RAINFALL: THE SOJOURN KICKSTARTER AD !

Pages: first 123456 next last
Kickstarter | Website | Twitter |

Hello!

just posting my Kickstarter advertisement over here, in this quiet quiet sub forum. It's a bit over due really but it's going pretty well!

I like the setup of the kickstarter ad there so please click the link!

You're welcome to spread the links around yourself too >_>

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Looks really nice. Good luck!
The best thing about this product is it's been showing the same three screenshots for a year.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
it hasn't existed for a year
YDS
member of the bull moose party
dont be a NOOb, ghost invest ed in a time machine

helps to build awareness before the game was started
your website hyperlink is bad
@Craze

Thx man, really appreciate it.

@Sixe

Thanks, fixed!

@Chana

Praised be to Yevon.
The game looks pretty awesome so far.
Love the artwork, and sprites! Simply fantastic~ :D (I'd back this if I weren't so broke.. DX)
So where is my banner?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Nice, you're almost there!
@Craze

Yeah it's steadily getting there at a nice rate haha.

@Kentona

*Nod Nod

I'll pm you the banner buddy.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
This artwork is gorgeous but I'm seeing the same issue here I saw with Rainbow Nightmare: where's the game? You have lots of great art and I don't doubt you have ideas but... your video is just a monologue about what you want to make. There's not even any in-game footage. Just a lot of images that look like they may as well be Photoshop mock-ups. No demo, no prototype, no nothing.

Show us this engine of yours! This is a game dev site, I'm sure lots of people want to see it! If you want to attract investors, don't tell them what you want to do, show them what you've already done so they know you're a good investment!

Good luck with this, seems ambitious.

@Solitayre

Kickstarter is not all about end-of-development products or whatever. If I were to show you gameplay, it'll just be mock gameplay and I'm determined to show ACTUAL gameplay instead. I'm tempted to do that, it'll probably satisfy people but I rather not. The screens (and future screens) will all be areas in the game. They aren't Photoshop mock ups either Solitayre, there are actual tiles for every screen as well as additional sprites.

I don't mind showing screens of various parts of the game or new areas in general. But I chose to not display gameplay that misrepresents the game, we'll show more gameplay when the engine and game is more further developed. We'll get there!

Kickstarter is also a website where you can pitch your ideas, the ad is a concept video. I got a few friends and new faces and I wanted to go ahead and push the idea before life happens and the game loses steam. I presented an overall sense of sound, visual, and general story concept. There will be updates that show progression in the near future.

The truth is we're just not there yet. That is exactly why the goal is far lower then other games in comparison. I did not feel comfortable for outright asking for 10+k (which we could really use) without actually showing some real in-depth gameplay. I was prepared to take the burden of the costs until then but we've been getting lots of support.

I've been emailed many times already from backers who concerned that we were asking for to little.

Many of the team members are enthusiasts just like you. Only a select few have actually been compensated (fairly) and I felt that needed to change. I took my time building a small, intelligent, talented, and dedicated team.

I hope I cleared up somethings up. As always, if you have any specific questions I'm pretty easy to get a hold of (PM, Email, etc).

TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
author=Solitayre
This artwork is gorgeous but I'm seeing the same issue here I saw with Rainbow Nightmare: where's the game?

I respect your opinion, dude, but I would appreciate it if you didn't bunch up my own game that has actual gameplay vs 3 mockups and literal vaporware. It's incredibly insulting to the work I've done. Thanks.

author=Jude
The best thing about this product is it's been showing the same three screenshots for a year.
author=TFT
author=Solitayre
This artwork is gorgeous but I'm seeing the same issue here I saw with Rainbow Nightmare: where's the game?
I respect your opinion, dude, but I would appreciate it if you didn't bunch up my own game that has actual gameplay vs 3 mockups and literal vaporware. It's incredibly insulting to the work I've done. Thanks.

Lol, I have a lot to say to you but I'll be the bigger man as always. I don't think you'll ever change.

Good luck with your ad and life bro.

Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
author=TFT
author=Solitayre

that's a nice thing to say to the guy who made your game's blog for you and fixed it 1000 times out of the goodness of his digital heart just to help get you motivated to work on your game, as well as reblogged RN for you. better blast him publically xD
Happy
Devil's in the details
I'm liking the music Alex Roe has composed for this so far. The melody instruments feel very lively (especially love the violin in the boss battle theme.) Sol E Chuva and Stillness Everlasting have very pleasant feel to them, too.
I'm curious how you found him to compose for you. Recommendation through Shnabubula/YDS, perhaps?

The sprites are very polished too, as well as the levels, and everything else. My only complaints are that the unshaded clothing in the main character's design looks a bit weird as well as the ceiling thing in the middle of the ice cavern screenshot, but generally this project has very nice atmosphere to it.

Good luck with everything!

*sits back to wait his preorder*

author=Happy
I'm liking the music Alex Roe has composed for this so far. The melody instruments feel very lively (especially love the violin in the boss battle theme.) Sol E Chuva and Stillness Everlasting have very pleasant feel to them, too.
I'm curious how you found him to compose for you. Recommendation through Shnabubula/YDS, perhaps?

The sprites are very polished too, as well as the levels, and everything else. My only complaints are that the unshaded clothing in the main character's design looks a bit weird as well as the ceiling thing in the middle of the ice cavern screenshot, but generally this project has very nice atmosphere to it.

Good luck with everything!

*sits back to wait his preorder*

I contacted Alex myself, he was interested in the game concept himself so it wasn't really through connections. He was wrapping up a few things from an old project and I guess I asked him at a perfect time.

I should probably mention Shnabubula, YDS, and I (and a few others) all talk with each other all the time. It's a nice experience really as YDS's game is coming a long and the soundtrack is KILLER.

Shnabubula sometimes (probably all the time lol) hears the RF music before me as him and Alex are really close friends.

Might actually take a look at Talyssa's sprite design and add a few bells and whistles. The cieling thing in the Ice Cavern is well, it looks weird once you imagine it as flooring haha (you can't get rid of that image).

Thanks for backing the game, really appreciated it!
Pages: first 123456 next last