GAMES WITH UNIQUE BATTLES AND GOOD LONG STORIES

Pages: 1
Yo! So I've been doing some digging for a new RPG Maker game to play. I am wanting one that has a unique battle system, something you don't find everyday (or at least doesn't fall into the default battle system of the program). It can still be turn based and all, just some sort of spin on the average, know what I mean?
Also I am looking for it to be a good quality story, first and foremost really. Doesn't need to be super long, 8 hours and above but don't be afraid to post shorter ones. I am looking for a game I can really get into for a while.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated :D
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Sadly, most people either seem to care about gameplay or story, and not both.

I Miss the Sunrise was pretty solid. Sci fi tactical rpg with a really unusual battle system.
@ Zeraf
beat'em all

@ LockeZ
I Miss the Sunrise? Alright for sure, I'll check it out, thanks :D And I think you're right :I I mean, I've seen more than a few that had some nice stories and an interesting take on the battle system but one or both weren't executed properly :I
If you want something out of the ordinary, yume 2kki or .flow might be up your alley. As Japanese rm2k games, though, they can be difficult to get running -- PM me if you decide you're interested, but run into trouble.

There aren't any battles to speak of, and as for the story... Well, whatever. I'm sure you've heard of them already in some way or other.
I'd almost recommend my game (it has a unique battle system (Day Night System), and several interesting boss battles, and the plot spans on for one and a half games (it has a GamePlus with full playability, except that some areas the hero won't wanna go to)). The thing that would keep me from doing so, is that it's in permanent beta mode, as in, I update it enough that I have to reset the saves fairly often to test some new system or other, so I've never rightly gotten through the whole game. So if you're looking for something to play for a few hours maybe, but not to play for the full story. Not unless you wanna be a tester.

What I'd recommend instead is Forever's End. Loads of characters, I know it's beatable, and the plot and effects is up there with Final Fantasy (the real one, not the loads of boring copies that plague this site). Plus, there's a serious artist involved in the cutscenes.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
What was that one game with a suikoden plot but some actual gameplay in the battles?

Someone knows the one I mean

It's worth playing, probably. It's not on rpgmaker.net though I don't think.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
LockeZ
What was that one game with a suikoden plot but some actual gameplay in the battles?

Someone knows the one I mean

It's worth playing, probably. It's not on rpgmaker.net though I don't think.

http://site.scfworks.com/?page_id=10
Pages: 1