TOPIA ONLINE, INSPIRED BY RPG MAKER

Pages: 1
I'm a huge fan of RPG Maker, and game development tools in general. My team and I have been very inspired by RPG Maker, and have designed a game engine that allows people to create their own MMORPG worlds. I want to reach out to the community, because I think online game development tools are exciting. I have been so influenced by RPG Maker, that my personal goal is to encourage this community to consider adding multiplayer to their game worlds.

Our Kickstarter just launched, so if this sounds cool to you, please check us out:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1784263141/topia-online?ref=live
Sailerius
did someone say angels
You don't say much about what developing with the engine is actually like. What scripting language does it use?
What exactly is Topia Online? A MMORPG that has a level editor?
It's an MMORPG as well as a game engine that lets you create your own game worlds. You can completely edit everything about the game, and share your creations in a marketplace.
author=joshrmt
It's an MMORPG as well as a game engine that lets you create your own game worlds. You can completely edit everything about the game, and share your creations in a marketplace.

So a developer can can put in a class system, remove permadeath, create a sci-fi MMO?

Does one have to purchase a Topia Online account in order to play Topia made games? Can a developer sell their game in this marketplace or on other websites?
Rob, yes you can replace any of the systems in the game and swap out graphics. If you purchase a developer/commercial license, players will not need to buy a Topia Online account, you can have your own account management process.

You can sell the game on any marketplace/website as long as you have a developer license. A developer license will be a one-time fee of $100, and there will be plenty of tools to try before you buy.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
So, is shannon single?
I just have one question.

Why do you need 50 grand for this?
Game engines and MMORPGs are extremely expensive to make. Art assets are also a huge cost. Finally, there are server costs, marketing, and payment provider fees. We are staffed with 6 people, and $50K is not a large budget for this type of effort.
Actually 50k is pretty cheap if he does finish this project, the only problem I find is that he is working with only six people so it's gonna take years before you see this product on the web...
Pages: 1