GOURD'S QUEST 3 - FORUM ADVENTURE GAME!

Posts

Pages: 1
OP:
Hiya guys, since I got back I decided I REALLY wanted to play another game of Gourd's Quest with you peoples.

If you haven't played before, I basically will be writing a story, the third in a trilogy, based on choices you guys make. I write, you choose! It's a lot of fun for everyone since I love seeing how you guys react to what I throw at you, and it doesn't take much effort to participate.

Note: There will be suggested options after each piece of the story, but feel free to get creative if you can think of another way to solve problems, or a fun way to talk to people.

The OP will be important as it will contain important information for your choices. The OP is a Main Menu of sorts containing your Party, Inventory, the Story Thus Far, and last and probably least: The Option History.

Though you don't need to know what happened in the previous Gourd's Quests, it could help you have a better time appreciating names of people, details, etcetera... but ultimately you'll still be able to follow what's happening without them. You can find them here:
GQ1: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/11604/
GQ2: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/12010/

One last thing, in GQ3 there are two parties you'll be in control of. You'll see the beginning of both parties' stories, then you'll take control of Richard's Party. You can switch between parties at any time the option "> Switch Party" is present. Sometimes, one party can't continue until the other has progressed. The inactive party's menu will be in a hide tag under the active party's menu.

Main Menu

~Richard's Party~
Richard McKree the Rich, Slightly Snobbish Aristocrat
??? the Baby Blueberry Dragon
~Inventory~

:: Richard ::
Gold Plated Underwear
Fruit Knife with ornate handle
Diamond Painted Bidet Remote with Internet Connectivity
Classy Tuxedo ~Monaerie Values~

-Classy Tuxedo Pockets - 5 Panels Left - 3 Panel(s) in Use

Pocket Change: $7500 (1 Panel)
Diamond Encrusted Phone with Hologram Capability (1 Panel)
Tarvatio Red Vines Wine, 1934 (1 Panel)

:: His highness, the Divine, the Conquerer on blue wings, Lord Blugon II of The Royal Household of Blueberry Drakes ::
Cute Little Baby Horns ~<3
Infinity Scales
Round Dragon Tag
42 Wallabe Way, Sidney


-Stomach - 0 Panels Left - 1 Panel(s) in Use
??? (1 Panel)

-Infinity Scales - 10 Panels Left - 0 Panel(s) in Use



...

~Ted's Party~
Ted Bear the Brave-Hearted Child

~Inventory~

:: Ted ::
Stinky Adventurer Hand-Me-Downs
Deceased Father's Favorite Hammer
Adventure Time Bag

-Adventure Time Bag - 17 Panels Left - 3 Panel(s) in Use

Father's Picture (1 Panel)
Adventurer's Phone with Sonar Capabilities ~Present from Uncle Dick~ (1 Panel)
A "Don't Judge Me" Teddy Bear (1 Panel)



Story Thus Far...

You wake up earlier than usual, and wipe the eye boogars away. You're usually a motivated spirit, but today is special! Today, you're going to meet your pen pal who lives far up North in a Monasin settlement. You can't help but fantasize about all the fun things you'll do together. It'll help you get your mind off of...other things in your life. Namely, the departure of your father. Since then, your mother's pretty much said "yes" to everything, allowing your trip, so...silver lining? You realize you've been ignoring the main phone's ringing while you were lost in early morning thought. You jump out of bed, grab a few things you'll need for the trip, then scurry to the phone before it stops ringing. On the other side of the line is a rather distraught sounding Uncle Dick!
"Hey?! Hey, please I need help! These tyrants have come into my house and-"
"Hey, hey! Slow down, Uncle Dick! What's wrong?"
"Ted? D-don't call me Uncle Dick you little sh-! Uh, never mind, put your mom on the phone, please!"
"Mom's sleeping. Something I can do for you?"
"PUT YOUR- ugh, Ted I NEED to speak to your mother, I'm in trouble wi-"
The line is dropped and Uncle Dick stops talking.
"Uncle Dick?"
You try dialing his number again, but the line is definitely disconnected. You can't just let your Uncle get hurt! You charge into your mother's room screaming your head off. This upsets her a little too much, and she chalks up the gibberish that you're spewing to excitement over the trip. Fine, if she won't help Uncle Dick, YOU will. You both go outside, and pack the car full of trip necessities. Then, you hop in and your mother starts driving down the winding road of sure adventure. This is going to be fun.
...

