ANOTHER CRAFTING QUESTION

Pages: 1
I fixed much of my grammer now. Anyways I am using rpgmaker vx ace when say you you fail to make item becuase you dont have the gold or matarials how do you make the number show up. I read somewhere it was \v(n) n=number if thats the case is there a variable I am missing? or is this the wrong symbol when doing that. I also removed the fire sound but added a metal clank sound when you craft a item what is a good water sound or witch sound is good to lower the pitch or volume on?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Try brackets. For example, to reference variable # 1 in the message box, you would write...

\v[1]

Character references are similar, but you would have a "c" rather than a "v". I should know, I use it all the time!

Yes, I had to put that in a code-tag because, otherwise, it wouldn't show the brackets.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
You're half-right, Marrend. It is indeed square brackets you use for references, but \c is colours. :P If by "character references" you meant hero names, that's \n.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Oh yeah. Derp.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
The beauty of RPG Maker VX Ace is that you can have pretty much any slash command in text boxes if you code it in. I could do a \thud command that replaces every occurrence of itself with "TTTTTTHHHHHUUUUUDDDDD!!!" for example.
author=Trihan
You're half-right, Marrend. It is indeed square brackets you use for references, but \c is colours. :P If by "character references" you meant hero names, that's \n.
This is what I mean Where is says you need such items I try and use the \v(n) but it does not seem to work so I have it as this set up the system works as far as the setup I have I just want it to look good when someone sees it. Also I tried the branches is there a particuilar order to put it in? it's really bugging me.

lol mind the spelling and pay no mind to the other things
I don't see any \v in that bunch of code...

Well, you have to set a variable to equal something. So in the picture shown you could use it to check for if they have a certain amount of something. Variables are basically switches with more positions than just on and off. They have numbers which can be used to indicate many, many positions.

That said, what exactly are you trying to do? Check for gold or something? It's as easy as assigning a variable to equal your gold count, then checking with a conditional branch to see whether that variable is higher than the amount needed. So:

Set Variable 005 = Gold
Conditional Branch: If (Variable 005) =/> 200
@=add your yes stuff here
Else
@= add your no stuff here
author=Liberty
I don't see any \v in that bunch of code...

Well, you have to set a variable to equal something. So in the picture shown you could use it to check for if they have a certain amount of something. Variables are basically switches with more positions than just on and off. They have numbers which can be used to indicate many, many positions.

That said, what exactly are you trying to do? Check for gold or something? It's as easy as assigning a variable to equal your gold count, then checking with a conditional branch to see whether that variable is higher than the amount needed. So:
Thanks I did that earlier just not to that setup I have what it looks like above becuase it works I was kinda just showing what process I was taking, but you pretty much anwsered my question

Set Variable 005 = Gold
Conditional Branch: If (Variable 005) =/> 200
@=add your yes stuff here
Else
@= add your no stuff here
Thanks I did that earlier just not to that setup I have what it looks like above becuase it works I was kinda just showing what process I was taking, but you pretty much anwsered my question
Pages: 1