LET'S WORK ON YOUR GAME DESCRIPTIONS!

i had this vague story in mind for a 2D platformer/sci fi anime.

it is the year 420X
the world is burning/dying.
there is no hope left.

however, using super advanced technology and A LOT of 420.
a young mexican drug dealer;
calls an inter dimensional magical girl, to help him kill all of his worst enemies, save his bro, and the whole universe.

just so they could all escape to the 'other world' together.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Oh, crap, this thread. I remember looking briefly at cradth's post, and thinking I'll get back to it. Now I've got Xoe's too.

I swear, I sometimes wish I had an "Okiku_crying" face.
author=Marrend
Oh, crap, this thread. I remember looking briefly at cradth's post, and thinking I'll get back to it. Now I've got Xoe's too.

I swear, I sometimes wish I had an "Okiku_crying" face.

haha...sorry, my friend. I feel guilty now to put such a long post, I was hope there's not many grammatical error but I couldn't help it, since I don't know the mistakes there. :(
Take your time Marrend ^_^""
I'm open to feedback blah blah
It's like this game but it's a 2d platform er?

Also it's Sci fi and japanese!!
Dark Sci fi. 420X
It's practically an anime!

the main character is empowered by there pistol.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/pixel-princess-blitz
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=XoeisCooI
i had this vague story in mind for a 2D platformer/sci fi anime.

it is the year 420X
the world is burning/dying.
there is no hope left.

however, using super advanced technology and A LOT of 420.
a young mexican drug dealer;
calls an inter dimensional magical girl, to help him kill all of his worst enemies, save his bro, and the whole universe.

just so they could all escape to the 'other world' together.
id play this
Cool you are it's fanbase
Marrend
Okay, let's get cracking!

@cradth: My suggestion would be something like...

In the year 779 MA, a hundred knights where chosen to go on a dangerous mission by the Epsylian Council. The mission, led by an Aelther Warlord code-named "Neptune", was to occupy, a camp of Looset Empire. This particular camp was a threat to the southern territories controlled by the Council.

It is generally believed that this raid had one survivor. It was Neptune, who actually betrayed the others in the raid, but used the incident for personal gain. However, there was one lesser-known survivor, and for good reason.

Alcein was one of the warriors sent by the Council under the command of Neptune. He saw, first-hand, Neptune's betrayal. His faith shattered, he soon found himself wandering between the the worlds of the living and the dead. He was revived by a demon, and made more powerful with four other souls living in his body. With his new-found power, he returns in a glorious blaze, slaying thousands, and claimed a title in his own right.

Of course, the demon that revived Alcein made a contract with him, and is fully expecting to be paid when the contract is up. Will Alcen's thirst for vengeance spark another war? Is there any way he can make peace with himself before his contract is up?

...this.

@XoeisCooI: My take on that would be something like...

The year is 420X. The world is dying. The world is burning. There is no hope left.

No, let us correct that. There is one small sliver of hope left in this world. In an isolated pocket of what little civilization remains, a Mexican drug-dealer managed to cobble together nothing short of a miracle. With super-advanced technology, and A LOT of 420, he calls forth an inter-dimensional magical girl! Maybe, with her help, he can save his brother? Maybe even the entire universe!?

If all else fails, maybe, just maybe, they can all escape to the "other world" together.

...this? The thing I'm least certain about is what 420 is. Then again, I might not want to know what it is, or how a Mexican drug dealer would get some in a post-apocalyptic (during-apocalypse?) world.
Marrend I hope to learn how to write better soon! I like how you wrote it :D

sorry ill be more clear next time since this is a game desc >_>''
420 is there to throw people off, the secret is '420' is more like this
(for dramatic story purposes)

A Tale of Two Cities

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair…

Guns, death, money, fear, blood, tears.
Videogames.

Hope.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00751023
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/05/150519132758.htm
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01860807

@Marrend.
A big thanks to you, friend. :) That's really fast. Love the details in your suggestion^^ I'll submit this version with a few improvement from my own references, like this :

In the year 779 MA, a hundred knights where chosen to go on a dangerous mission by the Epsylian Council. The mission, led by an Aelther Warlord code-named "Neptune", was to occupy, a camp of Looset Empire. This particular camp was a threat to the southern territories controlled by the Kingdoms Alliance.