Several hours earlier
Richard's Party

...
Ugh, another putrid little creature has sneaked into your home. Before you stands a Thog. It's pig like features only make its brown fur look uglier. And you're sure those tusks haven't been brushed in, like, ever! Annoyingly enough, the little devil is in your luxurious mansion. Your chef scurried off somewhere for some drugged food so that you can "humanely" dispose of it. Honestly, you're sure it'd be more humane to let the bugger fight for its life. You've grabbed a rather ornate knife off the stand nearby, and are ready to strike. You wonder if your chef will resign if you kill it this way. Oh, what was his name again? You never really bothered to learn his name since you don't particularly...mingle with persons of a lower social class than yourself. But, the man can make some damn good coffee. Regardless, the Thog is foaming at the mouth, savoring your indecisiveness. Time to choose or lose!
The beast turns out to be well-versed in the politics of the local area, and is unaffected by your lecture. Luckily though, he's unaware of national politics, and the Helix vs. Luc water supply debate is more than enough to crush its puny mind. The repugnant beast falls dead without even a drop of blood on your exotic carpet! You clap for yourself, then notice your chef barreling into the room loudly yelling. He's so caught up in being frantic that he trips over the Thog's corpse, and then gives you a thumbs up with with his cooking battered hands. He stands up dust himself off and speaks,
"Good job, this'll make great eating for your guests Sir McKree! I'll make sure he's ready right away."
He visibly rolls his eyes when he says good job, but you're more interested in what he said than how he said it.
"Guests? I invited no guests you silly chocolate peasant. Melquior why do you insist on daydreaming?"
"Huh? If you're not having guests, what's with the stuffy looking jerks outside?"
You shoot him a look for implying that you associate with 'stuffy looking jerks', but cautiously approach the window and look out calmly. As soon as you look out, men and women in yellow combat vests break into your house simultaneously through shattering your ornately painted windows, including the one you're currently peering out of! You jump back defensively, and stab instinctively. The woman you catch with your knife is inflicted with a large gash across her face to your pleasure. You start running into the kitchen Melquior is motioning you to enter, however an ample amount of men far stronger than you block your path. The woman behind you clamors for revenge, so you kick her producing a pig-like yelp. You'll have to think to get out of this one! "Hasta la bye bye!" you scoff at the crowd as you jump out the window. You feel like James Bond until you realize you cut your hand. It'll ruin your suit, but to avoid being tracked, you tear off a little bit of the cloth and wrap your hand. You quickly sprint to the nearby village, your mind filled with contempt and the sound of sirens getting closer. You go down a secluded alley to hide away. Your body...definitely wasn't made for running as much as cunning. Falling back on a nearby wall, you fall into a peaceful slumber.

...

