RAGNADYN LITE?

Pages: 1
I need only the no MP death feature of the plugin Ragnadyn. The other features messes up quite a lot my game. Is there available a version with only that feature? If there isn't, is it easy to create, some one can do it without a great effort?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I have no idea what Ragnadyn is, but I can have a 0MP KO script for you by tomorrow. I've done it before, I just need to pull the code out of an old project.

EDIT: uh wait what engine is this for?
How do you remember your username?
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
You go from D to L and backward to D, at least on a french keyboard.
author=Craze
I have no idea what Ragnadyn is, but I can have a 0MP KO script for you by tomorrow. I've done it before, I just need to pull the code out of an old project.

haha 2k3

and I think the main difference on a french keyboard is the symbols, letters are still the same. at least on french canadian ones :P
author=Link_2112
author=Craze

haha 2k3

Yes, that's true. RPG Maker 2003.
If you can do it, you'll save me and my poor game. Thank you.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
um lol i assumed this was for ace

i have not touched 2k3 since roughly 2007
Can I have a 0MP script then?
author=Craze
um lol i assumed this was for ace

i have not touched 2k3 since roughly 2007

So you cannot do it. :,(
Thank you in any case.
If no one else know how to do it, i'll simply have to renounce...
Ask the RagnaDyn programmer (or Cherry). Also, ask one of those to make a version that you can customize using the DynRpg.ini so you can actually choose what number skill these statuses go to (the numbers mentioned are filled with other things).

Currently if you have anything already on status 41 or 42, you're screwed.
I've never tried to code anything in the battle system, but looking at the commands isn't it already possible to get a 0MP condition trigger? using the "Call Common Event" command you could call an event that uses a variable operations command to get current HP and MP, nothing else in the common event. then you use a conditional branch to check if MP is 0 and inflict death.

the DBS sucks, I'd never use it.
That is a hundred percent possible without a plugin. Ive made several similar triggers in that way.
I managed to do that with the events, but it's tremendously long because I must do it for each character and for each monster. I should repeat the same process for too many times. Or is it possible to create it only once and use it many times?
You're doing it for each monster, too? Regardless, it shouldn't be that long of an event. Something like this.

>Set Variable "MP" to Hero1
>Conditional Branch if "MP" = 0
>>Inflict Death

Then cycle through for each hero and monster. You can even use the same variable, it shouldn't matter. Set an event trigger that will always be true, like "Party Exhaustion, 0 to 100%", so that the event will always be checking for anyone or thing with no mp.

After looking at the DBS commands, call common event isn't necessary. And since you can set variables to equal monster MP, you should be able to compact the code neatly into one battle event.

You'll have to copy paste battle events no matter what. That is unavoidable when working with the DBS. A plugin for this would be rather pointless when the code using default rm2k3 commands is rather simple.
author=drenrin2120
You're doing it for each monster, too? Regardless, it shouldn't be that long of an event. Something like this.

>>Inflict Death

Then cycle through for each hero and monster. You can even use the same variable, it shouldn't matter. Set an event trigger that will always be true, like "Party Exhaustion, 0 to 100%", so that the event will always be checking for anyone or thing with no mp.

After looking at the DBS commands, call common event isn't necessary. And since you can set variables to equal monster MP, you should be able to compact the code neatly into one battle event.

You'll have to copy paste battle events no matter what. That is unavoidable when working with the DBS. A plugin for this would be rather pointless when the code using default rm2k3 commands is rather simple.

Wow, i'm so stupid. It's much more simple than i thaught. Thank you so much for solving my problem and thank you all for the attention and patience. See you soon.
author=drenrin2120

>>Inflict Death

You'd probably want to do that through a common event, though. Any sort of battle customization, is usually:

Turn 1x (every turn)
Call Event: BattleConditions (or whatever you name it)

This means copy pasting is basically a one-shot, unless you later add more common events, and you can edit the CE once, instead of every single battle event (this becomes a hassle with 100 or more of them.

Could someone do some serious editing of RagnaDyn? The 0 MP thing is easy (and for my purposes, unnecessary), and what I'd actually like to see is a Friend/Enemy target system, and a Zombie status.

Nvm, this post is old.
Pages: 1