MCAFEE SET TO EXPIRE IN A WEEK.. GOOD FREE ALTERNATIVES?

Pages: first prev 123 last
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
Informed inf like yours is especially helpful.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
author=BurningTyger
7 has something with a similar mane as well, doesn't it?
Windows Defender in Windows Vista and 7 is an anti-malware software similar to Malwarebytes; it looks for such things as tracking cookies, spyware, and other forms of malware that don't fall under the category of viruses. Microsoft Security Essentials succeeds Windows Defender and has its anti-malware capabilities in addition to new AV capabilities.

In Windows 8, Microsoft Security Essentials is rebranded as Windows Defender and installed as an integral part of the OS. Common speculation as to why it's still called Windows Defender and not MSE is to possibly avoid issues that MS had when it shipped IE and WMP together with Windows and was subsequently told to not include them in Europe and other markets (the so-called Windows "N" and "KN" versions). The name "Windows Defender" is speculated to skirt the issue since no AV software vendors called MS out when Windows Defender first debuted.
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
author=KingArthur
Go with Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast is bloated and AVG is crap.

Not to mention, as long as Microsoft works, you have the most tailor-made system. It doesn't go fucking with registry settings, because it knows how MS works.
Pages: first prev 123 last