Ow! You wake up to find a very round shiny blue dragon nibbling on your fancy shoes.
"Scat you little vermin!"
It looks hurt and lets out a raptor-esque roar. Your noble blood isn't in the slightest bit intimidated.
"Oh, shut up you giant blueberry."
It circles you a little bit, then plops down on your leg. Looking at its round shape, you can tell it's a house pet. You're a lot alike, you were both ousted from your comfy lives into this rather dreary alley. Despite the fact you don't also share a love for the taste of shoe, the two of you become friends in just an hour.
You stand up, pull your pants up, and leave the alleyway determined to find a way to reclaim your manor, law or no law.
Little does, well, anyone know on the outskirts of the hot, waterless desert town of Tarvatio lies another waterless landmark. A well! Within lays the hush-hush entrance to your not-so-humble abode. Grabbing your chubby new companion, you jump in using him to cushion the landing. His pride is damaged by the time you get to the bottom of the mildew ridden well, but otherwise you're both unharmed. Subsequently, you grab the key from behind the rock with your family's insignia etched into it, unlock the door, and return the key to its rightful place. The two of you casually stroll into the door and find your self in your most luxurious wine cellar... Sure enough, the heathens have infested even the most sacred of grounds. You'd think their mother would have taught them messing with a grown man's booze is dangerous. They seem to be talking. From their English... if you could even call it that, you conclude they must be much too young to be drinking, let alone be in the Gourd Military. Two mere hood rats who found your secret entrance. You haven't been listening all this time, but now that you know they're no threat... it might not hurt to... "Gather Data". Not sure what to do, you naturally look to your only current ally. You wink at him, and like a parrot mimicking speaking, the blue cotton swab winks back. Which isn't to say that he was particularly ready to grabbed roughly and man handled. It freaks out and flails desperately trying to escape your grasp. Probably having flashbacks to entering the well, huh? You hold the blue dragon up over your head, realize how silly this is, and begin to speak.
"I AM THE GREAT AND MIGHTY OZ. ER, DRAGON WHO KILLS BOOZE THIEVES!!"
You hear three sets of feet all stand up, and two voices scream like little girls. Ironically, as you walk out from behind the wine rack, you see two teen males run out the door. Great, now they're wandering around in your mansion! You look at Blue distastefully as if it were his fault, then realize you overlooked a third person. Before you stands the most beautiful woman you've ever seen tied to a nearby wine rack. She's got long flowing red hair, yet strangely there are no freckles in sight. She has very little makeup on and her beauty is natural. She wearing a long, glimmery green dress that makes her look like she just got here from the red carpet! She looks a little disheartened from the way you're examining her, but you're a gentleman. You have Blue go to work at nibbling at the ropes and freeing her. Meanwhile, you browse your selection of wines and try to start a conversation.
"So, what are you doing in my wine cellar, if I may ask?"
"..."
She doesn't respond. In fact, she doesn't respond to any of your questions.
"Why won't you answer me? I insure you, I'm more noble than to harm you!"
Around then, you turn around after snatching a bottle, and she's now been loosed from her bonds. She points to her throat, then shakes her head "no".
"Oh! Please forgive me, I didn't know you were mute. "
She smiles warmly, then bows as if to leave. H-hey! Where's she going? Now is your chance to stop her if you're going to. She walks out the door, and you can't help but think: What a curious woman! Why was a total (-ly hot) weirdo tied up in MY Wine Cellar? With the somewhat audacious belief that you deserve to know everything, you follow the woman. With her far in the lead, the three of you begin walking down the basement hallway. You're caked in shadows, impossible to be seen. Thank god you were too cheap to fix the lights down here! She walks slowly, hugging herself as if cold, and looks around as if frightened and a little confused. At the sight of it, you infer she probably hasn't seen much more of your house than her temporary prison. Then, she stops, hesitates, then goes into a nearby room on the right side of the hallway. She's entered your personal vault room...! You knew something was off about her! You hop to it, yelling "Aha!" when you burst into your lavishly furnished vault room. Within, you find the very tense looking woman back to you, her hand still on the number pad. Was she trying to guess your password? She turns around, her long red hair flowing with the motion, and shakes her head in an attempt to clear her name. Then, she proceeds to point beyond the glass wall at your giant stacks of ever lovelier moolah.
"Yeah, I can see you're trying to steal my money." you say in an irritated voice.
You step forward, Blue in tow, intending to throw the brigand upstairs into the vast amount of officers upstairs. She puts her hands up as if to say "stop". And gives a desperate face, pointing again into your vault. She tilts her head like a dog in order to assess your understanding, but is exasperated by the answer your face gives.


Option History:
> Bore it to death with politics
> Go out the broken window nearby
> Sneak into mansion through secret passage
>Hold his highness, the divine, the conquerer on blue wings, lord blugon II of the royal household of blueberry drakes up over the rack and pretend to be the dragon who kills booze thieves.
> Deny woman into party and...
> Other: Secretly follow her.


