BARKLEY 2 KICKSTARTER

This is a perfectly legit kickstarter. Go bitch about the others.
author=Billwilliams
This is a perfectly legit kickstarter. Go bitch about the others.

Oh yeah nevermind the use of licensed material, aside from that and all the popculture references it's a perfectly legit kickstarter
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
please point out all use of license material and pop culture references. OR:::: Do you think you know more than true-doom murderhead lawyers?
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I'm still waiting for the anime varsity spiritual sequel Berkeley: Shut Up And Jam, Desu
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
please point out all use of license material and pop culture references. OR:::: Do you think you know more than true-doom murderhead lawyers?

The use of Barkley's name maybe? They've been very sly about it and used his name as little as possible on their Kickstarter, but it's still in the game itself.
Oh my god. You can bet that if I had any money at all I would be donating some of it to this. This is fantastic.

I wish them the best luck possible with this project. Barkley is probably one of my favourite indie games of all time, I would have never imagined that a sequel would ever get made.

author=JustRob
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
The use of Barkley's name maybe? They've been very sly about it and used his name as little as possible on their Kickstarter, but it's still in the game itself.

This is probably why it isn't called Shut Up and Jam anywhere in the title. The dude's name isn't copyrighted.
author=MrCharlesMugford
Oh my god. You can bet that if I had any money at all I would be donating some of it to this. This is fantastic.

I wish them the best luck possible with this project. Barkley is probably one of my favourite indie games of all time, I would have never imagined that a sequel would ever get made.

author=JustRob
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

This is probably why it isn't called Shut Up and Jam anywhere in the title. The dude's name isn't copyrighted.

I'm pretty sure there's a law somewhere that says you can't make videogames and make money off of famous people's names and appearance without their permission.
That's also why his name/appearance is absolutely nowhere in the kickstarter and probably not in the game either. I doubt Tales of Games is that freaking stupid. It's connection to first game appears to be through the Cyberdwarf, i.e. not Charles Barkley and not something they could be sued over.

We are being incredibly careful about copyrights - we've talked to lawyers and have been given the okay. Everything we're doing is completely legal; we're not using ripped art and assets this time around and you'll notice we've been very careful about throwing around Charles Barkley's name!!
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=JustRob
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

What are you basing this on? Nothing? Is it nothing?
Considering it's a sequel to Charles Barkley: Shut up and Jam Gaiden, his name has to be in the game.
author=JustRob
Considering it's a sequel to Charles Barkley: Shut up and Jam Gaiden, his name has to be in the game.

gg no re
Maybe a more proper way to say it these days is to say it's a "Spinoff". It retains some stuff from the original and mentioning someone's name in passing is not illegal. (though they can always put in the "any relation to actual persons living or dead is purely coincidental")

You just seem not to want to admit to being wrong in your first assumption and now you are just trying to keep up the facade even though you know you are wrong.
author=Shinan
Maybe a more proper way to say it these days is to say it's a "Spinoff". It retains some stuff from the original and mentioning someone's name in passing is not illegal. (though they can always put in the "any relation to actual persons living or dead is purely coincidental")

You just seem not to want to admit to being wrong in your first assumption and now you are just trying to keep up the facade even though you know you are wrong.

That's ridiculous
So is assuming that TOGs doesn't know what copyright law is even though they blatantly mention that they've already taken care of it
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=JustRob
They could be bluffing

i'm sure that would work out in the long-term for them. why are you so insistent that charles barkley's name in this game when they have said that it is not in this game (this would be very easy lie to expose!!!)

the game is not about charles barkley. it is about hoopz barkley.
Well I doubt anybody who played the game would call them out on copyright infringement if it was there
Then please explain how anything you said has a point at all
as a person who didn't like the first barkley game...

please stop trying to make controversy, justrob.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
can't I just buy their sprite artist

those are some sick pixels