SMBX PUTTING LEVELS ON WORLDS HELP

Pages: 1
Okay, I've looked it up and know how to do it. But when I put levels on the world map and play the game, the levels don't work. I have the filename exactly right and I'm pretty sure everything is exactly right. But when I play it, it DOESN'T take me to the level like a working world map should. What's wrong with it?
hard to say without seeing pictures of how you have it set up or having the files to personally open in the editor

I know these look horrid, I'm not too good at this kind of stuff.
Anyway, it says 1-1 Fun Fun Meadows.lvl in the filename, which is the exact filename, and in the name it says Fun Fun Meadows. It has a SMBX standard exit at the right place, and everything SEEMS to be in order. Sorry it looks so horrible. Thanks for answering back...

Edit: I did not steal the double name idea from Super Doki Doki World. This is the only level with the same words twice in the name.
um...i still can't figure it out. do you want to send me a copy of the project so i can look at it directly?

i would suggest making simple file names. there isn't much benefit of having long names with spaces and special characters, which can cause confusion and error in some cases. and the name the player sees is written by you, so there's really no need.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
The .lvl file needs to be in the same world folder as the world file you're making. If it's in a separate folder, you'll need to move it or spell out the file path. That'd be my guess.
author=halibabica
The .lvl file needs to be in the same world folder as the world file you're making. If it's in a separate folder, you'll need to move it or spell out the file path. That'd be my guess.

Thanks a ton! It works great now. One last question, though. When the game shows up on the title screen, it shows up as a blank space and doesn't show the name. How do I make it show the name?
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
In your world file, you need to go to 'Settings' and fill out a bunch of stuff. 'World Name' will make it show up on the game list.
Thanks a ton! Seriously, thanks for helping out a newbie. :)
Pages: 1