Beginning of Story:
Ted's Party
You wake up earlier than usual, and wipe the eye boogars away. You're usually a motivated spirit, but today is special! Today, you're going to meet your pen pal who lives far up North in a Monasin settlement. You can't help but fantasize about all the fun things you'll do together. It'll help you get your mind off of...other things in your life. Namely, the departure of your father. Since then, your mother's pretty much said "yes" to everything, allowing your trip, so...silver lining? You realize you've been ignoring the main phone's ringing while you were lost in early morning thought. You jump out of bed, grab a few things you'll need for the trip, then scurry to the phone before it stops ringing. On the other side of the line is a rather distraught sounding Uncle Dick!
"Hey?! Hey, please I need help! These tyrants have come into my house and-"
"Hey, hey! Slow down, Uncle Dick! What's wrong?"
"Ted? D-don't call me Uncle Dick you little sh-! Uh, never mind, put your mom on the phone, please!"
"Mom's sleeping. Something I can do for you?"
"PUT YOUR- ugh, Ted I NEED to speak to your mother, I'm in trouble wi-"
The line is dropped and Uncle Dick stops talking.
"Uncle Dick?"
You try dialing his number again, but the line is definitely disconnected. You can't just let your Uncle get hurt! You charge into your mother's room screaming your head off. This upsets her a little too much, and she chalks up the gibberish that you're spewing to excitement over the trip. Fine, if she won't help Uncle Dick, YOU will. You both go outside, and pack the car full of trip necessities. Then, you hop in and your mother starts driving down the winding road of sure adventure. This is going to be fun.
...

Several hours earlier
Richard's Party

...
Ugh, another putrid little creature has sneaked into your home. Before you stands a Thog. It's pig like features only make its brown fur look uglier. And you're sure those tusks haven't been brushed in, like, ever! Annoyingly enough, the little devil is in your luxurious mansion. Your chef scurried off somewhere for some drugged food so that you can "humanely" dispose of it. Honestly, you're sure it'd be more humane to let the bugger fight for its life. You've grabbed a rather ornate knife off the stand nearby, and are ready to strike. You wonder if your chef will resign if you kill it this way. Oh, what was his name again? You never really bothered to learn his name since you don't particularly...mingle with persons of a lower social class than yourself. But, the man can make some damn good coffee. Regardless, the Thog is foaming at the mouth, savoring your indecisiveness. Time to choose or lose!

Options:
> Kill the Bugger with a stab to the heart
> Appease the beast with a Thog promotional video on your phone
> Throw your bidet remote at it
> Wait until your chef arrives
> Bore it to death with a lecture on politics
> Throw money at it
> Other: Do what you'd like!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
3945
Obviously, we should bore it to death with a lecture on politics. 'Nuff said.
Options:
> Bore it to death with a lecture on politics

Results:
The beast turns out to be well-versed in the politics of the local area, and is unaffected by your lecture. Luckily though, he's unaware of national politics, and the Helix vs. Luc water supply debate is more than enough to crush its puny mind. The repugnant beast falls dead without even a drop of blood on your exotic carpet! You clap for yourself, then notice your chef barreling into the room loudly yelling. He's so caught up in being frantic that he trips over the Thog's corpse, and then gives you a thumbs up with with his cooking battered hands. He stands up dust himself off and speaks,
"Good job, this'll make great eating for your guests Sir McKree! I'll make sure he's ready right away."
He visibly rolls his eyes when he says good job, but you're more interested in what he said than how he said it.
"Guests? I invited no guests you silly chocolate peasant. Melquior why do you insist on daydreaming?"
"Huh? If you're not having guests, what's with the stuffy looking jerks outside?"
You shoot him a look for implying that you associate with 'stuffy looking jerks', but cautiously approach the window and look out calmly. As soon as you look out, men and women in yellow combat vests break into your house simultaneously through shattering your ornately painted windows, including the one you're currently peering out of! You jump back defensively, and stab instinctively. The woman you catch with your knife is inflicted with a large gash across her face to your pleasure. You start running into the kitchen Melquior is motioning you to enter, however an ample amount of men far stronger than you block your path. The woman behind you clamors for revenge, so you kick her producing a pig-like yelp. You'll have to think to get out of this one!

