PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
So Obama has won the elections :D

Reactions :
Good luck with that. We've already witnessed four years of economic disappointment. Prepare for another four years.
I was hoping for this outcome.
Congrats to any Americans here on electing the lesser of two evils. No matter how much the ruling class favored Romney, and how much money was poured into his campaign, the average American citizen saw him for the dirt bag he was.

The Republican party's descent into irrelevance continues.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
author=Nightowl
I dunno, but the republican Mormon guy seems like a douche.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
At the end of the day, at least that's a few less lives lost to ancient ideals. Pretty excited about it.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not trying to be depressing, there's just a lot more to be done. This is merely a first step! I am hesitantly excited :D
This outcome pleases me. Romney has shown time and time again during his campaign that he is unfit to rule. I'd call him a sellout, but I'm afraid I would offend sellouts if I did that.

I'm actually curious to see how a second term Obama will work. Now that he doesn't have to worry about winning the next election, he can piss off the right people. He's gone into his final form. Time will tell if that will have any impact. At least we know who's going to be in charge when a large portion of the supreme court retires.

Also, has anyone else seen Donald Trump's descent into madness on Twitter? He's gone from saying that no matter who wins, we have to work together to save the country to calling for a revolution.

author=Donald Trump, before the election
Whoever wins today, remember that tomorrow we still have a country struggling. Our work is not done until America is strong again.

author=Donald Trump, after the election
We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

And youn say this right after saying we should collaboratewih whoever wins. I would lose some of my respect for you, if I had any left.

author=But wait, there's more
Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.

If by "us" you mean you and Mitt Romney, yes, we are. But I think you didn't mean it that way. We are certainly not laughing at your country. We're glad you chosse the moderate right-wing candidate instead of the extremist, at least in Europe. European politics are much more left leaning that over there. Actually, it's more like the the other way around.

author=And again...
This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!

Quit being a sore loser, asshole! I guess the democracy only works when your side wins...

author=Ugh...
Our country is now in serious and unprecedented trouble...like never before.

author=Oh, look at this one.
The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

At least we agree on something. But I have a feeling that if Romney won you'd be saying the electoral college is one of democracy's greatest assets.

author=I'm starting to pity him...
Hopefully the House of Representatives can hold our country together for four more years...stay strong and never give up!

author=Seriously, someone lock him up somewhere where he can get help.
House of Representatives shouldn't give anything to Obama unless he terminates Obamacare.

Really... And now you're yet again saying that the correct course of action is to make Obama's life harder out of thinly disguised spite. Real classy. Also, the rest of the civilized world sees health care as one of the marks of a developed country and so far the US have been shameful on that front. Obamacare at least is a step in the right direction. I'm so sorry that part of the helth care of those subhuman beings known as poor people will have to come out of your pocket, but we all have to make sacrifices, even demigods.

I wish I could punch him.
Wow, Donald Trump sure is a wiener. That's pretty ridiculous for a guy in that position.

Anyways I think the right man won. (Although it has no connection to me, as I happily live here in EU) congrats for that.
This is good news, for now, but I'm already worrying about the next U.S. election. Obama's still got a platter of Bush's shit to sort out before the economically uneducated will be satisfied with his performance, and if he isn't successful, the Republican party has a good chance of taking the next one.

Why is that worse than now? Because after this loss, I believe the Republicans are going to think "Romney wasn't Conservative enough, and we need someone more in line with the Republican principles", thus the next candidate could be even worse than Bush. When that happens, we're all fucked. Like, the whole world.
Just wait for Sanatorum's Sloppy Seconds!

author=Ark

This is me last night and this morning. The fallout is hilarious and I am enjoying every second of it.
author=sbester
This is good news, for now, but I'm already worrying about the next U.S. election. Obama's still got a platter of Bush's shit to sort out before the economically uneducated will be satisfied with his performance, and if he isn't successful, the Republican party has a good chance of taking the next one.

Why is that worse than now? Because after this loss, I believe the Republicans are going to think "Romney wasn't Conservative enough, and we need someone more in line with the Republican principles", thus the next candidate could be even worse than Bush. When that happens, we're all fucked. Like, the whole world.

Well, then it will be 12 years ago that the last Republican has won. 12 more years for minorities too grow and make it even harder for Republicans. (In case somebody didn't know: if it weren't for non-white people in the US, Obama would have never won.)

Conservative Candidate = EZ Win for Hillary Clinton 2016
author=Itaju
(In case somebody didn't know: if it weren't for non-white people in the US, Obama would have never won.)

Yep. The Republican Party is the party of rich, racist white men; a rapidly dwindling demographic.
Meanwhile, the Democrat party is the party of soft touch, sellout diplomacy. They're a little more populist than the Republicans, but big money controls them too.

I think in 2016, we actually may see the beginnings of a genuine third party (or a replacement 2nd party).
I was so happy, I was leaning much more towards Obama than Romney. Though, if I had it my way, Gary Johnson would've won.
author=Dyhalto
I think in 2016, we actually may see the beginnings of a genuine third party (or a replacement 2nd party).

I heard something like that in 2004. And in 2008, too. I'd love it to be true, though.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Glad the populace realised healthcare was this important: VERY IMPORTANT. Indeed, hoping for the sake of you Americans that Obamacare's taken to the next level. Godspeed, y'all.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
author=Dyhalto

If it happens at all, it would be a replacement second party: I don't see us evvvveeeerr having a 3'rd political hat in the ring. If anything the whole of the Republican party might have to reform and become something completely different from what it is now.
Best odds are for a real conservative Party (forming from right-wing Republicans like Tea-Party-People) or more middle-right Party like the Libertarians.

Anyway. It will turn out that if there will be three partys and two of them are more conservative or progressive the third always rejoices. This is the risk and will always be, unless the States would change their election system to a more European style (but they won't, they are too proud of their historical stuff. they will always keep that stupid imperial measure system).
I don't see that happening any time soon. I think we'll be gridlocked with this two party disaster for many more years to come. This won't change until someone can figure out how to educate the ignorant, self-entitled masses.

author=Dyhalto
author=Itaju
(In case somebody didn't know: if it weren't for non-white people in the US, Obama would have never won.)
Yep. The Republican Party is the party of rich, racist white men; a rapidly dwindling demographic.
Meanwhile, the Democrat party is the party of soft touch, sellout diplomacy. They're a little more populist than the Republicans, but big money controls them too.

The republicans need to reform. When they have the likes of Todd Akin and Sarah Palin associated with them, it's rather hard to take them seriously on any issue.

author=Isrieri
author=Dyhalto
If it happens at all, it would be a replacement second party: I don't see us evvvveeeerr having a 3'rd political hat in the ring. If anything the whole of the Republican party might have to reform and become something completely different from what it is now.