It is generally believed that this raid had one survivor. It was Neptune, who actually betrayed the others in the raid, but used the incident for personal gain. Alcein was one of the knights sent by the Council under the command of Neptune. He saw, first-hand, Neptune's betrayal. His faith shattered, he soon found himself wandering between the the worlds of the living and the dead.

He was revived by a demon, and made more powerful with three other souls living in his body. With his new-found power, he returns in a glorious blaze, slaying thousands, and claimed a title in his own right.

Of course, the demon that revived Alcein made a contract with him, and is fully expecting to be paid when the contract is up. Will Alcen's thirst for vengeance spark another war? Is there any way he can make peace with himself before his contract is up?

Is this correct? I do hope they accepted this time. :)
Marrend
Whoops! There's a comma between "occupy" and "a camp" that I forgot to remove! My bad! Also, wasn't it four souls that he inherited from the demon?

*re-checks post*

author=cradth
...One day later, Alcein is revived and becomes more powerful with four souls in his body...

Yeah, that's how I'm reading this. If you meant that he inherited three souls, for a total of four, what you have is probably fine. Only other thing to note is that I'm pretty sure the "Alcein was one of the Knights..." sentence and the "He was revived by a demon..." sentence should be in the same paragraph?
@Marrend,
Oh, I missed that comma too, haha thanks. Yeah, I meant he inherited three souls, for a total of four. Ah got it, if I seperate these paragraphs, it wasn't clear who is "He" in "He was revived by a demon..." , my bad. Thank you so much, friend. One question, is there a good application to do a grammar checker by ourself? I hope you have a great day. ^^
Marrend
Funnily enough, I'm not particularly aware of a program (or website) that does grammar checks? I sense a Google search should reveal a number of possibilities, though.
author=Marrend
Funnily enough, I'm not particularly aware of a program (or website) that does grammar checks? I sense a Google search should reveal a number of possibilities, though.

yeah I found it by googling. I'm going to give it a try. Thank you, my friend. :)
Please help to correct grammatical errors and to correctly place the words in sentences. I badly know English and had description to do with the help of online translator.
Game description:
"You control the Princess Ninjato, you need to go through the levels, collecting NeoCrystals and simultaneously killing a few enemies. You fly your friend Siluna, she's a fairy, like the Princess. On your way will meet obstacles, that without the help Siluna not be overcome, so try to Siluna not behind you. And Yes, Siluna order get in the way when you have to do a jewelry pixel jumps, so you'll have to get used to it. The main character only shoots to the right, keep this in mind when you will approach the enemy. Another important point of gameplay, is that Ninjato during a jump may stick with the side walls for 1-2 seconds if you keep the direction to the wall. With this, you can do the extra jump from the wall. This feature will be in demand when passing certain places in the game, so you should learn how to do the wall jumps.
The game is small, like most platformers on the early gaming consoles, but to pass, you will have to apply the game skill. And Yes, it is worth mentioning one feature in the game: make the jump, the following should do right away, and after waiting about 0.4-0.5 seconds, otherwise the character can not jump.
The startup file of the game changed and has no digital signature. When you start the game, Windows will curse and even block the running game, consider this."
Marrend
To be honest, I am exceptionally confused about your description. A few questions, if I may.

• Why is Siluna keep getting caught in obstacles when Ninjato is not?

Is she a more curious fae, and prone to being caught in traps? Is it her sheer size (Very small? Very large?) more prone to being caught in said obstacles? What's her deal?

• Wall-jumping!?

You say straight off the bat that Ninjato flies her friend across the various levels. Okay, nothing wrong with this. Then, you say Siluna is a faerie "like the princess". Okay, that probably means she can fly too. So... what, exactly, is the purpose of wall-jumping? Is it more a stamina thing? Can they only fly for so long before their energy runs out, and need to rest? Is that the angle you're using?

