CONNECTICUT SHOOTING

author=kentona
Also, how is it that a couple of failed bomb attempts results in me having to take off my shoes at airports or prevent me from bringing liquids on board, but after 60 odd school shootings, nothing much of note has been done to address the easy access of firearms?

The correct answer is money.
author=LockeZ
Man no one's gonna be like "Oh shoot, I really felt like gunning down thirty people today. But I would have to steal a gun from someone, and I'm not sure I can do that." Gun laws prevent crimes of passion, not mass murders. I'm not saying gun laws would necessarily be bad, but they're irrelevant to this case.

On the flip side, if the third graders were allowed to carry guns, he'd have only been able to kill two or three people tops before getting shot back. Awesome idea, right?

Also T-Shirt hell needs to update their shirt again now I guess

Where can I buy these?
author=Dyhalto
Yeah, I had an array of alternatives too. Like you said, I cherry picked. So did Sai.
Gun Control vs Crime Rate is too broad to do a sweeping definitive study anyway. You could just as easily do an Economic Disposition vs Crime Rate or Religious Piety vs Crime Rate and sway results one way or another.

You cannot ever completely isolate the gun control vs crime rate issue. However, if the impact is large, say gun control halves or doubles the gun homicide rate, I think one could spot it trough the noise. If on the other hand gun control only affected the gun homicide rate by a few percent, it would be practically impossible to spot. That said, the biggest hurdle is probably that few are actually interested of what the studies really say and have instead already made up their mind.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
Relevant: http://t.co/DMIWK5RP

It's okay, now that elementary school students are taking guns to school to protect themselves, we won't have school shootings anymore.
author=kentona
Also, how is it that a couple of failed bomb attempts results in me having to take off my shoes at airports or prevent me from bringing liquids on board?

As Sauce said : Money.
The correct response is armed air marshals and sniffer dogs. Yes, guns and training.

But it's more profitable to employ unskilled low wage labor and supply overpriced Xray machine parts than it is to employ high skill, high wage labor.

author=Deacon Batista
author=LockeZ
T-Shirt hell
:/
Can we do the world a favor and NOT talk about this anymore? It's an anomaly and a tragedy. Giving it more attention only supports news networks that would use this story for financial gain. If you CAN help the victims please do so, otherwise you are doing the world harm by propagating fear. I apologize for not reading all 10 pages but I think it's absurd people feel obligated to talk about these occurrences each time they happen.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Sigrosa
Can we do the world a favor and NOT talk about this anymore? It's an anomaly and a tragedy. Giving it more attention only supports news networks that would use this story for financial gain. If you CAN help the victims please do so, otherwise you are doing the world harm by propagating fear. I apologize for not reading all 10 pages but I think it's absurd people feel obligated to talk about these occurrences each time they happen.

Says the person who posts 3 days after the topic's died out.
author=Jeroen_Sol
Says the person who posts 3 days after the topic's died out.

Ironically your post bumps this thread too. And why are you trying to pick a bone with me? I'm not going to argue over dead children.
Joroen, he's talking smack at you.
You gonna put up with that $hit?