SEYKEN

Pages: first prev 12 last
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
yeah, i think it's hilarious because it's true. he's a fraud and he knows it(you know it too), i wouldn't even say anything if i didn't have some grounds for it. i guess i should pat him on the back like you do.

keep circle jerking, bro. i am awful for exploiting a dirtbag. i think i am going to go cry. how will i ever sleep at night. your words cut so deep, i ... -gulp-

I've seen worse blatant rip-offs of character styles.

See: Terraria characters.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
author=TFT
yeah, i think it's hilarious because it's true. he's a fraud and he knows it(you know it too), i wouldn't even say anything if i didn't have some grounds for it. i guess i should pat him on the back like you do.

keep circle jerking, bro. i am awful for exploiting a dirtbag. i think i am going to go cry. how will i ever sleep at night. your words cut so deep, i ... -gulp-

but you don't have any grounds. 'project eternity' had nothing but a logo and received 4 million dollars. kickstarter is for selling ideas, not completed products. apparently everyone on the planet realized that except you? you've obviously already been doing a lot of crying because someone didn't meet karl crawford's personal idea of what is allowed to be funded on kickstarter. i've never seen such a gigantic baby in my life. 'fraud'. lmao
I don't know if you guys notice this or not but the funding mode is 'Flexible Funding', meaning it's pretty much like putting a Paypal donation button with some goal. Whether they reach the goal or not, they will still be taking the money.

For those who don't know, Indiegogo operates a bit differently from Kickstarter. They allow you to choose two types of funding, which are flexible and fixed. Fixed funding would be the same as Kickstarter, which is if you don't reach the goal, you get nothing. For flexible one, Indiegogo take some percentage of the money, and the rest of whatever you raise from the campaign goes to you.

To me, this looks like someone wanting to make an online version of SD3, which would explain why the name is Seyken (I mean, who would be stupid enough to pick this name without thinking that people would be reminded of SD3, while making EVERYTHING looks like SD3?) This makes me think that the reason why everything looks so much like SD3 is because it's intentional and the only way they don't just use SD3 directly is because of copyrights bs.

And I'm all for making new variations of the old stuffs. It's still creating something new. Someone might have always wanted to play MMORPG version of SD3. And regardless of whether they use similar graphics or edits or whatever, they still have to spend time on the game. And if someone value what they are doing or want to play what they are making, I don't see why they can't be asking for money.

Anyway, seeing as the game is available for playing, I'll try the game if I have time and see if I like it or not. Too bad it's an MMORPG though. When I first saw this from twitter, I thought it was a standalone game :-/
author=TFT

You're toast, done for, end of story. Would you kindly cease derailing this topic? Thanks.

Anyways, as far as this game is concerned, While the visuals LOOK nice, I'm concerned about the gameplay. if it does wind up becoming a simple point and click MMO, I'll have to sit this one out.
Art is meaningless.

Art is meaningless.

Art is meaningless.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
This^....!
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Okay guys, please don't derail the topic.
author=Solitayre
Okay guys, please don't derail the topic.

Threads go where threads go.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Looks like a problem with direction, not pure art talent - that's some really nice pixel art.

Blatant and shameless ripoff of SD3's character *design* is passable, but the sprites look like edits. That's really toeing the line or crossing it.
Yeah, sadly those sprites are freakin' close. Look at that Vampire. It's like a slight recolour with minimal edits. Dayum.

That said, I don't get a big SD3 vibe from the tiles. I mean, sure, there's a little here and there, but the majority of them aren't like complete rip-offs.
author=WIP
Art is meaningless. Thankfully there are idiots out there willing to throw money at things that have nothing behind them.

EDIT: Wow and looking at it, it pretty much is SD3. HIGHLY INSPIRED WORK OF ART

Hyperbole?

Anyways, I get what you mean though. I don't think art alone would carry this particular game for me at least. If it had a nice story or some other focus that could carry the game through then sure I would have been more optimistic.

As Hima said the game is a MMO so there's no real story for obvious reasons and the gameplay (from what I played) is needs far more depth, felt like a really early tech demo with an expansive map.

What does that leave? The art and I'm more inclined to side with WIP on this one, just not enough!

Gameplay felt clunky and the animations were kind of bad to be honest (mostly sluggish). Will it get better? Maybe, I always like to give the benefit of the doubt but remember it has been development for a few years though.

They should really focus on creating an engaging battle system because as I said it's quite dull! I was really hoping to see some type of real-time action battle gameplay with co-op components (teams, parties, etc) :S. What I was looking for in the pitch was the direction of the gameplay since that is the obvious focus.

Besides all that Hima is right, Indiegogo functions differently. They don't actually need to hit their target goal of $55,000. However, what I really meant was games don't really get as much funding on Indiegogo and if that was their TRUE goal they needed to reach (which I'm assuming) than they probably should have tried to get on Kickstarter instead.

Hope things work out for them though.
By the way, apparently to support this game you need permission to show off some screenshots of their images and to link to their campaign for support. And I was also asked to remove the comparison images so w/e.
author=Archeia_Nessiah
By the way, apparently to support this game you need permission to show off some screenshots of their images and to link to their campaign for support. And I was also asked to remove the comparison images so w/e.

HAHAHAHAHA what morons. (also it's not within their legal rights to stop people from talking about (advertising) their game, since it is posted in a public space and I'm pretty sure you don't have to sign an NDA to look at the page)

But since there's no topic left anymore...
Pages: first prev 12 last