• What kind of game is this?

You say the character only shoots to the right, and to keep that in mind while playing. This suggests to me that this game is a shoot-em-up that scrolls to the right automatically. Think R-Type, or Gradius. This could be an excellent fit for this game, as it is presented, were it not for the mention of the wall-jump mechanics throwing me for a loop. So, what is this game? Some manner of platformer where players have to strategize their positioning in regards to fighting enemies?
author=Marrend
To be honest, I am exceptionally confused about your description. A few questions, if I may.

• Why is Siluna keep getting caught in obstacles when Ninjato is not?
Is she a more curious fae, and prone to being caught in traps? Is it her sheer size (Very small? Very large?) more prone to being caught in said obstacles? What's her deal?
-Siluna - she flies over the main character. The hero controlled by the player, his name is Princess Ninjato.

• Wall-jumping!?
You say straight off the bat that Ninjato flies her friend across the various levels. Okay, nothing wrong with this. Then, you say Siluna is a faerie "like the princess". Okay, that probably means she can fly too. So... what, exactly, is the purpose of wall-jumping? Is it more a stamina thing? Can they only fly for so long before their energy runs out, and need to rest? Is that the angle you're using?
-Siluna is automatically controlled in order to keep up with the main character but she might cling to the corners. So need to wait for her. Princess Ninjato - fairy, but she is attracted to the floor, so she had to jump as a man through the pits. Princess looks like a fairy only in appearance. To jump from the walls is necessary in order to climb higher on the screen.

• What kind of game is this?
You say the character only shoots to the right, and to keep that in mind while playing. This suggests to me that this game is a shoot-em-up that scrolls to the right automatically. Think R-Type, or Gradius. This could be an excellent fit for this game, as it is presented, were it not for the mention of the wall-jump mechanics throwing me for a loop. So, what is this game? Some manner of platformer where players have to strategize their positioning in regards to fighting enemies?
-The game is not a scroller. You just don't have the ability to choose where to shoot. If you look to the left and the enemy will be on the left, the character will still shoot to the right. Therefore it is necessary to choose the position of the hero so that the enemy was right.
Marrend
Hrm. Players needing to get her "unstuck" might be considered as a gameplay flaw regardless of the reasoning behind it. However, this is not the thread to discuss that. Anyway, this is what I have for you, based on the information that I understand:

Princess Ninjato and her friend, Siluna, are faeries who seek the NeoCrystals. They must traverse through several places, fraught with obstacles and danger, in order to get them! With Ninjato's ability to fire her wand in exactly one direction, and Siluna's propensity to get stuck in the worst curcumstances, the task ahead of them is harder than it seems!

Please let me know if this works for you.
author=Marrend
Hrm. Players needing to get her "unstuck" might be considered as a gameplay flaw regardless of the reasoning behind it. However, this is not the thread to discuss that. Anyway, this is what I have for you, based on the information that I understand:

Princess Ninjato and her friend, Siluna, are faeries who seek the NeoCrystals. They must traverse through several places, fraught with obstacles and danger, in order to get them! With Ninjato's ability to fire her wand in exactly one direction, and Siluna's propensity to get stuck in the worst curcumstances, the task ahead of them is harder than it seems!

Please let me know if this works for you.
-Well like normal, only the description is too truncated and my game will not be allowed to post. Should be at least 500 characters in the description.
Marrend
I am perfectly aware of the 500 character minimum. If you are looking to me to fill that, the only thing I can think of to add to that would be something like...

Gameplay
Players take control of Princess Ninjato, with the AI taking control of Siluna. While Siluna is able to fly and follow the princess that way, Ninjato is grounded. However, Ninjato has the ability to wall-jump. Ninjato's wall-jump will be used in several places, so it is advised you practice it often and early!

...this? The point I'm least certain about from your original post is...

author=MorphingThruTime, snipped
...make the jump, the following should do right away, and after waiting about 0.4-0.5 seconds, otherwise the character can not jump.

...this point. Are you trying to say "To double-jump, wait about 0.4 to 0.5 seconds after the initial jump activates," or something like this?