ADOBE IS GIVING AWAY CREATIVE SUITE CS2 STANDARD (PC OR MAC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD) FREE!

Pages: first 12 next last
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/87488/adobe-adobe-creative-suite-cs2-standard-pc-or-mac-digital-download

Adobe is giving away their Creative Suite CS2 (from circa 2005) away for free! I am installing Photoshop CS2 as I type this.

The above link has a link to the Adobe site with the downloads (which requires you to have an Adobe.com account) but below that post there is a list of direct download links and their keys. The Adobe site is getting hammered so good luck trying to go through the Adobe site to get the goods, but the direct links seems to be working okay, and the key I used for Photoshop CS2 was accepted, so I recommend going that route to get the software.

Downloads available:
Adobe Creative Suite CS2 (Standard)
Acrobat 3D 1.0 (Windows)
Acrobat Standard 7.0
Acrobat Pro 8.0
Audition 3.0
GoLive CS2
Illustrator CS2
InCopy CS2
InDesign CS2
Photoshop CS2
Photoshop Elements 4.0/5.0
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

This is a pretty sick deal!
Whoa, this is pretty nice! I'm totally going to grab some of these (but not Acrobat because fuck Acrobat). Any mention for an expiry date for the free downloads?
None that I can see, but my attempts to get to the real Adobe page on it have so far failed. It might be mentioned there.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Holy crap I was just saying yesterday how I should upgrade to photoshop.
Well, it worked for me. The program is up and running on my PC right now. o_O

Thanks for showing us this, kentona! Wow...

EDIT: Well, Photoshop anyway.
author=Sailerius
http://www.forbes.com/sites/adriankingsleyhughes/2013/01/07/download-adobe-cs2-applications-for-free/Not quite.

Weird...

So Adobe left a completely usable copy of CS2 up on the Internet, with zero obstacles to get it, and included a functional serial number, but it's only for valid owners of CS2?

"Excuse me, folks. Can I have everyone's attention. I'm going to leave all of these delicious doughnuts here out in the open where anyone can get them, and I'm going to walk away. These doughnuts will not be under any kind of guard of any kind, but know that they are for valid doughnut license owners only. Ok, I'm walking away now, leaving the doughnuts. Hope nobody but valid license holders take any."
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Haven't grabbed them since I don't feel like making an Adobe account.
author=KingArthur
Haven't grabbed them since I don't feel like making an Adobe account.

You don't need an account to download them.
KingArthur
Welp, time to burn 1GB and grab Photoshop and Illustrator.
:D finally I can get rid of gimp with a good program
I was still using Photoshop 7. Time for an upgrade.
author=Sailerius
http://www.forbes.com/sites/adriankingsleyhughes/2013/01/07/download-adobe-cs2-applications-for-free/Not quite.

I don't understand why Adobe would carelessly post all of these if they aren't actually free.
author=8bitbeard
I was still using Photoshop 6.0 ... it's part of the reason why the graphics on RMN looked so shitty (the other reason is my poor sense of aesthetic).

Also, I have no idea why Adobe would make this so publicly accessible either (even though I understand the reasoning). Like, for those who have CS2 suite, why not just email them privately a secure download link and key?
mmmmmmmmmmm a "regular" downloaded copy of PS and Illustrator (and all the rest)? I'm in!

I want a doughnut too.
author=kentona
I was still using Photoshop 6.0 ... it's part of the reason why the graphics on RMN looked so shitty (the other reason is my poor sense of aesthetic).

Nah. RMN is a sexy website.
KingArthur
author=kentona
author=8bitbeard

Also, I have no idea why Adobe would make this so publicly accessible either (even though I understand the reasoning). Like, for those who have CS2 suite, why not just email them privately a secure download link and key?

The sure-fire way to go about this would have been to to ask for legit CS2 owners to provide their keys for verification before providing them the "unlocked" version of CS2. If you instead place the "phat lootz" in plain sight, well...
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/01/adobe-almost-does-something-amazing-by-accident/

"Adobe almost does something amazing by accident
Making Creative Suite 2 free seemed like a genius move. Unfortunately, it wasn't."

This pretty much sums it up.
KingArthur
Doesn't matter; still downloaded.
Pages: first 12 next last