PROBLEM WITH RESPONDING TO THREADS/STATUSES

Pages: 1
I am relatively new to these forums here, and I seem to have trouble responding to threads and statuses. The first two days I responded to a thread easily enough, but now it won't let me. I keep getting a weird pink dialog box on the left side of the screen below where the "rmn" logo is next to my username, and it says "Hey Hey Hey Slow down buddy!" Can anyone enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong?

Edit: I am clicking Submit only once, just retried it to be sure. It is still giving me the same error, I couldn't respond to this thread... :( This is rather frustrating. I tried with preview, without preview, and even let it wait a minute, but it gives me the message right after clicking submit.

Edit 2: But apparently it lets me edit ones I've posted previously. Curiouser and curiouser.
It sounds like you're clicking the submit button more than once. Just click once, wait, and you should be all good!
It's to stop double posting on the forums - or attempts to do so. Basically there's a slight time delay before you can post again in the same topic.

If you're trying to post right after you already posted, please don't. Use the edit button instead. We don't really appreciate double or triple posting as they clutter up threads, hence adding the wait.

(I'm not really sure if this would still occur if you had more than one tab open and typed up two responses to two threads then posted one after the other, though.)

But yeah, wait for either someone else to reply/post or a few days before making a double post. Of course, if it's stopping you from posting for the first time in a thread, then it's definitely something worth reporting. There's a bug thread in the Feedback forum especially for this.
clear cookies! It is supposed to expire automagically after 15 seconds but maybe something in your browser hiccuped. Also try another browser to test to see if it works there..
author=Liberty
It's to stop double posting on the forums - or attempts to do so. Basically there's a slight time delay before you can post again in the same topic.
But yeah, wait for either someone else to reply/post or a few days before making a double post.

I was trying to respond to a thread involving a script that another member was working on for me. It worked fine for the first 2 responses, then started giving me the error. I even waited and tried again 2 days after the last reply I had from the other member.

author=Liberty
If you're trying to post right after you already posted, please don't. Use the edit button instead. We don't really appreciate double or triple posting as they clutter up threads, hence adding the wait.

I completely understand about trying to stop double/triple-posting in a single topic/thread, and am happy that you have a system here to help minimize it.

author=kentona
clear cookies! It is supposed to expire automagically after 15 seconds but maybe something in your browser hiccuped. Also try another browser to test to see if it works there..

I am going to test that out right now.

Edit: I cleared out the cookies and it worked. I am hoping that was the problem. Thanks again everyone, it was most appreciated!
Pages: 1