Options:
> Throw bidet remote into crowd and run through them in confusion
> Yell for Melquior to throw a radish bomb into the opposing group
> Use the wounded woman as a hostage to get through
> Project your voice to the dead Thog and pretend to be the almighty Thog God
> Go out the broken window nearby
> Throw money at group
> Switch Party
> Other: Do what you'd like!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
5799
This is a perfect time to---
> Go out the broken window nearby
Option:
> Go out the broken window nearby

Results:
"Hasta la bye bye!" you scoff at the crowd as you jump out the window. You feel like James Bond until you realize you cut your hand. It'll ruin your suit, but to avoid being tracked, you tear off a little bit of the cloth and wrap your hand. You quickly sprint to the nearby village, your mind filled with contempt and the sound of sirens getting closer. You go down a secluded alley to hide away. Your body...definitely wasn't made for running as much as cunning. Falling back on a nearby wall, you fall into a peaceful slumber.

...

Ow! You wake up to find a very round shiny blue dragon nibbling on your fancy shoes.
"Scat you little vermin!"
It looks hurt and lets out a raptor-esque roar. Your noble blood isn't in the slightest bit intimidated.
"Oh, shut up you giant blueberry."
It circles you a little bit, then plops down on your leg. Looking at its round shape, you can tell it's a house pet. You're a lot alike, you were both ousted from your comfy lives into this rather dreary alley. Despite the fact you don't also share a love for the taste of shoe, the two of you become friends in just an hour.
You stand up, pull your pants up, and leave the alleyway determined to find a way to reclaim your manor, law or no law.

Options:
> Go to the address on the blue dragon's tag
> Sneak back into mansion through secret passage
> Call kitchen phone to contact Melquior
> Call sister in Grand City Borchi
> Visit Meat Shop
> Visit Drewry Clinic
> Call in a favor from...an associate
> Switch Party
> Other: Do what you'd like!

Someone needs to name the little blue dragon! Whoever names the blue dragon may not choose the next action.

Note about dragon: Blue dragon has 2 "inventories". They say if a blueberry dragon is an adult, there's an infinite amount of space in its scales. Among other benefits of course. Feed it an item and later another comes out. Don't overfeed him though!

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
3945
From henceforth, the blueberry dragon shall be kwown as:
His highness, the Divine, the Conquerer on blue wings, Lord Blugon II of The Royal Household of Blueberry Drakes.

(He gets angry whenever you don't say his full name)
Sounds good to me. All we need now is someone to choose the next option.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
3787
> Sneak back into mansion through secret passage

Let's see just how BOND this fellow is! Or, perhaps, if he can turn into a RAMBO.
Options:
> Sneak back into mansion through secret passage

Results:
Little does, well, anyone know on the outskirts of the hot, waterless desert town of Tarvatio lies another waterless landmark. A well! Within lays the hush-hush entrance to your not-so-humble abode. Grabbing your chubby new companion, you jump in using him to cushion the landing. His pride is damaged by the time you get to the bottom of the mildew ridden well, but otherwise you're both unharmed. Subsequently, you grab the key from behind the rock with your family's insignia etched into it, unlock the door, and return the key to its rightful place. The two of you casually stroll into the door and find your self in your most luxurious wine cellar... Sure enough, the heathens have infested even the most sacred of grounds. You'd think their mother would have taught them messing with a grown man's booze is dangerous. They seem to be talking. From their English... if you could even call it that, you conclude they must be much too young to be drinking, let alone be in the Gourd Military. Two mere hood rats who found your secret entrance. You haven't been listening all this time, but now that you know they're no threat... it might not hurt to... "Gather Data".

Results:
> Eavesdrop on the teens
> Throw Blue over the wine rack onto your unsuspecting victims
> Grab a wine bottle, sneak up behind them, and knock them both out
> Hold Blue up over racks and pretend to be the Dragon Who Kills Booze Thieves
> Switch Party
> Other: Do What You'd Like
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
3945
>Hold his highness, the divine, the conquerer on blue wings, lord blugon II of the royal household of blueberry drakes up over the rack and pretend to be the dragon who kills booze thieves.
Options:
>Hold his highness, the divine, the conquerer on blue wings, lord blugon II of the royal household of blueberry drakes up over the rack and pretend to be the dragon who kills booze thieves.

