FORUM FIRE EMBLEM - I'VE TEMPORARILY TAKEN OVER

Pages: first 12 next last
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
Unfortunately, as some of you may no, Jeroen_Sol was using a forum to make a Fan Fire Emblem adventure, but has lost his ability to use VX Ace (Trial ended). We, as dedicated gamers, have a couple of options.
  • Fund Sol
  • Find a new person to make the game
  • Or never be able to play Forum Fire Emblem again (sob)

Obviously, the 2nd choice is the most likely. I would like to say though, that if Sol ends up solving this problem himself, he can always continue his own. I wouldn't mind having two at the same time. The requirements for the position are:
  • VX Ace (Full version)
  • Fire Emblem Script
  • Some Free Time
  • Fire Emblem Knowledge
  • Screenshot Tool (theres a lot of them)
  • There might be something else I think of later, but I think this is everything

I hope this goes somewhere!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
My trial ending is merely one of the problems I'm having. Now a lite version of Ace is up, the trial ending isn't really all that much of a problem in the first place. However, irl can be a bitch, so yeah...

I have no trouble with someone taking over my game until I sort things out. (which might take a while... -.-) I'll send the necessary data when someone steps up to take the place.

Requirements would be something like this:
  • VX, VX Ace, or any other software that allows you to make maps like these:
  • The battle formulas of Fire emblem 7 (can be found on the fire emblem wiki)
  • Free time (Applying formulas with 8 battles per turn will take a LONG time. Be warned ;) )
  • Preferably having played one or two fire emblem games to know what storyline events are plausible
  • A print screen button or any other screen capturing tool
  • A fair share of sadism. We don't want to give the players an easy ride >:)
  • Nobody who's playing the game (on the waiting list is fine) should host the game.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I would like to see the continuation of the Fire Emblem forum game if, for no other reason, than to see how Isihara Oharu develops in that world.

Saying that, the only bullet points that Jeroen_Sol lists that I don't have is previous experience with Fire Emblem and, well, free time. That's always a tricky one to predict!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I don't think it would be a good idea if anyone playing was hosting the game too, tbh, which would rule you out, Marrend. Thanks for the offer, though.
Blobofgoo
I would do it myself on rm2k3, but I don't have the AI for the enemies. Everything else I think I could handle.
Jeroen_Sol
Ah, that's what you meant by Fire emblem script.
You don't actually need an AI for the enemies. You can come up with your own.
A few algorythms I've been using:

• Move max range towards nearest enemy and attack if possible.

• Wait, but move in and attack if possible.

• Wait, only attack if enemy is next to you.

• Check all targets in range and attack the one you can deal most damage too.(likely due to weapon triangle.)

You can also use a combination of multiple, like: Wait, but move in and attack the player you can deal most damage to if possible.
If you're really evil you can also strategically line up the enemies, making even harder on the players, but you can make a hard battle using just these rules. Just make sure not to change the AI of an enemy halfway through the battle, except with bosses, as that's confusing.
Blobofgoo
So, do you actually let the engine run the AI. Or do you move the enemies yourself. Also, I still need fire emblem charsets or sprites.
Jeroen_Sol
You move them yourself. You're not actually running the game or anything. You're just dragging the events to other places. The main reason I used rpgmaker is the grid, and running the game would kinda defeat that purpose. :/

I can send you the website with the rips as well as the sprites I've already changed into .png format, like you asked, that won't be a problem whatsoever.
When I have a little more time I'll tell you all you need to know to start battle 2.
Blobofgoo
Oh. Thats a lot easier. This is toatally doable now.

Edit: I looked more in depth at the forum game. It's really complicated. It would take a lot of time. I don't know. I think I'll try to do at least 1 battle. What confuses me is how you do chance. For example, hit chance and crit chance. It doesn't make sense to me.
Jeroen_Sol
There are formulas for hit and crit chance too. I just calculate what the chance is, then use a random number generator set between 1 and 100 to determine whether the move is a success or not. If the number exceeds the calculated probability, the move fails. If the number is equal to or smaller than the calculated probability, the move succeeds.
I only played two Fire Emblem games on the GBA (and didn't even finish them), but I'm willing to throw in my support for this just because I like strategy RPGs.
Blobofgoo
Blobofgoo
As you can see, I have made progress on getting this running again. I have all of the preperations ready except one. I can't figure out how to change my map into an image to post. I seem to recall a program that there is a program for this purpose, but I can't find it. Any input is obliged. I'm so close!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Press the print screen button on your keyboard bro

then open MS Paint and go to edit > paste
Blobofgoo
My screen is extremely small. It would cut off the map.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well, that's why you have to do it multiple times, and then put them together.
^Also if you can have a map that fits the forum's message box perfectly, I'd appreciate it :)
Blobofgoo
Here's a test map. Obviously in RM2k3. I did use some rips though. I may expand it... (I used microsoft snipping tool)
Blobofgoo
Any feedback...
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Hrm. That bridge... I would think that the land masses would have a higher elevation for it to make more sense. I dunno. Maybe that's just me.
Pages: first 12 next last