WHAT IS USED TO MAKE A WEBCAST/TIPS AND POINTERS

Pages: 1
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
I've been thinking about possibly making one. I don't want to do one solo. Kentona's SRADIO shows that that is not a good idea. Anyway, I'll figure that part out. This is what I need:

- How to record
- How to record with other people (skype?)
- Any tips and pointers podcasters have

Thank you!
There's a nifty program called Camtasia that allows voice recording and editing. We tend to use skype for multi-calls. Having an outline is always a good idea, if not a script of some kind.
Deckiller tends to edit the hell out of our podcasts since, oh, they tend to ramble a bit at times. ^.^; So be prepared to put in as much, if not more, time editing the file before releasing.
Speak clearly and concisely when possible. Try not to mumble or say um, uh, er or any other filler words too much. When making a podcast with multiple people, it's good to 1 - talk for a while to get used to each others' voices and edit sound levels as much as you can, 2 - learn to let others talk (^.^;;; ) and 3 - know who is going to broach what subject beforehand.
Good luck~
A thing that might make stuff sound better is to record locally if possible and if not have something that allows you to basically record everything in a different channel (I found something for skype that allowed for one person to be in the left channel and another in the right for example) that way it is possible to edit out if someone has a coughing fit while someone else is talking. Sure this also extends the edit time by a lot but in the end it makes for a more pleasant listening experience.

For sound levels there's a nice little thing called "The Levelator" which levels out the sound automagically and is apparently very good (I've only used it a couple of times)

And of course for audio editing you want Audacity. Simple to use and great in so many ways.
My SRADIO show was fucking awesome whatchutalking about?
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I spend a lot of time editing, yeah.

A lot of time. Probably 4 minutes for every minute of content.

And I could do a much better job at it too.
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
author=kentona
My SRADIO show was fucking awesome whatchutalking about?
Yes. I listened to both of them. You commented yourself that you though having someone else to converse with would be easier ("I have nothing to talk about"). It's mostly in the second one.
You know, you could always do one with your brother, he obviously likes RPGMaker games too. It's actually got a benefit, because you won’t have that initial awkwardness you can sometimes get from being forced with someone you’ve never met, or spoke to before. You both live in the same time zone obviously, and it could bring an interesting element to a podcast. Having two brothers, and seeing how their opinions differ.
author=Little Wing Guy
You know, you could always do one with your brother, he obviously likes RPGMaker games too. It's actually got a benefit, because you won’t have that initial awkwardness you can sometimes get from being forced with someone you’ve never met, or spoke to before. You both live in the same time zone obviously, and it could bring an interesting element to a podcast. Having two brothers, and seeing how their opinions differ.

Agreed.
That would be pretty cool. Two brothers, talking games and RM stuff~

Man, kinda makes me want to convert one of my brothers/cousins to RM just so I can do this. Maybe I should try and indoctrinate my nieces and nephews? ^.^ Get a bunch of under 10 year-olds talking switches and variables. >:D
Pages: 1