BARKLEY 2 KICKSTARTER

I couldn't get into the original, and never saw its appeal. I'd be more inclined to support a kickstarter to pay them NOT to do this, in the hope of preventing "Oh wow, Barkley 2!" from taking attention away from other projects that might deserve it more.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
author=sixe
im just sad that i was never a part of gamingw

it was a lot of fun..back in the day

author=Killer Wolf
I couldn't get into the original, and never saw its appeal. I'd be more inclined to support a kickstarter to pay them NOT to do this, in the hope of preventing "Oh wow, Barkley 2!" from taking attention away from other projects that might deserve it more.

that isn't how it works but okay... whichever projects you don't feel deserve it shouldn't be there
author=Ciel
it was a lot of fun..back in the day

Eh. It had its moments.

author=Ciel
that isn't how it works but okay... whichever projects you don't feel deserve it shouldn't be there

I'm not saying it shouldn't be there because I don't like it, I'm just saying I don't like it and I would be inclined to bribe people not to make it instead of encouraging the perpetuation of the same, unfunny, jokes for a whole new game.

As it stands, I would still rather see something like that get funded over some of the other travesties out there.

To each his own, it just isn't my cup of tea.
I thoroughly enjoyed the first game and I'm elated to see their Kickstarter blow past their goal. I actually read about it in Twitter, and I'm glad to see its actually moving forward.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
While I will start by saying I definitely grew to dislike the guys behind this, in their sort of round-about ways of being dicks...
However, I enjoyed the beginning of Barkley. There was a tongue-in-cheek humour there that fit perfectly, and the basketball rpg theme was a good gag in itself.
Barkley 1 in its two forms wasn't perfect by a longshot, but it was a solid game and deserves cred for all the buzz and fans it amassed over the years.
These guys making a sequel deserve to work for $, and their sequel should be commercial. From what little they've shown, you can already tell there game has reached another level.
I say Kudos to these guys, and good luck in the future projects.
lol this is the only place where people will dislike the game. Not necessarily because of the game itself but for the game's hype (look up the term "gone viral" please) or the GW culture.

The biggest surprise for me is how drastically different the game is from the last. Sadly this is considered MAVERICK GAME MAKING by indie standards. And on top of that the game at its core looks finished, the rest just seems a matter of further content and time. Best of luck goes to them.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=Darken
The biggest surprise for me is how drastically different the game is from the last. Sadly this is considered MAVERICK GAME MAKING by indie standards. And on top of that the game at its core looks finished, the rest just seems a matter of further content and time. Best of luck goes to them.

All the game art is some steampunk white guy.
I wonder where Barkley is hiding, waiting to dunk some chaos...?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Darken
lol this is the only place where people will dislike the game. Not necessarily because of the game itself but for the game's hype (look up the term "gone viral" please) or the GW culture.

my name is darken my only reason for being at rmn is to bitch about how everybody here is a fucking peasant
seems like yall are jammin with the rest instead of slammin with the best
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
You know, I think this game might share canon with Homestuck
author=Craze
Darken
my name is darken my only reason for being at rmn is to bitch about how everybody here is a fucking peasant

and you never did this.... ok i guess i stole your job or something
to this day I still don't understand targ
I think only people who use 2k3 are peasants
I don't either Kentona.

Still, it hasn't stopped my enjoyment of the original thus far. I've been playing it on the Mac Port that occurred recently.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
WTFAUST???
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=Link_2112
I think only people who use 2k3 are peasants

I'm a peasant? Huh, who knew.
author=WIP
WTFAUST???

HELLOWIP!!!!!:D!!
How the hell is this game even legal? Couldn't Charles Barkley sue the shit out of them for this?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
Charles Barkley's name doesn't appear anywhere on the kickstarter page.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I see a lot of Gaming World hatred circling this thread... I wish I would have been there.

What's the status of this thing?