HOW CAN I MAKE A HP/FOOD/WATER/ETC. BAR (RM2K3)

Pages: 1
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
I've toyed around with this for a while. I know it is possible to make bars because I've seen it done. The bars need to work on a timer (deplete 10 times in 30 second incrimants). I have come with one way that involves 10 pictures per bar, but this would be very inconvenient and take a ton of pics (about 90). This will go in the top right corner and the bars are horizontal.
I would say that the only easier way is to have the meter snug up against the edge of the screen and use the move picture command to push the picture of the full meter offscreen. that would make it appear to decreasing while using 1 picture/ID for each meter.

other than that you would have to use many pictures or many picture IDs. it's not inconvenient, though. just takes time and effort like anything else you would code.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You just got this game idea a couple weeks ago, so I know for a fact that this is a brand new project that you haven't gotten anywhere with yet. So the "easy" answer is to do it in XP or VX or Ace. RM2K3 is perfectly fine when everything you want to do is stuff that RM2K3 can do. But the more complex editors are better at more complex features.

In XP/VX/Ace, all you have to do is download a script that shows a bar for a resource. There are surely tons of scripts like that. I've used scripts that display HP/MP bars, and it would be trivial to change an MP bar script to a food bar script.

Also, this should be in Help Requests. Since it's a request for technical help, not design opinions.
Do this in a better maker.
i would have an event that constantly checks status of all bar info and displays and adjusts pictures accordingly.

look how other rm games do it. reverse engineer that shit. dive in. learn something.

'use better maker' is a throwaway comment.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Instead of saying "LÅL FAEGUT USE ER-PEE-GII MEKR VX ACE IT R SO MUCH BETR," I'm going to take a screenshot of Ahriman's Prophecy's HP bar system.

Go figure how it works. Doesn't take a MIT graduate to figure it out.

Pages: 1