THUS COMETH EMDE2

Pages: 1
Halloe fine people~

My name is Ressa, some (none) of you may remember me from a game I posted on gamingw many years ago known as Epic Monster Dungeon Explore. So, after a great deal of prodding from a good associate of mine, I'm making another game now, EMDE2: Winds of Serenade. Is it a sequel? Kind of? Not really. Why am I naming it EMDE2 then? Well, I named my first game Epic Monster Dungeon Explore, why would you think I am good at naming things?

Anyway, game is currently playable and the engine is fully functional and could easily handle the entire game's content, were it made. My development blog is here: http://emde2.tumblr.com/ I'll be trying to post a couple of times per week, mostly talking about design theory and stuff, if you're into that kind of thing.

please give pageviews I am basically like some primal spirit that feeds and survives on pageviews. also on dicks but that is a different subject.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
this internet user is my bestest buddy. read her blog, learn something about not making dragon quest over and over
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Hey there!

quickedit: craze yelled at me so the link is gone, heh

(he grew up to make much better games)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
this sounds a lot more complicated than the original. like the original was named EPIC MONSTER DUNGEON EXPLORE and was super-simple because that was its name

why is this not just "Winds of Serenade?" it's a cool idea, but, like, does not sound in any way similar to EMDE. i want to see this game, whatever it's called, but it seems so odd since you state that you're kinda-sorta not trying to be xXxhardxcorerebelxXx... but you're changing absolutely everything (this is NOT a bad thing, just making a point). EMDE was cool because it was the stereotypical rpg experience, just stripped down to the bones. This is cool-sounding for totally different reasons.

tl;dr: ciel and any of ciel's friends are pretentious ~~~ auteurs ~~~~ but i still respect them even though your projects name makes no sense

EDIT:
It has a similar map format, actually.

That's probably the only aspect from EMDE that survived literally years of iteration and redesign (casual iteration and redesign in my spare time, but years of it nontheless).

It's called tradition. You don't turn your back on your homies (games) from the hood block G yo. Also Winds of Serenade is the book I'm writing. the EMDE title allows it to have a distinction.

Also:
author=The Dakr Lady
Well, I named my first game Epic Monster Dungeon Explore, why would you think I am good at naming things?
Hey, I like Dragon Quest. :<
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=kentona
Hey, I like Dragon Quest. :<

The RPGs posted here are barely similar to Dragon Quest, actually. Especially with the later games of the series the battle systems actually become a bit more complex and strategic.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
Then we need moar Dragon Quest.
Pages: 1