HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! I ONLY HAVE THE ENCRIPTED VERSION OF MY OWN GAME

Pages: first prev 12 last
@white_sheba: Then did you tell her that it was encrypted?

Or more specifically, could it be that you're using the old version of RM2K3? Maybe you need the commercial version or something?

What's the game called anyway? Maybe I can try opening it in RM2K3 from my side?
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Also I think it would be better to ask for the files instead, or even just a text file of the text to translate, it just seems more respectable to the owner of the original game!
Don't worry, guys. bleet's games really aren't encrypted (even bleet said so herself). I checked. You can totally open them with RPG Maker 2003.

It's just that when the zip file is extracted, these are the files:

white_sheba didn't realize he could extract the file (as shown in the pic) containing the original game files to access the game with RPG Maker 2003.
@eplipswich I'm the author of the game White_Sheba intend to translate, she did told me about this encryption issue. The reason I can't provide the decrypted file for translation is, some of my game setup was save in wrong order and gone for good. I'm wondering is there any way to decrypt RMMV game? I remember that I put in some number for encryption key, is it something act like unlock password? If yes where can I put it in to decrypt my game?

Cheers.
Unfortunately, I have no idea about RMMV at all! I'll try to figure something out though. Maybe someone else here can help?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
The Google results in regards to MV seem mostly about encrypting games made with it, but, I'm seeing a few hits for decrypters.

Possibly the most relevant post I've seen is this one...

author=Erithzak
I took a look at the game mentioned above. It's using Enigma Virtual Box to package the data with the exe, and poking around with RPG Maker MV it looks like that's the recommended approach they have for doing single exe file distribution.

Good news is it's easy to pop open and there are plenty of tools on the internet already to do it with. Here's one for you: lifeinhex.com/static-enigma-virtual-box-unpacker-part-3/

...found here. Now, there is a tutorial on here about encrypting MV games with Enigma Virtual Box. If that was the method you used, I'm thinking that the unpacker not-quite-linked-to in that post might be useful.
@Marrend, first of all thank for your effort in searching a method for us. My game was encrypt with RMMV default deployment method, instead of Enigma tool you mentioned above. Would you think the method still applicable for my game, which was encrypt with different tool?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Unfortunately, I do not know the answer to that question.

*Edit: My instinct tells me "no", however. From what you're saying, and the various threads about MV, it sounds like there's an option to export the game under a "Deployment" folder, which actually only provides the EXE, and still needs the other game-files?

I'm mostly looking at this post in regards to this information, so, I could be corrected on this point!
author=artgame
@Marrend, first of all thank for your effort in searching a method for us. My game was encrypt with RMMV default deployment method, instead of Enigma tool you mentioned above. Would you think the method still applicable for my game, which was encrypt with different tool?
Check this out, its useable to get back your original ressources (which was my problem):
https://github.com/Petschko/RPG-Maker-MV-Decrypter

But unfortunaly you can't restore the project file... I don't figured out how to restore it - and yeah its a little uncomfortable my decryption tool...
author=quohelet
Awwww that's sucks
Feel free to improve it - i just use it to look at files and thats okay for me.

Disadvantages of my Script:
- Manual select encrypted files
- Manual select file for decryption code
- Manual select decrypted-file save directory & name + extension

Adantages:
- No extra software needed (just your browser)
- You're able to decrypt

But if you only use it for viewing or restoring your own files its okay. If I improve it may more guys use it to steal.
Pages: first prev 12 last