LET'S WORK ON YOUR GAME DESCRIPTIONS!

TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
author=nhubi
Nothing wring with the word perhaps, Teh.

I just don't like using the same word a lot like that and, when I notice it, it bothers me -x-
Hey Guys what dose this mean
Your submission, Nightmare School, was denied. Reason was: "3-5 in-game images required. Title screens and sample maps do not count as part of the initially required images. Do not break up your description like so because it makes it harder to read. Instead just write it normally. We have
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
You didn't include enough screen shots of actual in game maps.
Sorry guys I know this may not be what this page is
for however I want to know how to copy and past
Text In Rpgmaker MV Thanks.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=redwall10
Sorry guys I know this may not be what this page is
for however I want to know how to copy and past
Text In Rpgmaker MV Thanks.

Unless MV works drastically different than previous two makers (ie: VX/VX Ace), I've done it with highlighting the desired text, then using Control+C to copy. Then, after calling up the Message Box event-command, I press Control+V into the text field. There's usually formatting to be done to make the text readable (sometimes checking the "Batch text" button, or whatever it's called, for longer blats). Pressing F2 should give you a message-box preview.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Yay submission hapen

thanks TehGuy for your help.
Hey guys!

Thanks for this awesome thread!! My game was recently denied due to the description needing work.

I will paste it below, and if someone could please help me I would really appreciate it!!

----------------

Synopsis:

Rumors of a mysterious plague is running rampant through various parts of the world. What starts out as a disease becomes something mush worse, and the citizens start looking to those who claim to have the answer. A select few begin to hear a voice, a voice that tells them that salvation lies in unity. Follow each character as they join together in one of the last standing kingdoms in GALER, and are told the truth behind the end of the world and what they need to do to prevent it. Internal struggles coupled with outside forces wreak havoc on their ability to cope with the situation at hand, but they must accept themselves and each other if they hope to survive in what is soon to be a land of the dead.

Gameplay:

Old school Final Fantasy look and feel, coupled with survival horror elements from a zombie outbreak. You can choose four characters to go out on missions, while the remaining members stay back and defend the home castle from monsters and zombies.

Added Features:

Unique dual random battle engine! Random encounters occur both in your immediate party of four who are searching for survivors, and also back at your home castle in defending zombie hordes.

Magic creation! You can make new forms of magic by finding magical ingredients throughout the game, and testing different combinations of them! Very useful in finding magic for some non-mage characters later in the game!

Locate Traps skill! Not unlike traditional D&D, if you have a rogue on your team, they can roll a check to find hidden traps in dungeons!

TONS of character subplots and story changes! Just like the old school Final Fantasy games from the 90's, depending on which characters you have, (or don't have), in your immediate party, and depending on the time and location, there are over 40 different subplots involving characters which have a major impact on the game as a whole!! In other words, you may be able to save some characters, depending on the random elements occurring at once!!
Marrend
To be honest, GALER, all I'm really noticing is that the synopsis section says "follow each character" while the gameplay section says "choose a party of four"? I dunno, it might come off as a tad confusing.

Though, as an aside, the name of the nation should probably be "Galer" rather than "GALER".

As an aside, this setup kinda sounds familiar. There was a game (I think it was Shining Force EXA for PS2?), that had two protagonists. While one was out and about (the adventuring party), the other stayed behind with the others to protect the castle from incoming attacks.

*Edit: Sorry if I wasn't much help!
Hey Marrend,

Thanks for replying! Just thought I'd answer a couple of the 'asides'

---
Though, as an aside, the name of the nation should probably be "Galer" rather than "GALER."
---
The reason why I had all 5 letter capitalized was because they are the beginning initials of all my best friends in the game, and this campaign was role-played out in the world of GALER.

G- Graham
A- Alec
L- Luke
E- Eddie
R-Robert

-----------

As an aside, this setup kinda sounds familiar. There was a game (I think it was Shining Force EXA for PS2?), that had two protagonists. While one was out and about (the adventuring party), the other stayed behind with the others to protect the castle from incoming attacks.

