RMNV4.4 FIRST ROUND OF UPDATES PROMOTED

Pages: first prev 1234 last
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Regarding makerscore, I've even spotted Kentona about six weeks of inactivity! ;)

(I'm back. Never was technically on LoA or anything, but I've been lurking in the shadows like a keese).
Just wait until Castles is reviewed >:[
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
So what are the second round of updates?

Also, I'd still like to get a full MS breakdown eventually. I prefer community games to solo gam mak. It will definitely help in the long run (and some users now). It would also be cool if we could post temporary post to the Dev Portal's 'LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK" section even if we didn't have a game page up. Right now I've been doing maps only, with only bare minimum eventing and I'd like feedback for my maps.

Edit: The latter can be done in the screenshot topic...
Use the screenshot thread?
Just looked at the store and you're missing a lot of good stuff, such as the RMDS RTP now being sold and the High Fantasy resource packs and add-ons, the Zonderland Music Pack, and the Samurai Pack. Are those able to be added, or is there supposed to be an approval process of what can be added or not? Just curious.
author=amerkevicius
Just looked at the store and you're missing a lot of good stuff, such as the RMDS RTP now being sold and the High Fantasy resource packs and add-ons, the Zonderland Music Pack, and the Samurai Pack. Are those able to be added, or is there supposed to be an approval process of what can be added or not? Just curious.
I can only sell what RMWeb puts up on their affiliate program. With the exception of the resources for non-RPG Maker Use, I have all that they offer through the affiliate program.

The thing is, though, I do not expect them to put their newest stuff up for their affiliate program right away. I would expect their affiliate program to be at least a few weeks behind their official store, because otherwise it would cut into their profits. Also, they probably want to keep some things exclusive to their store. Lastly, I heard that they have space issues with their current affiliate program sponsor - they have a max filesize limit that they keep running into. That probably affects some things.

But yeah, when things are made available I will add them.
UPDATE
So... I added in a RESOURCE section to RMN. Honestly, I needed a flexible place to host the RMN Music Pack, and so built out an entire infrastructure to support resources. Its a little barebones right now, but it works.

The idea is you submit a 'resource' page, and then you can edit it to add 'downloads' to it. You can mark downloads as "Show Button", which will put a link on the resource's page and track downloads, or you can just directly link to the filepath in your resource's description (this won't track downloads, obviously), but this could be handier for, say, graphics or tilesets or whathaveyou, and you want to show them off in an img tag.

ONLY CUSTOM (or heavy edits) WILL BE ACCEPTED No rips plz thx.

Also, the search for resources hasn't been implemented yet. Working on it!

Here are our resources so far: http://rpgmaker.net/resources/ :>
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The list of topics under Development Spotlight: Discussion Topics isn't really updating quite at full speed. There are several topics listed that haven't been touched in over three weeks, while other development and design topics that have gotten 50+ posts in the last three weeks are not listed. Do you guys need help with this? I am pretty wired into our development discussions, and would be willing to flag topics as appropriate for the portal if you wanted, either officially or just by mailing lists each week to whoever is handling it now.

Also, unrelated: it would be super useful if images marked as Looking For Feedback were sorted on the development portal by the date when they were marked as Looking For Feedback instead of by the date when the image was added. Currently it's not a major issue since the portal isn't actually full yet, but once it is, someone could mark an image as Looking For Feedback and it could potentially not even show up on the portal because it was added weeks earlier. I thought at first this would be a thing that only happened when the portal was brand new, but people are continuing to mark images as Looking For Feedback long after originally posting the image. I think it's because they edit an old image and want feedback on the revision.
yes plz. Help would be much appreciated. PM me whenever a topic or good blog comes up. thx

Also, I *think* I can make the Looking for Feedback sorting change...
I hope that in the futur, it will be possible to track subscribers who follow our game.
author=Chaos17
I hope that in the futur, it will be possible to track subscribers who follow our game.
Never going to happen. Sorry.

Subscribing to a game is a feature for players, not a tool for the developers.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Can I have a bigger text box for writing feedback on denied submissions?
author=Solitayre
Make it yourself!

(seriously, you can drag the text box in the lower right hand corner to make it bigger)
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
I wish I'd known that a year ago!
wait what

holy shit
author=kentona
author=Solitayre
Make it yourself!

(seriously, you can drag the text box in the lower right hand corner to make it bigger)

My life is changed forever o_o
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'm pretty sure that's what causes the cursor placement to mess up on my android phone. (When I tap to put the cursor somewhere in the text box, the cursor goes behind the letter that would have been where I tapped if the text box were a different size. It's extremely confusing to explain without a diagram.)
Pages: first prev 1234 last