SQUARE-ENIX.. NO MORE CREATIVE GAMES!

Are you kidding?! Star Ocean 2 was one of the best games around, man!
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
THATS WORTH ABOUT 50 POINTS
I'M GONNA BE POPULAR WITH THE LADIES AGAIN
author=WIP link=topic=1226.msg18551#msg18551 date=1212361641
Also, FFXI came out before WoW did.

Wow, I always thought WoW was first... hm... :P
I hate it when my Enix gets mixed with my Squaresoft! That's why plates with subdivisions were invented. :|
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Haha WIP.. Man that voice acting was bad. "OH IT"S JUST THEM"
HEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S MR ENEMYYYYYYYYYYYY
Well.

At least now we can look forward to 20 more reincarnations of Final Fantasy 1-9. Am I right?!?

But seriously, the remakes are totally worth playing. For all the new espers... and the bonus dungeons with no-additional-cost level grinding... good times.
author=Mr. Y link=topic=1226.msg19681#msg19681 date=1213169202
At least now we can look forward to 20 more reincarnations of Final Fantasy 1-9. Am I right?!?

Yeah. I'll be expecting most of them being final fantasy VII remakes.

EDIT: Good to see you back here Mr Y.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I suppose this means Kingdom Hearts will feature all the previous worlds again, to stray from offending buyers at the loss of certain faves. Like Deep Jungle. :O
http://www.developmag.com/news/29862/Square-Enix-boss-worried-company-is-too-insular

Following the financial year results, Wada said that the company "needed to go beyond traditional Square Enix", hinting at a wider portfolio of titles to come in the future.

Like I said, expect MORE The World Ends with You and Sigma Harmonics and LESS remakes. But believe whatever negativity you want, this is the internet after all. ::)
Well i wouldn't mind a ff VII remake. (I never got to play it)
author=Mr. Y link=topic=1226.msg19681#msg19681 date=1213169202
Well.

But seriously, the remakes are totally worth playing. For all the new espers... and the bonus dungeons with no-additional-cost level grinding... good times.
But the new espers come in so late at the end of the game, they practically useless, Final Fantasy V's new jobs are EXTREMELY useless because u get them near the very end. But it's good that they are making XIII instead of another useless freaken remake. They remade FFI in the US about how many times? 3 and even more in Japan. Square Enix is probably not making much money because it keeps remaking remakes, who TF wants to keep playing the same game over? I understand the new content, but besides that, it's still not worth the money.
author=Alex link=topic=1226.msg22120#msg22120 date=1214620062
who TF wants to keep playing the same game over?

Hardcore FF fans.
And there is alot of those hardcore ff Fans.
They definately need Squaresoft. Maybe it's just the name?
Perhaps Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, among others, could be under the Squaresoft label again? I mean, they used it when they were merged before. (Remember Square EA?)

And, of course, Dragon Quest, Valkyrie Profile, and Star Ocean could go under the Enix label. Technically, of course, they're all the same company, but that might ease people's feelings a bit.

And, besides that, a few games early in 2003 used the Squaresoft label with a Square-Enix byline, IIRC. I think Final Fantasy Origins did.

In fact, I propose this:
Taito - Arcade classics and the Lufia series. If that ever gets going again, that is.
Enix- Dragon Quest, Dragon Quest Monsters and other spinoffs, Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean, and past classics like the ActRaiser and Soul Blazer series.
Squaresoft- Mana series, Chrono series, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve, Front Mission, Romancing Saga, Kingdom Hearts, The World Ends With You, in addition to past NES, SNES, and PSOne titles.

Besides, I miss the purple or green or blue Enix logo, and the stylized SquareSoft logo of the 90s and early 00s. Their current logo is too much like the 80s Square for my liking.
I just wish SE never existed.
author=VideoWizard link=topic=1226.msg22525#msg22525 date=1214904895
And, of course, Dragon Quest, Valkyrie Profile, and Star Ocean could go under the Enix label. Technically, of course, they're all the same company, but that might ease people's feelings a bit.
No, they're not. VP and Star Ocean are tri-Ace games, only published by Enix (and later Squenix). For that matter, the Dragon Quest series often isn't made by Enix--as near as I can tell, Enix hasn't made a Dragon Quest game since IV, and VIII and IX are both made/being made by Level 5, and the latest spinoff DQ games were made by TOSE. So actually, none of those games are by Enix anymore, though Enix owns DQ and probably has some sort of major license agreement on the Star Ocean and VP series.

The impression I've always had is that Enix was more of a producer and publisher than a developer--they're like EA, to use an American equivalent. I'm sure they have oversight on the titles, but they don't make them, and pretty much every "Great Enix Game" you can name was made by someone else, like Quintet (Soul Blazer trilogy, Robotrek), tri-Ace(Star Ocean series, Valkyrie Profile series), or Almanic(EVO).

It's a huge pet peeve of mine how people keep attributing these games to Enix when Enix doesn't really deserve much more of the credit for them than Disney deserves for Clerks, or maybe the Studio Ghibli catalog, since the Western Branch might very well handle the english translation duties on them, like Disney does for Ghibli. I would be quite pleased if both the Square AND the Enix label was taken off of them, or at least made a lot smaller.
author=Darken link=topic=1226.msg22550#msg22550 date=1214951023
I just wish SE never existed.

that's taking it a bit far. If they didn't exist we wouldn't have any of there games.