----------

With my game, there are up to 24 characters which you can swap between the current party and home base, and there are no real main protagonists that need to be chosen at certain times. This way certain subplots can open between certain characters at certain times.

----------

But thanks for looking through it though! I was quite surprised when they said I had a lot of grammar and spelling mistakes and that's why it was denied...

Marrend
author=GALER
The reason why I had all 5 letter capitalized was because they are the beginning initials of all my best friends in the game, and this campaign was role-played out in the world of GALER.

G- Graham
A- Alec
L- Luke
E- Eddie
R- Robert

That might be an interesting tidbit for your game description! A personal aside, if you will. Though, I would still suggest "Galer" for the main text, as it's technically more correct this way.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Well first Marrend is right (as usual) Countries and cities are first letter capitalised. Whilst you have a reference for why you're using all capitals it doesn't make it grammatically correct and therefore is one of the reasons it's been rejected for description work.

Secondly, lose the multiple exclamation marks. In fact reading through it, lose all of them, nothing you've indicated is an exclamation, just information.

You don't need to reference FF twice (though I understand the appeal). Most of it flows pretty well, though it's much not mush in that first paragraph, but the last bit needs some clean up, other than the aforementioned exclamation marks.

TONSons of character subplots and story changes. Just like the old school Final Fantasy games from the 90's, depending on which characters you have, (or don't have) in your immediate active party and depending on the time and location, there are over 40 different subplots involving characters to explore which have a major impact on the game as a whole. In other words, you may be able to save some characters, depending on the random elements occurring at once!! incorporated into the gameplay.
Wow, thanks nhubi! And Marrend, thanks for the idea of using this in my description!!
Marrend
This is not a game description by any means, but, I've been ruminating over a graduation address Mitsuya Masako (Matsumori Days, Konae's Investigations) might give. So far, what I have looks something like...

Welcome to the commencement ceremony of Matsumori High's class of 2010! It is, admittedly, somewhat surreal to stand here before you like this. It has been a long road, these past few years. It has been a road filled with obstacles that were overcome. Regardless of whither these obstacles were curricular, extracurricular, or something not related to school at all, let us not forget the assistance of our friends, family, and faculty on overcoming those obstacles.

I suppose what I will miss most of all from leaving Matusmori High are the extracurricular activities. In my two years of debate club, it seems I have built a reputation that will last long after this ceremony. To speak nothing of my stint as student council president, and the services rendered to the honorable, but sadly absent, principal Ogyu. From these sources, I have developed a method to use my instincts as a means of protection against harm.

Let us look to the future now, seeing the doors of possibility thrown wide by having spent our time here. However, let us not forget those that allowed those doors to be open to us. Nor the place where we met them. Let us never forget Matsumori High. Where it all began.

...this. Suggestions, comments, etc, are welcome!
Guys i need help with my description's grammer could you please correct the grammers and reply the description with proper grammer back to me?

DESCRIPTION

What would you do if you woke up in a cave with no memories of who you are.
Where you live.What job you do.Why are you here.What will i do next.Why
are you doing this.This questions keeps thriving in the protoganist mind.
But through various events,various encounters,various things,he decides
to curve his own path.From now ill be this,ill do this next,im doing this
because of this.
Its a cruel world,where theres a war,a war against humans and demons.
What will you do in a situation like this?
Try the game now to find out.
Marrend
@tawman: My take on that would be something like...

In a war-torn world, a man wakes up in a cave with no memories. Who am I? Where did I live? What was my job? Why am I here? What am I going to do next? Such questions plague the mind of this game's protagonist. However, with various trials before him, he decides to cut a new path. One that had nothing to do with whatever he did, or who he was.

