RAINFALL: THE SOJOURN KICKSTARTER AD !

Heh, I kind of figured this would happen, considering the turnout of his past hobby projects. But I sincerely hoped that money being involved in the equation would whip him into shape.

Guess not.
This is why I get irritated when the little guys like us take to kickstarter.
author=UPRC
This is why I get irritated when the little guys like us take to kickstarter.

i don't think it's that. some of us know how to manage a project and some of us don't. unfortunately separating the two is sort of difficult, especially on a semi-closed site like kickstarter where negative criticism is blocked out via a paywall. a good manager offers facts, statistics, and an overall project plan. most importantly, a good manager keeps their backers UPDATED.

i think a big problem is that it looks like the thing is being coded from scratch??? psy_wombats is still working on stuff, but man, if that's the case, it's going to be sloooow, and slow periods are the truest test of whether a kickstarter results in delivery success or delivery failure. you NEED to keep your backers updated, especially during slow periods.

as it is, i'll see if i can get in touch somehow.
Man, It's just so depressing reading the comments in that Kickstarter campaign. That is one thing I don't like about Kickstarter. It's that the projects there have a chance of never bearing fruit.
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
i did not see this coming. i am very shocked. it must be a mistake.......................................................

give it a signal boost.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
It's really sad to read the comments of all those disappointed backers who will probably never get the game or their money back.

Welp
It might get finished. Sure it looks bad, but it's not certain.
three mockup screenshots, which were commissioned as complete pictures and aren't actually from any kind of game-in-progress, and a lot of commissioned artwork. he's taken the money and ran.

the rpg maker kickstarter guarantee!
Problem is, everytime this happens, it looks bad on everyone else. You see a project in the future that you think "Hey, I might back that" and you immediately remember the disasters that came before
A friend of mine who backed the project showed me the recent backer only update regarding the status of the project. I'm not gonna post the entire thing(It's stupidly long-), but I'll just summarize;

Basically the project languished as two key team members failed to perform up to project standards and they eventually left. Things went downhill from there and ultimately, since their work couldn't feasibly be replaced, the project was deemed dead and canceled.

So yes. It's dead and gone. DE wins the prize.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
What sickens me about all these dumb rpgmaker kick starters is that the games they put up look no better from the good NON-PROFIT rm games. I can't understand what people are thinking with these.
But then you might as well question why the good rm games are free. It's perfectly fine if someone is asking for money for a really good RPG Maker game, isn't it?
I'm surprised anything ever gets funded on Kickstarter. 90% of these things seems to be scams or really stupid shit like automatic banana peelers that nobody in their right mind would buy.
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
dude was a fraud from the start. it's so delicious to see all these derps who backed him feel entitled or shocked because they spent 20k on 2 mockups rotating in a video.

ghost is and always will be, just some poser who is too lazy and uncreative to produce anything, even with financial backing. the best part is him trying to blame the artist and the music guy. too much of a coward to take the blame. what a scumlord.

he should probably stick with rtp games, that is probably within his creative range.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?s=394001a69a48d828c06366d58c453ed8&p=25520799#post25520799

you'll get a kick out of this, de.

author=Skie Fortress
Basically the project languished as two key team members failed to perform up to project standards and they eventually left. Things went downhill from there and ultimately, since their work couldn't feasibly be replaced, the project was deemed dead and canceled.

the musician and the artist, specifically, since lord knows you totally need to have all your assets in line for the first 95% of the game
author=Skie Fortress
Basically the project languished as two key team members failed to perform up to project standards and they eventually left.

Does this mean ghost is unsatisfied with their works and because of that, they left?
What a pity. :<

I'd given some advice about managing this - looks like Ghost got too wrapped up and didn't have a plan fleshed out or the recourse for members leaving (if losing two members means their work can't be replaced you're at their mercy and they don't have ANY responsibility - that's scary!)

Lack of updates and communication means the second half of my post also likely came true - stress and fear and panic. Hope Ghost gets back to responding and talking about what happened and what they can do, since leaving the backers without communication and honest answers on where the money and project are is only going to make things worse over time.
author=eplipswich
author=Skie Fortress
Basically the project languished as two key team members failed to perform up to project standards and they eventually left.
Does this mean ghost is unsatisfied with their works and because of that, they left?

No, it means they weren't meeting deadlines, losing interest, doing other things, etc, etc. Their work was apparently fantastic. Just no motivation or coordination. *shrug*

I will say though, that ghost was apologetic and didn't shy away from the blame on his part. He knows he failed as well, but he was explaining what happened behind the scenes.
Hi I'm Alex, the guy that was the composer for Rainfall. I managed to read the update recently and I am fairly annoyed by some of the comments. I literally do not have anywhere else to say my side of the story besides my facebook page. I did not back the project so I cannot comment or reach out to the backers.

First off I want to say I haven't been easy to work with this year. I'm not going to lie about that, if I was making a game I would be annoyed at me. I've dealt with a lot this year, including health problems.

There was hardly anything to work with and as mawk basically said, you need to have some game to get your assets in place. I was not being paid by the way and I was very easily replaceable. There is not much besides what you hear on the kickstarter that I made. I found it very difficult to work for Ghost, I get why he said some of the things he did but I found it hard to write music for his game, his vision. As much as I like to see game builds and art, I love to read the script or the story (which there was hardly much of) for inspiration, that's very important to me, especially for an RPG with a story. I'm very competent in what I do and I'm confident in my work, but this was hard to judge. I write some SNES music and things but I mostly write orchestral music, something Ghost was not keen on and besides one SNES track he heard of mine I don't think he really knew any of my other material. I was really down in the Spring about all of this and I lost my passion for music big time, so I quit in June because I did not want to be a burden. I was almost begged to stay and that I could not be replaced, I tried to tell myself to not lose opportunities and I agreed to come back when I found my passion again and that I could not do the sound effects - I wasn't being paid, this is a big task.

As time went on I started to get my passion back and said I would get back to work around September when I got an email that work was happening, there was a new spriter and there would be bi-weekly updates. This was encouraging. But then there was nothing. Around October I was offered the opportunity for a job in the new year if I trained for it, it was a no brainer considering my financial circumstances and I - perhaps too suddenly - quit the game again. Ghost replied with his frustration but told me there and then the game was going to be cancelled. I kept that to myself and waited for Ghost to announce his plans and update his backers himself.

I feel really bad about everything and for everyone who backed the game. I hope that they may get some compensation. And I must stress - I did not take a penny of that money. I'm not a saint and was not nearly as supportive as I could have been, but I was not happy and I could not continue. I may have rambled a bit but I had to tell some of this somewhere.