Results:
Not sure what to do, you naturally look to your only current ally. You wink at him, and like a parrot mimicking speaking, the blue cotton swab winks back. Which isn't to say that he was particularly ready to grabbed roughly and man handled. It freaks out and flails desperately trying to escape your grasp. Probably having flashbacks to entering the well, huh? You hold the blue dragon up over your head, realize how silly this is, and begin to speak.
"I AM THE GREAT AND MIGHTY OZ. ER, DRAGON WHO KILLS BOOZE THIEVES!!"
You hear three sets of feet all stand up, and two voices scream like little girls. Ironically, as you walk out from behind the wine rack, you see two teen males run out the door. Great, now they're wandering around in your mansion! You look at Blue distastefully as if it were his fault, then realize you overlooked a third person. Before you stands the most beautiful woman you've ever seen tied to a nearby wine rack. She's got long flowing red hair, yet strangely there are no freckles in sight. She has very little makeup on and her beauty is natural. She wearing a long, glimmery green dress that makes her look like she just got here from the red carpet! She looks a little disheartened from the way you're examining her, but you're a gentleman. You have Blue go to work at nibbling at the ropes and freeing her. Meanwhile, you browse your selection of wines and try to start a conversation.
"So, what are you doing in my wine cellar, if I may ask?"
"..."
She doesn't respond. In fact, she doesn't respond to any of your questions.
"Why won't you answer me? I insure you, I'm more noble than to harm you!"
Around then, you turn around after snatching a bottle, and she's now been loosed from her bonds. She points to her throat, then shakes her head "no".
"Oh! Please forgive me, I didn't know you were mute. "
She smiles warmly, then bows as if to leave. H-hey! Where's she going? Now is your chance to stop her if you're going to.

Options:
> Accept woman into party and...
or
> Deny woman into party and...
then
>...Go upstairs to Kitchen
>...Go to Washing Room
>...Go to old Master Bedroom
>...Search Wine Cellar for treasure
>...Switch party
>...Other: Do What You'd Like!

Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
3787
> Deny woman into party and...
> Other: Secretly follow her.

How suspicious for a strange mute girl to be tied up in your basement! Too suspicious!
Options:
> Deny woman into party and...
> Other: Secretly follow her.

Results:
She walks out the door, and you can't help but think: What a curious woman! Why was a total (-ly hot) weirdo tied up in MY Wine Cellar? With the somewhat audacious belief that you deserve to know everything, you follow the woman. With her far in the lead, the three of you begin walking down the basement hallway. You're caked in shadows, impossible to be seen. Thank god you were too cheap to fix the lights down here! She walks slowly, hugging herself as if cold, and looks around as if frightened and a little confused. At the sight of it, you infer she probably hasn't seen much more of your house than her temporary prison. Then, she stops, hesitates, then goes into a nearby room on the right side of the hallway. She's entered your personal vault room...! You knew something was off about her! You hop to it, yelling "Aha!" when you burst into your lavishly furnished vault room. Within, you find the very tense looking woman back to you, her hand still on the number pad. Was she trying to guess your password? She turns around, her long red hair flowing with the motion, and shakes her head in an attempt to clear her name. Then, she proceeds to point beyond the glass wall at your giant stacks of ever lovelier moolah.
"Yeah, I can see you're trying to steal my money." you say in an irritated voice.
You step forward, Blue in tow, intending to throw the brigand upstairs into the vast amount of officers upstairs. She puts her hands up as if to say "stop". And she gives you a desperate face, pointing again into your vault. She tilts her head like a dog in order to assess your understanding, but is exasperated by the answer your face gives.

Options:
> Throw the gold digger into the army's care
> Open up vault and inspect
> Take comfort knowing she'll never guess the password anyway and leave
> Switch party
> Other: Do what you'd like!
Pages: 1