[ACE] MOVING PARTYCOM/ACTORCOM

Pages: 1
Hey everyone, I hope you can help me.

First, I want to mention that I am uses a few plug-ins but the the pertinent one for what I need to do is Yanfly's Battle Engine and Yanfly's Battle Command List.

Now, that said, What I want to do is move the Party Command and Actor Command windows so that they fit UP and OVER the battle status windows (which now have actor's graphics thanks to Yanfly's script).

I want to fully extend that window (which I know how to do) so that you see the actor's faces all the time during a battle.

What I can't seem to figure out is how to move the Party and Actor Command windows out of the way. I can move them up but then they get cut off...

Does anyone have a script or know a way to accomplish what I need?

To be clear what would happen is the player would come into the battle, and because of Yanfly's battle script they'd skip the "Fight/Escape" portion and they'd be greeted with the actor's face and the Actor Command window over that window - flush to the right of absolute right of the screen. (the default with has been extended through Yanfly's Core Engine).

If I'm not being clear let me know I'll try to get as specific as possible.
Your problem lies in the fact that those windows are in a viewport. The viewport is called "@info_viewport". You can look up "viewport" in the help file to find out more information about them.

Essentially though, you're going to need to change the viewport that those windows are created with, otherwise it's impossible to move them (to the location you desire) because they will always get cut off. You can try setting the viewport for those two windows to "nil" that might do it.
author=MakoInfused
Your problem lies in the fact that those windows are in a viewport. The viewport is called "@info_viewport". You can look up "viewport" in the help file to find out more information about them.

Essentially though, you're going to need to change the viewport that those windows are created with, otherwise it's impossible to move them (to the location you desire) because they will always get cut off. You can try setting the viewport for those two windows to "nil" that might do it.

You are - Amazing!

That is just about what I needed. I still can't figure out how to keep the BattleStatus window aligned with the bottom of the screen (as it is by default) while allowing the other windows to go up and over that one. But I'm working on it and experimenting. But I think you wholeheartedly for pointing me in the right direction.

BTW, Someone elsewhere mentioned not knowing what I meant by "up". The enemies are up and over the the Battlestatus window. That what I want to do for the Actor and Party Command windows. Right now there is window overlap and I'm trying to avoid that. So I hope that clarifies things for those not sure of what I'm attempting.
author=Jubell
That is just about what I needed. I still can't figure out how to keep the BattleStatus window aligned with the bottom of the screen (as it is by default) while allowing the other windows to go up and over that one. But I'm working on it and experimenting. But I think you wholeheartedly for pointing me in the right direction.

You're welcome, I like helping those who help themselves. If you want to keep it "aligned" (I think anchored is a more appropriate word) with the the bottom of the screen there's some hefty work involved. You're going to need to change it's y value to take the value Graphics.height and subtract that from the "@info_viewport" height and then subtract that from the window's current height.

Graphics.height - @info_viewport.height - @actor_command_window.height

This should put the window directly above the "@info_viewport".

If you have any more questions just ask, I'll be watching.

author=Jubell
BTW, Someone elsewhere mentioned not knowing what I meant by "up". The enemies are up and over the the Battlestatus window. That what I want to do for the Actor and Party Command windows. Right now there is window overlap and I'm trying to avoid that. So I hope that clarifies things for those not sure of what I'm attempting.

Yeah, I understood what you mean-- it should be "up" (above) the battle status. So that the command windows are above the battle status, not overlapping (z plane), but literally above it (y plane).
Thank you SO MUCH again Makoinfused - it was actually your instruction and using the word "anchor" freed up my mind and I realized that I needed to fix Yanfly's Battle Script in conjunction with the default values. SO-

It totally works now.

I am helluva excited and I think you a hundred times over for you help. Totally appreciate it.
Excellent, I'm glad it worked out for you. Good luck and keep at it!
Pages: 1