THOUGHT EXPERIMENT: SURVIVING STUCK IN A BASEMENT FOR 10 YEARS

Pages: first 12 next last
Could you add a little more information here? Some people aren't going to click a link they know nothing about. Besides, it'd be nice to have some knowledge about what I'm stepping in to.
I guess the community hasn't changed. As risk averse as ever.
So... is the point telling what you'd choose and how much money you'd end up with after said 10 years?
There are far quicker ways to make 10 million dollars :~
Hell, NO.
I require one more point to be able to take 2 girls with me. Nothing more is needed.
On more serious note, no I won't agree to that even if I won't ever be able to gather so much money in 10 years. Because 10 years of life is priceless.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I've seen this. I suppose I could, but I'm pretty sure I'd be overwhelmed by depression in less than a year
author=slashphoenix
I've seen this. I suppose I could, but I'm pretty sure I'd be overwhelmed by depression in less than a year

Actually that makes this a totally fitting setting for psychologic horror fiction. Except you know, like almost everything, it happens in real life.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Sure if I had my computer to entertain me. No idea what's in the site, hotel's blocking it.
I think that the worst thing is spending 10 years without getting anything.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
I assume the library has texts that have been lost to time, so that would be invaluable in itself. 4 points. Don't want to become dragon quest slime, so workout room is needed. 9 points. need to be able to contact people somehow, so internet is necessary. 25 points. I guess I can't use the internet without a computer so....31 points. I need food to live, so, uh...the kitchen puts me at 37. why is internet worth over four times as much as the library. take away the library to put me at 33....skylight for two points so I don't turn into gollum.

so, for 5 million dollars:

kitchen
internet
computer
skylight

wow! sounds horrible! let's go with option b:

5 Barry Bonds
5 guns

it shall be a battle to end all battles
The 'Are you an Introvert or Extrovert" topic returns in a clever disguise.

16pts - Internet
6pts - Computer
6pts - Full Kitchen
2pts - Skylight. Humans need sun.

I'll be RMing for 10 years. See ya.
And when I get out, I'll do it for another 10. But at least then I'll have a sweet ride.
author=MrChearlie

Watch "Oldboy".
Also really, am I the only who needs a girl for 10 years of his life? oO
Btw, I saw somewhere about what happened with some Indian women who was trapped in one room without windows and ventilation for 16 years by her husband. Horrible.
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Well, if I really had to..

I guess I'd take the woman, although man would be preferred. *shrug* Gonna be trapped in a basement, not like I can complain about semantics. (18)
And that skylight would be necessary I suppose.. (2)
Computer so I can mak gam for the rest of time. (6)
Pool table, because I've always wanted one and it'd be bitchin'. (1)

*counts* Okay I have three points left to spend.. hmm.. phone or camera, phone or camera.. I suppose the phone would have a camera on it, so that'll do. (3)

*photographs self every day for 10 years, becomes future internet superstar*

author=MirrorMasq
I require one more point to be able to take 2 girls with me. Nothing more is needed.

Go without your 10 mil and you'll get 40 points - that's enough to buy your two ladies plus a camera.
If I were forced to:

-Computer (to continue making my game, lol)
-Internet (to talk to my friends, go on forums etc.)
-All computer games (won't get bored so easily)
-Skylight (would be nice)
-Microwave (I'm lazy when it comes to food)

30 points
author=Caz
although man would be preferred. *shrug*

You can take Barry Bonds. x_X
Well, as I've said, I would've never agreed to such a thing, but if I were forced to it too, I'd take something like that:

-girl (18)
-audio system with music (4)
-skylight (2)
-library (4)
-booze (5)
-medical care ofc, 10 years is a long time without it (2)

total: 35
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
how do you plan to survive without food
Wait, there is no basic food included? I thought everything points-based is optional. :\
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
author=MirrorMasq
author=MrChearlie
Watch "Oldboy".
Also really, am I the only who needs a girl for 10 years of his life? oO
Btw, I saw somewhere about what happened with some Indian women who was trapped in one room without windows and ventilation for 16 years by her husband. Horrible.

Why would you need something that bleeds nonstop and doesn't die from it?
Pages: first 12 next last