

If you actually make a higher quality graphics version of FF6 though, expect Square Enix's lawyers to come after you. Historically, they don't mind if fans make a worse game than the original, but they do mind if fans make a better one. They shut down a project exactly like your idea but for Chrono Trigger, if you recall.
Yeah, I remember that. a waste of oppertunity, and what did Squeenix do? re-release CT on DS with exactly the same graphics and soundchip, make FF13-2 and then tell us to piss off.

Though while we're on the subject, an 8-bit FF6 wouldn't go amiss :P
I love 8-bit, so an 8-bit FF6 would catch my interest. That said, if you do plan a remake of sorts, you should take care to make it unique. Trying a scene by scene remake with the same features would seem pointless. Altering the style, game play, and even story to make it your own may have some benefit.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
One of my project ideas I really really want to do some day, if I can find a good engine for it, is Final Fantasy 6 Tactics.
Recreating all the bugs and quirks in FFVI faithfully will probably be the hardest part.
There is also an 8-bit ff7 out there, its hard to find as its locked on a forum and you need like 15 posts to be able to download it, but it was actually pretty well done.
If you're interested in NES FF7 somebody is hacking the Chinese FF7 cart to make it not-suck and actually resemble FF7! Authentic NES / Emulators, not the usual lazy facsimile.

author=kentona
Recreating all the bugs and quirks in FFVI faithfully will probably be the hardest part.

If you can't kill Kefka with the Joker Doom glitch then it isn't FF6!
Pages: 1