CONDITIONAL EVENT PROBLEM

Pages: 1
I don't know where this should be posted, i just barely made an account so i could ask the community about my problem. Im trying to make a quest that requires me to bring him 10 of something. the problem is he lets me have the reward if i only have 1. How do i make it to where it doesn't do anything until i have 10 or more?

I've been to several different forums looking around, and watched a few tutorials on youtube, but they all make a quest where you just bring 1 thing to the npc.
-Make a new Common Event, parallel process.
-Go to Variable Operations under Event Commands.
-Make a new variable for the item count.
-Set it equal to item, number held.

-For your quest completion, make a conditional branch that's set to the variable you made for the item, then the number that's required for quest completion (10 in your case), and set it to equal to, or greater than or equal to.
-Put the quest completion event under the part of the branch in which the player holds the required number of items.
Didn't help. Trying to follow along, and now he lets me have the reward when i have none of the required item.

edit: switched around my common event as follows
@>Control Variables:

now he doesn't let me have the reward if i have less or more than what he's asking. i think im closer, but i still dont know what's wrong here.
Post a screenshot of your common event, and the quest NPC's event script.
Brady
Was Built From Pixels Up
You really shouldn't be using a common event for that type of process. Just have the conditional in the Skeleton's own event.

Well, I say "shouldn't". There's no specific reason against using a common event, but there's absolutely no benefit in it either. Much cleaner and easier to manage just having it within the subject event.

UNLESS you want the subject event in several different places at once; then common events will start to help out more.

YES, that's exactly how its suppose to work. thanks for your screen shot, way more helpful than when somebody is trying to explain it in words.
Pages: 1