...that, maybe? Though, the thought occurs to me to change "the game's protagonist" to a proper name. Unless players get to choose/input his name, in which case, it's... probably okay to leave it as "the game's protagonist"?
Hi, I'm BKBL and today I come to share information about my current project.
I'm not very good at making large-scale publications but will do my best.

Technical details:

Regarding the game, it does not take long for development, but in its history, by now it has managed to finish.

The first series consists of 5 parts, not all anger parts into one complete game, the game will be divided by 5 parts of release.

The story is based on several events that occur on the planet Terra.

Fallen spirits, war, friendship, union and exploration, you can meet in this game besides fauna and new animals.

His story involves an issue that some consider taboo, the Bible, the existence of a supreme God and an evil being contrary to its creator.

90% of the material in this game is my creation.

Working hard on the project from approximately 50 days ago, a few days more or less.

... For all main characters they are the main characters, as they are all key parts of the story.

No more talk fails some videos below ...

Those who want to follow or follow the project can do so through me homepage.

Visit my official Facebook page...

Or stay on in this post that will update from 1-2 times per week.

Regards.

Use google translator, and this post has been denied me someone can help me ... :C
Marrend
I'm not terribly sure if I understand your description very well, but, this is what I'm getting:

The first game in a series of five, the story is based on events that occur on the planet Terra. With themes of fallen spirits, war, friendship, union, and exploration, you can meet <missing object?> in this game besides flora and fauna.

<proper name?>'s story involves an issue some would consider taboo: The Bible, the existence of God, and the Devil.

Personal aside:
Those who want to follow or follow the project can do so through my homepage, visit my official Facebook page, or subscribe to this page, where I hope to update 1-2 times per week!

Though, I'm sure there's more information to share, here. Or I'm just being blind. Then again, the game's only 50 days old, so, maybe there's still stuff that has to be worked out?
Hello. I'd appreciate if someone could take a look at my description and could let me know if they spot and glaring flaws.

Can't Be Stopped is a RPG Maker 2003 game in-development that primarily features what is known as a custom battle system (hence the name). This game started development late in the year of 2012 as a little hobby project that was lost mostly thanks to a careless roommate and a failure at proper file backup. However, where most projects die CBS was restarted, restored and eventually. With the official release of RPG Maker 2003 some much needed features are now possible which increased my motivation to work on this game.

The game stars Laryn a quiet a but kind teenager, that ends up wrapped up in a plot that threatening her home town and possibly the world. Along the way she encounters many absurd and possibly insane characters that will make you wonder if what she's doing is even worth it.

The core features of the game will (hopefully) include:

-A colorful cast of quirky allies and enemies.
-Simple Custom Battle System with a few bells and whistles.
-Custom Menu System with various features such as limited item storage, quest logs, and bestiary.
-A point based skill system allowing you customize Laryn's battle performance to fit your style.
-The ability to change Layrn's appearance which can add more options both inside and outside of combat.
Marrend
I dunno about glaring flaws, but, maybe some rearrangement. Like, the first paragraph is what I would call a personal aside; a fun fact about the game. Though, perhaps a bit much with the whole "what is known as a custom battle system" thing. That's just my opinion, though.

Anyway, basically, I would suggest something more like...
Laryn is a quiet, but kind teenager that ends up wrapped up in a plot that threatens her home, maybe even the world. Along the way, she meets many absurd (and possibly insane) characters that will make her (and you?) wonder if it's even worth the effort.

Features!
  • Colorful cast of crazy characters

• A simple customized battle system with few bells and whistles

• Custom menus with various features like limited item storage, quest logs, and bestiary

• Point-based skill system allows for customization of Laryn's skills

• Ability to change Layrn's appearance, which can add more options both in and out of combat

Personal aside
This game started out late 2012 as a hobby project. However, it was lost thanks to a careless roommate, and a failure to make backups. Rather than let it die, with the official release of RPG Maker 2003 (and the features it includes over the original illegally translated version), I aim to make this game see the light of day yet!

...this, or something like it.