WHY YOUR NAME?

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
To make a long story short, I got my pseudonym from a party member that my older brother had in Might and Magic - Secret of the Inner Sanctum. No, this was not the same brother that created Legacy and Summoner.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=Marrend
To make a long story short, I got my pseudonym from a party member that my older brother had in Might and Magic - Secret of the Inner Sanctum. No, this was not the same brother that created Legacy and Summoner.

but the point is to tell the long story! =P
author=Isrieri
+

What? Um...what? I don't know what you mean by this.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
For the longest time (since 2003 or so) I went by a different name I thought I had come up with while trying to come up with a new, suitable name for Zidane. It wasn't until I decided "Hey! You know what? I'm going to Google this word." that I realized that it was actually a fairly common name (typical amongst dogs and horses, apparently), but seeing as how I didn't have anything else to go by until some time afterward, I kept the name.

It wasn't until long after I had made Redeeming Legacy that I decided to embrace this name personally, at a time when I planned to make a new name for myself on an old forum I frequented many years before. Originally being a paper-thin-personality villain, the true creation of the character that I share my namesake with wasn't properly established until '08-'09, which was also when I decided to ultimately change my name to this in any applicable location I visit (such as forums and MMORPGs).

Of course, there are some games to which this name doesn't fit (for characters lying outside his typical "sovereignty" facade); and those times I have a tendency to fall back on "Zilmurik", as I feel it's still a strong name that doesn't necessarily rely on the same context as it does in my games.
Dragon Ball was one of the first shows I watched of anime. Not that it's my favorite anymore, it was just easier to remember it than it was to change it.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
Sort of a dumb pun. In Vacant Sky, one of the three highest ranking positions in the church is the "storyteller" ("sailerius" in Orkan, or "saileriem" if female). The storyteller is responsible for maintaining the canon history of the church and decides what is gospel and what isn't. I thought it would make for a clever username, not realizing at the time that almost no one would ever understand.
My name? EPL and Ipswich. Go figure.

(It's way back in 2000, btw.)
Melkino
solos collectors on purpose
Around 2006 or so, I had a notebook filled with concept art and doodles of OCs that I wanted to make a game with one day if I knew how. (and then RM happened! :D) One character's name is "Melkino Fortena", Leiko's missing sister in Catharsis. She's not a major character though, and is the last available party member in the game.

I've been using that as a username on various sites for a few years now--mostly out of habit and because it's almost always available, haha
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I've got a bit too many first names (it would seem my parents didn't agree with their first choice), so I took the first syllable of the official initial one and same with the definitely adopted one, thus : chana.
My name is a typo of "Magical_RuNE_Knight_2001", my username on another 'Maker forum.

I couldnt think of name, but wanted something ridiculous, non-regrettable, and... well, that kinda poked fun of people who give themselves "cool" names. (Like "Ninja_Master99" or "x-ShadowSlayer-x" for example. No offense)

But yea, there u go.
B-p
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I thought it was a cool name for a protagonist when I was 9.
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
It's common to tack Z onto the first syllable of your name and make a nickname of it. I have always been Caz to pretty much everyone ever, and I can't stand being called by my real name. So there.

Also three letter names are COOL.. which is why it's so often taken, so I'll go for Cazwolf instead because wolves are also cool.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Hahaha Chearlie's got the best story :D

author=eplipswich
My name? EPL and Ipswich. Go figure.

(It's way back in 2000, btw.)
My condolences.

My username's derived from the best band ever. It has nothing to do with urine, and nothing to do with jRPGs. Of course that doesn't stop the IRC crowd from making bad puns ;_;
Ivory is a character from the game Tradewind Legends. Since she's a half-djin half-human pirate and lacked a surname, I've thought of Davy Jones and yeah, p much that.
I used to use Larn back in 2004 on some forums. Larn being the name of one of my favourite characters from a comic / movie series me and my friend created. In 2005 I started playing RuneScape, and with a few million registered accounts, obviously the name Larn was already taken. I then took up the name of one of my newer characters (Milennin), and been using that ever since. It sounds cool, and it's always available on any site or online game.=P
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
So back in 1996 - oh my god - I was signing up for my first Geocities account - oh dear lord - and I was making an FF6 fan site called A Land of Espers. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD THIS WEBSITE

Final Fantasy 7 was not even out yet, so of course baby 12 year old fanboy me made an FF6 site and picked an FF6 name. Not that I would have gone with FF7 the following year anyway, because FF7 was too different from the rest of the series and went against everything Final Fantasy stood for (does this sound familiar? history repeats).

And anyway Locke was my favorite character. But the name Locke was obviously taken. At the time, adding a series of numbers to the end of your name was the typical way of getting a unique username, but that seemed lame to me. Instead I decided Locke X sounded like maybe kind of a cool ninja thing, but that was taken too, so I went with Locke Z instead. I guess it's like Omega Locke, but in English instead of Greek? "The ultimate Locke" or something. I don't know man I was twelve

And I hate change, so 19 years later here we are

As a 12-13 year old kid, I thought to myself "I like this guy. I will use his name in Yahoo Chat." Then I started signing up for shit all over the internet with it. Lo and behold, it stuck with me.
It's a mix of the given name "Noah" and the word "Key".
I liked the name Noah (I actually named an OC like that) and I added key because... well, why not?

I just kind of squished those two together and Kaynoh was born.
author=Dyhalto

I always loved the artstyle from langrisser and growlanser.