Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Surprise!

So I just added small 10 MS achievements for the following:

Pic of the Moment feature
RMN TV feature
Writing spot feature
Game/Dev Spotlight feature

There are also "redux" achievements, meaning you can earn up to two per category (and many have already!). I grandfathered everything, which is why some of you suddenly have 3-4 achievements in your notices. :)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
uh yeah i was like "hwat" but this makes sense

coolio
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
*w*

Assigning credit is going to be the biggest challenge.

Please note that for games that are featured and whatnot, only those listed as leads or devs will get the achievement credit. If I see artists specified in the credits and it's a screenshot or something, I'll make an exception.

If you're credited as an "Other" and had a role in a featured gamespot/screenshot, feel free to let me know so you can get the achievement. I'm giving it to leads/devs, but like I said, some people may be credited as "others" who had a major role.

For example, a mapper made an environment featured as a Pic of the Moment, but they are credited as an Other. Let me know and I'll give the achievement to the mapper as well as the leads/devs.

tl;dr version: Give us a PM if you should have an achievement for something but don't!
This is a good idea, but with one caveat: People's achievement section in their profile will become saturated with these smaller 10 MS ones, obscuring the ones they may hold in higher esteem like Contest Winner or Review Drive w/ 10+ reviews.

If anything, the same single achievement should be used, replaced by a slightly shinier one each incarnation, worth the equivalent MS.
I didn't paginate the personal Achievements page, so it will show the entire historical list of achievements chronologically.

EDIT:
Why isn't the game one "Limelight! I choose you!" "Game! I choose you"?
This is really going to throw the monthly stats out of wack with # of 'chivos.

It netted me 10 more MS so I am totally cool with it. Maybe we could order them by Size then Date? Show the big prestigious ones first?
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Yeah, some way to sort would be cool. Otherwise we could make Redux worth 20 and remove the older achievement.

I can rename the Limelight achievement and keep the poke theme goin'

EDIT: I kept the poke theme goin'
This is exactly what I needed. More pity badges... The reminder that I can't earn makerscore legitimately. ;_;
(Nah, it's cool. really)
Well just wait until I implement the whole achievement system!
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I'm still debating how to handle video achievements for LPs - e.g. whether to give the developers of the game achievements as well as the LPer. I'm leaning on the "give them to the devs too" since they are small achievements and it's their game being displayed.
Thanks! I gots pokeyman acheevs!
Yeah, I mean, it's nice that people want to LP your game, but sometimes people just LP for the hell of it and pick games at random. The game creator didn't do anything but make the game and they already get achievements for that. The LPers actually edit, play, talk and whatnot...
I was fighting for staying on the 10th place on achievements participating on the Release Something, but with this I guess the fight is over. Cool thing although :)
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
author=kentona
Well just wait until I implement the whole achievement system!

Any hints what this is going to include? I'm curious!

I think one I'd like to see is an achievement for the person who writes the most reviews in a given year, that would likely spur some competition, might even make me want to start writing reviews again!
well, I have hinted at it at every RMN v4.x discussion topic - I just haven't gotten around to implementing it.

Basically, it was going to be automatically doled out achievements upon reaching thresholds of submitted content. ie- submit 10 reviews, get achievement. submit 25, get another. Submit 100, get GRANDADDY OF REVIEWS 'chievo etc... Same for articles or tutorials and whatnot

EDIT:
I'm curious as to why there are two achievements for each "thing"? Why not just give out the Writing! I choose you! achievement every time someone has writing featured? People can have more than one instance of a particular achievement, you know. Also, this is what I do for the Game Featured achievement.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I wanted to do that, but I was worried that people would be concerned that their achievements pages would get too cluttered (hence the two different achievements). Maybe achievements 1-2, 3-5, 5+? I'm fine with stacking achievements as long as everyone else is.
I prefer stacking achievements. that way, you can see a historical list of everyone who got that achievement, by going to that achievement's page. no need to visit 18 different achievements to find out who got featured.
Me pretending my opinion matters again.
This is what I had in mind when I said "same single achievement should be used, replaced by a slightly shinier one each incarnation, worth the equivalent MS".

On each gamedev/spotlight/writing/etc occurrence, the next level replaces the old one. The poke's background color changes from white to bronze to silver to gold (aka shit brown to grey to yellow). Looking years into the future, when Deck and Archeia have 15+ of everything, you'll probably want to use a gradually... evolving (hrhrhr) gradient to accommodate. So the transition from white to bronze would be 1-5, to silver 6-10, to gold 11-15, to kentorange 16-20, etc.

You could do the same to Featured Game, but accumulating those has more bragging rights, particularly in the monthly Stats thread.
Pages: first 12 next last